• Podcast:     

• Podcast:     

Christian Petracca declares his loyalty (2018)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How this for timing - I literally just opened my four year old son’s new membership pack. On the front of his membership card, it has a photo of Petracca. He’s Henry’s favourite player - Henry th

Was searching for a new avatar and stumbled on a pic of the greatest moment in Nathan Buckleys life.     

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

That’s a bit of a myth. 

Oh, and I suppose next you’re going to tell us that the tanks equipped with 12 reverse gears was a myth as well?!

oops! Just saw Demonlands post above and find no delete button... feel more than welcome to delete.

But I am delighted at Trac’s re-signing as he is going to be a very important cog in our premiership machine.

Edited by hardtack
10 hours ago, Stretch Johnson said:

How much is the foetus membership? 

Full price.

It was actually a pretty funny conversation. I had to convince the lady in the sales department that it was okay, that I’d act as his proxy etc, much as I would if he had already been born but was only, say, one week old.

She wasn’t convinced until I said, ‘look, the club needs the numbers’, to which she responded, ‘too right, can’t say I’ve seen this before, but okay’.

It was during the Neeld years. The club hadn’t had a new member in a couple of years.

• Like 5

it's going to be interesting to see where he fits into the side by the end of 2020

a permanent midfielder? a dusty-a-like who can switch btw mid and forward? a primary forward with occasional stints in the middle?

just how good can he become - clearly he's a fairly exciting talent, but at the moment he only finished 7th in the b&f last year despite being now widely lauded by the stats boffins as a 'elite' for his position - remains to be seen

but definitely one of the most exciting talents at the dees seen since, well, since jesse hogan joined the club

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

How this for timing - I literally just opened my four year old son’s new membership pack.

On the front of his membership card, it has a photo of Petracca. He’s Henry’s favourite player - Henry thinks he’s a real life T-Rex.

On the back of his membership card, it says ‘Consecutive years of membership: 6’.

I signed Henry up as a 20 week old foetus - exact full name and accurate (future) date of birth. Pretty confident he’s the youngest official member in the history of the club.

He’s already waiting for his signed birthday card from the red and blue T-Rex.

I’m relieved he’s committed to this club.

Petracca has more powerful arms. 

• Like 2

Safe to say we have a very special player on our hands here.

In a era where so many top line players are "putting contracts talks on hold till the end of the year" - Christian has no issue professing his love for our club & cutting the bs. The kid could've easily followed the growing trend of players who have declaimed these lines above, but he balked at it & now wants to stay at the club that drafted him - & he has consistantly said for life! How good is that? :)

A real reminder of the good old times where lotalty in footy was king.

This is exactly what this club needed. Players around christian will follow suite & im just so confident now that we will manage to retain all of our top end talents.

Well done to all involved. MELBOURNE, this is getting real!

??

It's not just the footy field angle that this contract extension benefits. Petracca is the sort of player who brings along a new generation of dees  supporters and builds a group of exciting young stars at the club. Just watch the re- signings and contract extension that flow from this. That is the platform that builds a fantastic successful future for the club.

Well that's what we all hope !

• 3 years later...
On 4/4/2021 at 4:06 PM, dazzledavey36 said:

lol

they've just paid a fortune to moore, de goey, and grundy and have a host of other players like taylor adams coming up that they'll need to pony up for and still gift treloar $300k a year

tony shaw remains a complete and utter moron

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

lol

they've just paid a fortune to moore, de goey, and grundy and have a host of other players like taylor adams coming up that they'll need to pony up for and still gift treloar $300k a year

tony shaw remains a complete and utter moron

We also paid a fortune to Gus and TMac, have Gawn, Lever and May on decent coin, and Oliver to re-sign this year...

Collingwood aren't dumb operators. They're the biggest team in the league, if anyone thinks they were just 'dumb' last year then I don't think they understand that club. I would be wary.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Nev said:

We also paid a fortune to Gus and TMac, have Gawn, Lever and May on decent coin, and Oliver to re-sign this year...

Collingwood aren't dumb operators. They're the biggest team in the league, if anyone thinks they were just 'dumb' last year then I don't think they understand that club. I would be wary.

pure spin from a former filth player and coach to keep the filth at the forefront of imagination

tony shaw has as much idea as you or i with regards to petracca's contract intentions

1 minute ago, whatwhat say what said:

pure spin from a former filth player and coach to keep the filth at the forefront of imagination

tony shaw has as much idea as you or i with regards to petracca's contract intentions

Mate, former players are always the best sources of club goss, and Collingwood being into Petracca isn't a new bit of news, the rumour has been around since 2019 or so.

Not saying Trac is gone, not guaranteeing the Pies will go hard after him, but write this stuff off at your own peril.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Collingwood have their plans set on someone. It’s going to be very hard to pry Oliver or Petracca out of the Dees if we go deep this year. Premiership favourites rarely lose top end talent

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

What a hideous scenario 

i would have real trouble seeing Tracc play over there. 

Like Clarry, if we are just going to get raided every 2-3 years, there is no point having anything to do with AFL. 

Line in the sand time Demons. 

Win games or die

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roost it far said:

Collingwood have their plans set on someone. It’s going to be very hard to pry Oliver or Petracca out of the Dees if we go deep this year. Premiership favourites rarely lose top end talent

Yep, there's no way a club like Collingwood just messed things up for no reason last year. They're up to something.

5 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

TMac will be out of contract end of 22, probably Gus too if both are still with us. Jetta and Jones gone this year possibly with Melksham, Hibberd and others. We will have salary cap room. Don’t think that will be the problem, even if Clarry gets a pay rise. Luckily both players seem to love their team mates, the coach and the club. Hopefully both re sign with us and have lots of success as Dees in the next few years.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Redleg said:

TMac will be out of contract end of 22, probably Gus too if both are still with us. Jetta and Jones gone this year possibly with Melksham, Hibberd and others. We will have salary cap room. Don’t think that will be the problem, even if Clarry gets a pay rise. Luckily both players seem to love their team mates, the coach and the club. Hopefully both re sign with us and have lots of success as Dees in the next few years.

More just pointing out this talk of Collingwood's cap being far tighter than ours is quite likely not very accurate.

Not sure how you're tearing up Melksham's contract early? And wouldn't think any of Jones, Jetta and Hibberd are on huge contracts that will gift us massive salary cap space. Hard to know for sure though.

Obviously hope both Clarry and Trac stay, but just think it's a bit naive for people to instantly write this off.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Yep, there's no way a club like Collingwood just messed things up for no reason last year. They're up to something.

You over estimate Collingwood. You don't lose Stepho, Treloar & Phillips for effectively nothing unless you bring in a big fish that same year. 

• Like 1

• Whispering_Jack changed the title to Christian Petracca declares his loyalty (2018)