1 minute ago, olisik said:

5 loose players running the ball out? We would just be giving them an avenue to launch an attack opposed to keeping it locked in our 50.

It's about providing space for the forward to run into Olisik. So you are suggesting our forwards all huddle around Hogan? Good grief.

Dom Tyson is playing a very good game, on a positive note, seems to be building into a really good patch of form.

• Like 8

They've been so much cleaner in the midfield than us. We've been slipping over, fumbling, making poor decisions and generally have not worked hard enough.

Do not look like it today. Cannot believe we're only four goals down. They've been deadly off half back, but a pattern has formed. They've let us get the easy kick out and then run off half back, and waited for us to turned it over around the wing and then they pounce on transition.

Could get really ugly. The Dogs look like they're in 3rd or 4th gear. If they find second or first we're staring down the barrel of a 10-12 goal loss.

• Like 2

Good effort but I've lost count how many times two players go for the same ball, it spills out and the dogs breakaway.

Cohesion will come with games.

That long bomb by Hunt? to Gawn and Kennedy crumb goal was a thing of beauty.

• Like 1

Oh and Gawn couldn't mark a beach ball today. There's still too much between his best and worst. He lifts and we're a chance.

1 minute ago, AdamFarr said:

They've been so much cleaner in the midfield than us. We've been slipping over, fumbling, making poor decisions and generally have not worked hard enough.

Do not look like it today. Cannot believe we're only four goals down. They've been deadly off half back, but a pattern has formed. They've let us get the easy kick out and then run off half back, and waited for us to turned it over around the wing and then they pounce on transition.

Could get really ugly. The Dogs look like they're in 3rd or 4th gear. If they find second or first we're staring down the barrel of a 10-12 goal loss.

Just now, chook fowler said:

Clarrie is having a shocker as well. Their midfield is eating us.

Their midfield has been cleaner and better organised. It's been an almost game for us several times.

• Like 1

I think Garlo is in for H in terms of experience. It's a very young defence. I thought he handled the 50 well, and got the boys to settle down but he's had a shocker.

Honestly the difference in this game is composure and that they've had a season or 2 longer as a group.

ill back the boys in to lift. Come on Dees!

Just now, 3Dee said:

Good effort but I've lost count how many times two players go for the same ball, it spills out and the dogs breakaway.

Great point 3Dee.  It's almost as if we're TOO keen at the some of the contests and just need to read the situation a little better.

As some have said, I don't think we can fault the endeavour, we just need to clean up our disposal from here.

• Like 1

The last 2 minutes were due to the umpires arguing amongst themselves. 

3 minutes ago, 3Dee said:

Post of the game imo.

Massive start to this quarter, they'll either blow us away or we'll get ourselves neck deep in the contest and take it right to the wire.

Jetta has kept us in it. 

Garland had a shocking half.

Petraacca good .tom mac confused.Watts nothing yet.

• Like 1

It just amazes me how when the ball's in dispute, it always just bobbles around  into the arms of a doggie player. Then they hack it forward & falls into the arms of another player. They can do no wrong. Oh and I used to like the doggies. But the supporters are some of the most arrogant I've ever seen & extremely one-eyed. I really hope we don't let them run away with this. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

What is wrong with our supporters?  Rubbish thread, Stigga.  

I said before the game started that some on here wouldn't have a balanced reaction if things weren't going well. The funny part is that some of those that are rubbishing the team (rightly or wrongly) will be the same ones declaring it the game of the decade if we come from behind to win.

Edited by Maple Demon
typo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

I have no real issue with the endeavor.
We need to tidy up our disposal and decision making. 

Showing our inexperience, we're a couple of seasons behind the Dogs, and they've got too much class and run around the ball. Petracca, Oliver, Harmes etc. not quite there yet, though as above, can't fault the endeavour.

Clarry hasn't been on very long, so not sure it's his fault. I'd have him in the middle more, but a couple of times he's got it and they've pounced on him.

5 minutes ago, AdamFarr said:

That's not how gears work.

• Like 7

We arent clean with the ball, we arent composed around the contest and they constantly have one on the outside to clear, and they seem to be on the right side of the bounce and chaos ball all the time. If we settle down a bit we should be in this. 

Not to mention that they can throw it and we can't