• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

MATCH PREVIEW AND TEAM SELECTION - Round 8

Demonland

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

I'm not saying Michie was bad last week, just think he's in the "depth player" part of our list, and when better players are available they come in at their expense.

On his best day he is depth IMO.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Scythe said:

Perhaps Bernie moves up the ground a bit, Salem slots back in usual spot and Harmes takes the main defensive forward role? Stretch I suppose could play forward of centre. Not too sure.

As Django said ANB would probably be a better replacement, but doesn't look like Michie is going anywhere. 

Bernie gave Bontempelli a bath last year. Might see that match up.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DemonLad5 said:

Of course Mission decides to not mention Kent in the injury report

So what. There could be several reasons for that.  For example, perhaps he thinks keeping oppositions guessing is more important than satisfying the  curiosity of the very few supporters who feel a need to know this information a couple of days earlier.

• Like 10

I have managed to watch all of our games live via streaming this season so far and have watched replays of most of them at least once. I have enjoyed the way we are playing with fast transitions from our turnovers.There is plenty of run and a lot of speed with players like Hunt and Wagner getting to positions to receive and link into the corridor. this has lead to a lot of our scores and it is great, attractive footy to watch. we have backed ourselves to kick a higher score than the opposition.

With the way that the attacking game has evolved this season I think there is still a lot of work to be done in structuring a defence to handle the speed of transition. We are still a work in progress in this respect. As are a lot of other teams. With the high pressure defence that starts in our forward 50 and is structured all over the ground we need to ensure that the back men react fast with flexibility and intelligence. sometimes we get it wrong with matchups like Jetta in Daniher during the bombers match but time and experience will help sort that out.

When we move into attack I would like to see a fast sweeper drop back to help cover the quick opposition break. someone like Hunt who has good closing speed and fast twitch react time to recover his feet.

I am sure they will work it out but it will require a lot of understanding and team work on structures.

After last weekend Melbourne must be emerging as one of the more difficult teams to defend against. we had 13 different goal scorers with our two main forward weapons only kicking one goal between them. 

I am looking forward to this game and think we will shade them by a goal or two. what I do know form the season so far is that no matter what the scores my be, we will not drop our heads the way we may have in the past. I have heard so many of the team express confidence in the structures and the way they want to play that it gives me confidence we will still have a crack no matter what the scores.

There is one thing I want to see this season at some stage. I want to see our players really show confidence in defence. Confidence in their team mates nailing the ball carrier so they do not have to leave their man.

• Like 2

This weekend will also happen to be the 50th time Bernie has donned the Red (or pink) and Blue. Can't even begin to express the impact he's made to our club.

Kicking, marking, running, tagging, goaling, defending, attack, lead. He can essentially do the lot without breaking a sweat. Still has another 2-3 seasons left in him after this year as well.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, McQueen said:

He got it through looking for a free kick by throwing his body backwards.

Hope he learns a lesson from it.

He copped an awkward tackle in the forward pocket before hogans disallowed left foot over the shoulder goal, and drove his knee into the ground, jolting his back. He lay writhing on the ground for 20 seconds in front of the dees cheer squad after the play and was very sore holding his lower back when he got up. Im not surprised hes not 100%.

Maybe watch the game next time before you suggest a player 'learns a lesson' from a genuine injury.

• Like 10

Although I really like Salem I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back via Casey. Whilst being ok he hasn't set the world on fire this year and at times has lacked  the required desperation and urgency needed at this level. A bit of a reality check might do him the world of good. 

53 minutes ago, Moneider96 said:

I feel for Michie. But the changes have to be Salem and ANB for Kent and Michie. 

Close but no cigar. Michie stays and plays off HB. firts gamers (even though technically he isn't one) don't get dropped after one game, especailly after an good block of games in the tows, and his mature body will be very handy against the dogs

Stretch and Kent out. Salem and ANB in. 

Harmes to play on ball/wing (same thing these days) but push forward a bit to cover the loss of kent. 

My final team would be the following:

B:        Jetta     McDonald      Bugg

HB:     Wagner Garland         Hunt

C:       Vince     Tyson            Oliver

HF:     Watts     Pedersen      Garlett

F:       Harmes   Hogan          Kennedy

R:      Gawn       Jones          Viney

Int: Salem       ANB     Petracca     OMac (because the Dogs forward line is fairly tall)

Final team - In - O.Mac, Salem

Out - Michie, Kent

ANB stiff again but it was either him or Stretch but Stretch provides more speed which we need.

Need O.Mac to play on the resting ruckman going forward

3 minutes ago, DemonLad5 said:

Final team - In - O.Mac, Salem

Out - Michie, Kent

ANB stiff again but it was either him or Stretch but Stretch provides more speed which we need.

Need O.Mac to play on the resting ruckman going forward

So Salem goes forward then? OMac, TMac and Garland all in the same back 6 against a quick team? Not so sure....

1 hour ago, McQueen said:

He got it through looking for a free kick by throwing his body backwards.

Hope he learns a lesson from it.

Wow.... Contender for worst post of the year award right there?

Please watch the replay again... :o

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, fr_ap said:

He copped an awkward tackle in the forward pocket before hogans disallowed left foot over the shoulder goal, and drove his knee into the ground, jolting his back. He lay writhing on the ground for 20 seconds in front of the dees cheer squad after the play and was very sore holding his lower back when he got up. Im not surprised hes not 100%.

Maybe watch the game next time before you suggest a player 'learns a lesson' from a genuine injury.

I owe an apology after searching the for and reviewing the tackle. He was pulled over and dug into the ground.

7 minutes left in the 2nd qtr it was.

Fair call mate.

Edited by McQueen
I was wrong.
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Salem for Michie, ANB for Kent

OMac maybe a roughie to come in for matchups

Park Me you want 2 NQR Brothers in the same team

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

12 minutes ago, KrazyJay said:

Wow.... Contender for worst post of the year award right there?

Please watch the replay again... :o

I've admitted it was a wrong call.

Worst post of the year? There's some serious contenders I need to beat. :blink:

• Like 2

Crucial game for us ........ worth more than just the 4 points if we can roll them.  I think we are a chance at the G, but things will need to go right.  The tactical battles around the stoppages will play an important part in the final result. Dees by 15 pts, but the margin won't be much more than that all day.  Go Melbourne!!