• PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm      

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat
    If you still want to browse Demonland
    while listening to the Podcast
    choose pop up player below

TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE MOST AWESOME POST MATCH THREAD EVER!!!

28 minutes ago, AdamFphlebeb said:

Can I just say that the Bont's 19 touches getting him the same seat on the interchange bench as Viney's dominant 39 possession game against the top team is a down right disgrace. 

The Bont is a good young player, but hideously overrated. 

He got in because he fought back against the Norf aggression, wow, whereas Jack frightened the crap out of the premiers with his aggression. I think it's the name,The Bont and the other one in the team, The Package.

Cannot understand how Conyliglios go in the selected side and Jack was on the bench.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Dante said:

He got in because he fought back against the Norf aggression, wow, whereas Jack frightened the crap out of the premiers with his aggression. I think it's the name,The Bont and the other one in the team, The Package.

Cannot understand how Conyliglios go in the selected side and Jack was on the bench.

Stupid team anyway. Tyson starting center, Viney on the bench. Viney got 4 votes from both coaches and Tyson got 2. Go figure.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Watts the matter said:

Stupid team anyway. Tyson starting center, Viney on the bench. Viney got 4 votes from both coaches and Tyson got 2. Go figure.

I like that Tyson got a bit of recognition this week. He's been brilliant for weeks now.

• Like 8

On 08/08/2016 at 9:54 PM, Deemented Are Go! said:

Just saw a different angle of the Frost fend-off on Hodge coming down the members wing before passing inside 50 to Maxy.

Brilliant! 

One other play by frost that impressed me was in the first quarter i think it was obrien who marked it almost in line with the goal square in front when frost came in late and pushed him and he fell and rolled over, technically it should have been 50 but being 15 meters out directly in front, big deal. The ump did not pay the push and ended up putting obrien on a worse angle because of where he landed after the push, 20 metres out if that and he missed. that was gold.

• Like 7

On 8 August 2016 at 11:26 AM, deespicable me said:

And yet no free kick for any of the three incidents.

Sam Mitchells simpering looks at the umpire every time he gets a free kick against him give me the pip.

They are the most favored team by umpires going round and yet Gibson, Mitchell and Hodge constantly appeal to the umpires throughout a match. They won the free kick count (again) on Saturday yet they constantly appeal to the umpires that they "got it wrong". They are precious and pathetic.

Most players don't think the free against them was right but most just get back on the mark and get on with it. Gibson has been tunnelling for years now and getting away with it. He gets pinged for a 50/50 and he thinks theres no justice.

Those Hawthorn players should be fined and it made public that they shouldn't be seen to influence umpiring decisions.

Come on  They are Hawthorn  Can do no wrong

On 8 August 2016 at 1:23 PM, binman said:

Random thought 2

We were switched on right from the get go. Brilliant first goal. I find it amazing that at round 19 they can still manafacture set plays like that. Gawn to Jones to the player running to the contest (hand balling to players on the move makes such a difference), Hunt in this case who has the courage to keep running and authorisation to have the shot from outside 50. Great stuff.

Of course if you listen to the commentary, Deeerrrrrwayyyyne didn't mention Max at all   Must have been Jones sparking a clear Hawthorn hit out

On 8 August 2016 at 2:15 PM, jnrmac said:

Why would anyone be surprised by the MRP...

Was that a serious question?   Never be surprised, though I must say I wasn't surprised at all, especially their total failure to acknowledge the spear tackle by [darling boy] on Weideman  

On 8 August 2016 at 3:24 PM, nutbean said:

okay - now it says head - YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME !!!!!! How can you get a reprimand for that !!!!!!!!!! If he choose to bump and hit the head it has to be weeks. I don't give a rats the Clarrie got straight up ( i do actually). How about you smash someone in the face with a fist and if they dont stay down you claim "insufficient impact". The MRP is a joke of the highest order. 

Except that corruption and parochialism is never a joke.

On 8 August 2016 at 5:59 PM, jnrmac said:

The crowd was down because there were no trains on the Glen Waverley line or the Glenferrie line due to level crossing works. There were also no trams along the Riversdale rd route . Buses replaced all of those.

A fine point, but which crossing works impacted on the GW and Camberwell (and beyond) lines.  I think it was something else  

3 hours ago, chook fowler said:

Just watched a replay and this is what stood out to me:

Dom Tyson does a huge amount of work that goes unnoticed.

Rioli is a protected species - so much so it was sickening

The Weeds hands are exceptional - can't possibly be dropped next week, he's obviously got a good football brain

How Bernie could have his nose broken and not get a free is a joke

Stretch has elite disposal.

i almost get as much pleasure watching Watts as I did Robbie Flower

Kent is really important to the structure of our forward line.

The 50 metre penalty rules need to be changed

Bernie needs to have a chat with Pedo (v Lions) or maybe Colin Whatshisname (v WCE  a few years back. Killed his career as all he needed was a good preseason)  

1 hour ago, PaulRB said:

Much as I don't like to celebrate injuries, Stratton out for remainder of the home and away season adds another rod to Hawthorns back... :) 

This win keeps on giving. 

The ones I would celebrate are

- Mitchell getting a bad corky ending his season

- Hodge colliding with a point post, (or even a goal post), ending his season

I watched the replay again tonight and the sort of pressure we applied was exactly what's needed to win finals matches, we were relentless and Hawthorn had no answer to us.  Hodge looked like a tired warrior who has gone one battle too many and some of their younger players were exposed without the help of their big five playmakers. I'm not saying they're finished but they are going to have to look at their list as they can't expect Hodge, Mirchell, Burgoyne, Lewis and Gibson to keep carrying them.  

If we'd been able to keep up that intensity in the first game against them this year, we would have been able to claim their scalp twice.

On another note, has Isaac Smith got a top lip?  

Edited by Dante
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, doc roet said:

Every time I watch that hit on Clarrie I get mad, Just a dog of an act,should have be rubbed out.To go and try to hurt someone like that,no remorse,just a dirty dog.

He'll wait,I bet clarrie will not forget.Next year,bigger,stronger,

I get mad at that too, but I get so bloody excited with that handball he did to Viney keeping the ball in. Every Hawthorn player expected him to take it out, in mid air handballed it to Viney who did an awesome shimmy to get away and pass it to Weeds. Ended up with a goal to Bugg, one the moments of the game for me because it was so audacious from just about every player involved!

I too look forward to Clarry (and Weeds too for that matter) bulking up and giving one back to Rioli!

Edited by Pates

Tap outs by Ruckman are really overrated up until the time you see Gawn do it.

His palming this year to Jones/Viney/Tyson/Vince has been nothing short of magnificent. We talk about how good our four onballers have been at clearances - but to watch Gawn put the ball into the exact spot where he knows the likes of Viney will hit at full pace is a work of art.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, jnrmac said:

It will be "interesting" to see just where Rioli sits at this stage come Brownlow night. Of course nobody knows how the votes are going at this stage as we are always told that they are all locked away ??

2 hours ago, nutbean said:

Tap outs by Ruckman are really overrated up until the time you see Gawn do it.

His palming this year to Jones/Viney/Tyson/Vince has been nothing short of magnificent. We talk about how good our four onballers have been at clearances - but to watch Gawn put the ball into the exact spot where he knows the likes of Viney will hit at full pace is a work of art.

He is a classic example of having patience with big men. Less than two years ago, I think it is safe to say most people on here wanted Gawn delisted. He is now the league's best ruckman

12 hours ago, PaulRB said:

Much as I don't like to celebrate injuries, Stratton out for remainder of the home and away season adds another rod to Hawthorns back... :) 

This win keeps on giving. 

I've heard of "making a rod for your own back" but never "adds another rod to their back". Written this way it sounds more like a positive - as in strengthening their spine.. 

Anyway, I know what you mean.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

He is a classic example of having patience with big men. Less than two years ago, I think it is safe to say most people on here wanted Gawn delisted. He is now the league's best ruckman

I don't think it's that safe to say that at all.  It could just be selective memory, but I can't recall much conversation around Gawn being delisted.  

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Pates said:

I get mad at that too, but I get so bloody excited with that handball he did to Viney keeping the ball in. Every Hawthorn player expected him to take it out, in mid air handballed it to Viney who did an awesome shimmy to get away and pass it to Weeds. Ended up with a goal to Bugg, one the moments of the game for me because it was so audacious from just about every player involved!

I too look forward to Clarry (and Weeds too for that matter) bulking up and giving one back to Rioli!

That was the point after which I genuinely expected us to win - Oliver did something fairly desperate and quite extraordinary, but Bugg's kick out of the air was sensational as well. It was such a great, confident passage of play that I thought they looked on from that moment.

4 minutes ago, Undeeterred said:

That was the point after which I genuinely expected us to win - Oliver did something fairly desperate and quite extraordinary, but Bugg's kick out of the air was sensational as well. It was such a great, confident passage of play that I thought they looked on from that moment.

Thought Bugg had a good game

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nasher said:

I don't think it's that safe to say that at all.  It could just be selective memory, but I can't recall much conversation around Gawn being delisted.  

The only talk about Gawn was his two knee reco's and being a touch fragile - whether his body would hold up - If you go back to his very earliest games he always showed good glimpses of what he could be.

Okay my favourite moment from the game ( a part from Weidemans mark and goal in the first ) was definitely the passage where Gibson got the free on the wing, played on, got pinged, lost the ball to Duryea who got bundled over the boundary line.. I think it was the third quarter. It was BANG BANG hawks lose the ball under severe pressure. From us no less !!!!!  

That was when I dared to dream that we could win.

• Like 2

Random thoughts cont,

I'm not sure where this win sits for me in relation to other great wins however in terms of attending a game it was probably the best experience since the 2006 saints elimination final. 

It was simply a great win but also a great game to watch, with any number of highlights. This was not one of those games where a mid table side upsets a top side because the top side is simply not switched on and have not come to play and the other side has. I have not heard one person or commentator say we weer lucky to win or got the hawks on an off day. I think our pressure, skill, energy and run and gun approach exposed the bottom end hawks players like dureya. 

The whole game was final's like pressure with at times brilliant execution, mostly by the dees. We were thrilling in our ball use, ferocious at the ball carrier and the synergy between Gawn and the mids was a thing of beauty.  The last 15 minutes were as enjoyable to watch as any game i can recall seeing live, with the exception of a small handful of stone cold classics, in particular the 87 final season game against the doggies. 

What impressed me the most however was that we fought back when headed by the best side of the last decade. We refused to fold. The hawks kicked the last 2 goals of the second half and the first two of the second half. Four years ago that would have been that. However i was still strangely confident, such was their evident energy and fight. Not a single head dropped. The hawks hit the lead with 15 to go and again we fought back, slamming on 5 (and should have been 6) unanswered goals.

go dees

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pineapple dee said:

Okay my favourite moment from the game ( a part from Weidemans mark and goal in the first ) was definitely the passage where Gibson got the free on the wing, played on, got pinged, lost the ball to Duryea who got bundled over the boundary line.. I think it was the third quarter. It was BANG BANG hawks lose the ball under severe pressure. From us no less !!!!!  

That was when I dared to dream that we could win.

Looked like Petracca was going to kill him after the free was given when Gibson clearly ducked. He even had time to put his mouthguard back in his mouth before he chased him. It was right at the end of the 3rd.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, nutbean said:

The only talk about Gawn was his two knee reco's and being a touch fragile - whether his body would hold up - If you go back to his very earliest games he always showed good glimpses of what he could be.

Max has said that when he was off the track for that time he became a passionate Melbourne supporter and sat in the stands barracking for the Demons, he will never leave the club he loves. May have been a blessing in disguise as it enabled him to get his body right and not be rushed in to the side when he wasn't ready.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dante said:

Max has said that when he was off the track for that time he became a passionate Melbourne supporter and sat in the stands barracking for the Demons, he will never leave the club he loves. May have been a blessing in disguise as it enabled him to get his body right and not be rushed in to the side when he wasn't ready.

That time out could have kickstarted his future career in the media too!