The Cam Pedersen Appreciation Thread

dazzledavey36

10 hours ago, Skuit said:

With Garland, Trenners and Kent looking likely for an exit at the end of the year, and Jack Watts on possibly shaky ground, the non-captaining players on our list to have survived the Neeld era could boil down to this for 2018:

Tomald (KPF)

Maxy (AA)

Nev (AA)

Pedo

About a million-to-one forecast a few short years ago. And I'm sure there's some Aesop fable in there somewhere.

Hogan, Spencil and Viney too.

Edited by Moonshadow

12 hours ago, deeko said:

Huge lover of the Pedobear and what he brings (when he's switched on). Sticky dukes, big tackles and bumps and is a lovely field kick.

I remember reading a post or two about the above and always wondered if there was any truth in it.

I could never imagine him hanging out on Hollywood Blvd with the 'in' crew at all and he strikes me as the quiet type.

Not sure why people would dislike him, he's a bit of a battler, coming through the ranks the tough way and had to work at Bunnings part time to support his young family is pretty impressive. I have a massive soft spot for him and I would have throught all that isn't something that people could surely dislike?

I bloody love Pedo!

Compare this to the old elite at the MFC (Moloney, Sylvia etc) who'd post off season gangster shots of themselves from some cheesy pool party in Vegas.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Love the Bear.  Very happy Pedo and the club got this done.  Had we not signed him up, I dare say he could have gone looking and probably finding another suiter club post season on the basis of what he has produced this year.

Glad to see him getting a fair deal at selection this season as well.  Probably a fair criticism of his performance has been his consistency and tendency to fade in and out of having an impact over a number of weeks.  Great that he responded to the challenge set by Goody earlier in the year and stepped up his fitness and intensity another level.   Whist he probably doesn't match it with the likes of Weid and Watts in terms of talent and long term prospectives, his current worst is better than the average game for the Weid and he always has a bigger physical presence than Watts.

What Pedo has been able to achieve this season should be an inspiration to mature age, recycled fringe players everywhere.  Let's hope that rubs off on a few others that we have at present.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Was today his best game for the MFC?

The stakes were really high and Cam stood up tall. 

Keep going Pedo..

gives his all...

Yep, he was pretty  F###ing good.  

But he was also pretty fu##ing good last year Vs Hawthorn.  Just imagine if he had played  against the Carlscum?!

Anway new year, different propersition all around.  Let's get the job done properly next  week against The Filth, don't want to give them the satisfaction of beating a top 8/finals side in the last round and I'd  much rather the Tigers first up.

19 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Was today his best game for the MFC?

The stakes were really high and Cam stood up tall. 

Keep going Pedo..

gives his all...

He even did some good things in the ruck today i thought 

• Like 2

It's time for the return of the greatest statistic in footy: The #Pedomyths #PedoFACTS win percentage comparison.

Since R1 2016, we've won 15 games and lost 8 with Pedersen in the side. We've won 7 games and lost 13 with him out of the side.

So over the last 43 games we have a 65% winning percentage with Pedersen in the side and a 35% winning percentage with him out of the side.

Edited by Chook
EFA: Pedofacts!!!
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chook said:

It's time for the return of the greatest statistic in footy: The #Pedomyths win percentage comparison.

Since R1 2016, we've won 15 games and lost 8 with Pedersen in the side. We've won 7 games and lost 13 with him out of the side.

So over the last 43 games we have a 65% winning percentage with Pedersen in the side and a 35% winning percentage with him out of the side.

I bet the players love having Cam in the side

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chook said:

It's time for the return of the greatest statistic in footy: The #Pedomyths win percentage comparison.

Except you need to change you hashtag to #Pedofacts

Go the Bear, GO The MIGHTY DEMONS!!!

Just now, Go the Biff said:

He's been given a much less "delicate" nickname by a bunch of blokes behind me at the footy today (funny buggers they were too)

I assume one of them was @Clint Bizkit because according to them, Pedo's new name is.......................

Brownlow

I couldn't it unfortunately, but that is a great nickname. Slightly more tasteful than some others he has.

• Like 1

Shame on MFC for being him being overlooked earlier this year. So many were calling it.

He has developed late but what development it is.

This guy is the definition of intensity and effort. Pay attention Jw and a few others.

If his form continues and Jeffy  and Watts play their best it's a forward line that is very dangerous if we play finals.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Go the Biff said:

He's been given a much less "delicate" nickname by a bunch of blokes behind me at the footy today (funny buggers they were too)

I assume one of them was @Clint Bizkit because according to them, Pedo's new name is.......................

Brownlow

I recon they would  be pretty good odds doe him to win too.  Much rather Pedo than Dusty, but  

Pedo would have too many votes taken off him by Oliver, Viney and T Mac to be any kind of chance anyway.

20 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

You can trace it all the way back to pick 5 which we used on McLean, good value.

Brock could probably carry Pedo's bags. Gizz would struggle to lift them. 

• Like 3