• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

FA & Trade Whispers

Dee-licious

18 minutes ago, wheaters31 said:

ESSENDON is happy to part with defender Michael Hibberd for a second-round pick, however it would prefer it was this year's rather than a 2017 pick.

Dees, Dons close to finalising Hibberd trade Peter Ryan

prefer....hmmm

Essendon just got a wake up call..Dont F us around

The NAB AFL Radio daily round up

• Bryce Gibbs has informed Carlton that he wants to return to South Australia, with Adelaide list manager Justin Reid today confirming the star Blue is seeking a trade.

• Sydney midfielder Tom Mitchell has requested a trade to Hawthorn, telling the Swans today of his desire to move to the Hawks.

• Richmond star Brett Deledio has flagged his interest in joining Geelong, with Tigers football talent manager Dan Richardson confirming today Deledio had spoken to the club about the possibility of joining the Cats.

• Richmond will receive pick 26 as compensation after ruckman Tyrone Vickery today officially moved to Hawthorn as an unrestricted free agent.

• Zach Tuohy today became the second Carlton star to request a trade away from the Blues, with the defender seeking a trade to Geelong.

• Daniel Wells has told North Melbourne he will be leaving the club as a free agent, with Collingwood expected to announce his arrival at the club this week.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

prefer....hmmm

Essendon just got a wake up call..Dont F us around

I just hate giving Essendon anything, I'd rather give a pick to Collingwood.

If there was a way we could get him through the courts I'd prefer we did that, third round or nothing.

They get away with it every time, they screwed us last year and they're doing it again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dante said:

I just hate giving Essendon anything, I'd rather give a pick to Collingwood.

If there was a way we could get him through the courts I'd prefer we did that, third round or nothing.

They get away with it every time, they screwed us last year and they're doing it again.

If the x drug duo are worth having they are worth a second round pick.If they are not worth a second pick why bother.

seems fair to me.

3 minutes ago, old dee said:

If the x drug duo are worth having they are worth a second round pick.If they are not worth a second pick why bother.

seems fair to me.

It's not about what they're worth, it's more about what we want to pay, me, nothing.

You want our club to be hated OD, this is a good way to start.

Edited by Dante

3 minutes ago, Dante said:

It's not about what they're worth, it's more about what we want to pay, me, nothing.

You want our club to be hated OD, this is a good way to start.

You get hated by winning lots of games.

If you don't have good players you don't win games and all you end up with is pity.

We have been pitied for a long time I am well and truely over that.

Give up a second round pick get Hibberd and lets get on with winning lots of games.

1 minute ago, old dee said:

If you don't have good players you don't win games and all you end up with is pity.

Give up a second round pick get Hibberd and lets get on with winning lots of games.

If you pay too much for other teams scraps, you don't get pitied, you get laughed at and I'm not sure that Hibberd isn't much more than that.

If you think Hibbered will help us win games, then perhaps I better have another look at him. :blink:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, old dee said:

Fine by me as long as it is next year's second round pick!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Dante said:

If you pay too much for other teams scraps, you don't get pitied, you get laughed at and I'm not sure that Hibberd isn't much more than that.

If you think Hibbered will help us win games, then perhaps I better have another look at him. :blink:

To be honest I have little idea how good he is. I am taking the FD,s word he is worth recruiting.

They have not made many errors lately so I am taking their word for his value.

as I said before if he is as good as they think then he is worth a second round pick.

we can either pay and get him or not pay and continue without him.

1 hour ago, greenmachine said:

dons are the worst team ever to deal with

happy.gifhappy.gif
happy.gifhappy.gif
happy.gifhappy.gif

I reckon they're being ok actually. We gave up 25 for Melksham last year and Hibberd is better than him. They could have gone the way of their fans and said "Well if Melksham was worth pick 25, we expect a late first rounder for Hibberd". Luckily their employees are more realistic than their one-eyed, Hird loving supporters.

Actually, I think trading a pick that might push out to 30 is weighted in our favour. I remember when the rumour first broke months ago, I was discussing the move with an Essendon fan and we agreed a pick in the region of 19-21 would be fair.  This will help combat last year's Melksham trade which was weighted in Essendon's favour.

18 minutes ago, Sylvia Saint said:

I reckon they're being ok actually. We gave up 25 for Melksham last year and Hibberd is better than him. They could have gone the way of their fans and said "Well if Melksham was worth pick 25, we expect a late first rounder for Hibberd". Luckily their employees are more realistic than their one-eyed, Hird loving supporters.

Actually, I think trading a pick that might push out to 30 is weighted in our favour. I remember when the rumour first broke months ago, I was discussing the move with an Essendon fan and we agreed a pick in the region of 19-21 would be fair.  This will help combat last year's Melksham trade which was weighted in Essendon's favour.

I agree the deal should be done. But, I can see Melbourne not wanting not drop out entirely from the first/second round picks this year to ensure they have a pick this year and next in that framework, so they are testing the waters a bit.

Outside of something crazy I expect Hibberd to be traded to us for our second round pick this year so no hardball, the target has been identified and the deal will be done.

Edited by Sigil

LIGHT BULB JUST WENT OFF

Melbourne Receive: Pick 30 , Pick 52 

Melbourne Lose: Lynden Dunn , Pick 46

Brisbane Receive: Lynden Dunn ,  pick 8 

Brisbane Lose:  Pearce Hanley, pick 30

Hawthorn Receive: Jaeger, O Meara 

Hawthorn Lose: Pick 14, pick 52, Kaiden Brand, Will Langford

Gold Coast Receive:  Pearce Hanley, Kaiden Brand, Pick 14, pick 46, Will Langford, 

Seems like all 4 clubs would agree to that

was going to give GCS pick 21 and 22 to Brizzy instead of 8 but pick 8 is more valuable to Brisbane because 21 and 22 give GCS more points for Bowes.

THEN:

Melbourne Receive: Michael Hibberd

Melbourne Lose: 2017 2nd rounder, pick 52   (possibly add 2017 1st if they don't budge)

Essendon Receive ; Melbourne 2017 2nd rounder, pick 52     

Essendon Lose: Michael Hibberd

THEN:

Melbourne Receive: Pick 15

Melbourne Lose: Pick 28 and Pick 30

GWS Receive : Pick 28 and Pick 30
GWS Lose: Pick 15

Gws gain 200 points for their academy guns

OVERALL TRADE PERIOD

Melbourne Receive: Michael Hibberd, Pick 15

Melbourne Lose: Pick 26, Pick 46, 2017 2nd rounder

Not bad?

• Like 11

28 minutes ago, DemonLad5 said:

LIGHT BULB JUST WENT OFF

Gold Coast Receive:  Pearce Hanley, Kaiden Brand, Pick 14, pick 46, Will Langford, 

was going to give GCS pick 21 and 22 to Brizzy instead of 8 but pick 8 is more valuable to Brisbane because 21 and 22 give GCS more points for Bowes.

THEN:

Melbourne Lose: 2017 2nd rounder, pick 52   (possibly add 2017 1st if they don't budge)

THEN:

OVERALL TRADE PERIOD

Not bad?

Genius! ? Not bad at all!

• Like 1

What does caving in to their 2nd round demand for this year, say about our faith in Melksham though? Don't we have enough to stand back on if the deal doesn't go through? We gave up #25 and a 4 year 400k deal, but if Essendon want this years 2nd round, then we'd be too afraid to lose the deal and only have Melk to fall back on? To not play hardball and press them to accept next years 2nd just suggests we don't have much faith in Melksham, the other backs and our Plan B with the 2nd round pick.

Seems important to at least have a 2nd round pick this year to pick the player that falls through the cracks of the first round. If that's Mahoney's reasoning, then he should stick to his guns.

Edited by DominatrixTyson
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DemonLad5 said:

LIGHT BULB JUST WENT OFF

THEN:

THEN:

OVERALL TRADE PERIOD

Not bad?

Gold Coast lose?

Day one summary. 

Everyone wants to go to hawthorn or cats. If no interest from those two they want to go to the pies. 

Contracts mean nothing and being a FA has no relevance. 

Comp is becoming a joke

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Day one summary. 

Everyone wants to go to hawthorn or cats. If no interest from those two they want to go to the pies. 

Contracts mean nothing and being a FA has no relevance. 

Comp is becoming a joke

Indeed. It's making me re-consider my interest in the afl in general ie watching most games. I might just stick to the Demon games and maybe a game here or there between top contenders on the ladder.

Edited by DominatrixTyson
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Abe said:

I reckon this is a really bad decision by the Pies, Wells and Mayne are not going to be in their next premiership side, i reckon they have a pretty good young group, and they should be working on that 

Ed trying to shore up his reputation, hanging everything on this,  he's gambling,  going  All In. 

outcome = a pair of deuces