JUDGEMENT DAY - THE "BOMBER" 34

Whispering_Jack

1 minute ago, hardtack said:

Speaking of which, whatever happened with regards to that?  Being in Sydney we don't hear too much at the best of times.

Was discussed last night on Footy Classified. The general gist is that the original complaint was fairly exaggerated, Caro said she was of the belief Martin never threatened to stab the woman

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raul Poos said:

Was discussed last night on Footy Classified. The general gist is that the original complaint was fairly exaggerated, Caro said she was of the belief Martin never threatened to stab the woman

She would say that wouldn't she!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raul Poos said:

Was discussed last night on Footy Classified. The general gist is that the original complaint was fairly exaggerated, Caro said she was of the belief Martin never threatened to stab the woman

Didn't you think Lyon looked at her incredulously ( and somewhat disbelievingly) when she was suggesting that.. 

19 minutes ago, old dee said:

She would say that wouldn't she!

As a Ninthmond supporter yes, but I was under the impression she severely disliked him over some personal issue?

18 minutes ago, nutbean said:

Didn't you think Lyon looked at her incredulously ( and somewhat disbelievingly) when she was suggesting that.. 

Moreso when she said she didn't know the full story, he gave a look at the camera as if to say 'Then why are you talking about it'

• Like 2

On 1/12/2016 at 11:50 AM, Nasher said:

I can't see how Essendon could possibly be allowed to conduct a season with only 32 on their list. You can take the "you cheated, tough luck" but the main recipients of that punishment would be the innocent players of marginal fitness who have to slog through the season because there's no backup. It's a major, unacceptable health risk to players who did nothing wrong.

Essendon will rightly be allowed to top up. I suspect in the interest of fairness, the other clubs including us should be able to as well. It's no big deal, they're going to stink anyway.

I'm not sure how I feel about the topup players.

Essendon are responsible for the fact that their players are not available and therefore if there is a health risk in a reduced list then the team should not take the field of play.

To allow players to come in outside of the recognised avenues of drafting and trading during the defined trade and draft periods, isn't done so much for the benefit of health and safety I presume, but more for serving the needs of fielding a team for commercial reasons.

Had Essendon lost players through injury in a bus accident through no fault of their own then maybe an avenue for irregular influx of players could be granted but for them to have caused the loss of their players through operating outside of the drug codes then, really, bad luck to them if they can't safely field a team.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, daisycutter said:

tracey holmes discussing this with tony jones this morning on 3aw came across as a hird sympathiser

even jones, an essendon supporter said he felt this. he was also disappointed that the show will cover a lot of other aspects and not just focus on hird's "story" which he thought would be a pity as he thought it should just concentrate on interviewing hird as this was an opportunity to delve deeper and not just regurgitate generalisations. he said he probably wouldn't bother watching

Is that Chompers Jones from Channel 9? If it is he is a Collingwood supporter - and his own number 1 fan.

If my boss gave me a year off with pay, I'd act unethically as well.

There is not a lot of incentive to do the right thing.

Well done to all the athletes who are clean and are doing the right thing. There are no shortcuts to success.

29 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

Is that Chompers Jones from Channel 9? If it is he is a Collingwood supporter - and his own number 1 fan.

yep. sorry clint, i meant to say sympathiser (re current saga) not supporter. though he is starting to change his mind a bit

18 hours ago, Cards13 said:

Lloyd

" I can't believe the players hid anything from Reid".

So that is now Lloyd and Hird disagreeing with Reid on this point. 

One of Hird and Reid is either telling porkies or is badly mistaken. 

• Like 1

Jobe said they may appeal. When does this stop. I mean if they appeal then do wada have the right to appeal again if for some miracle essendon get off? Kochie was right in what he said. They and the other clubs wanted essendon to deal with it quickly. If they did this would all be over and so would there punishments. 

Who would pay for this appeal. Surely essendon have spent enough money on this, 

23 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

Jobe said they may appeal. When does this stop. I mean if they appeal then do wada have the right to appeal again if for some miracle essendon get off? Kochie was right in what he said. They and the other clubs wanted essendon to deal with it quickly. If they did this would all be over and so would there punishments. 

They want it to drag out until they are all retired or traded. 

• Like 1

They can only appeal in Switzerland and then they have to be invited.

27 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, binman said:

I have listened sporadically to the show for the last 3 years and it is remarkable how often one of the lead topics (and even sub stories) is about drugs in sports. Even more remarkable is how strong the anti WADA agenda is, of both the show in general but in particular Tracey Holmes who does all the interviews.

She invites on a variety of oddballs who struggle to get media anywhere else. She's had on Martin Hardie, and even Bruce Francis. Ye gods.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris said:

Dill is a good talker but I wouldn't say his approach has been good. He is far to forgiving of the players and excusing all this due to the culture of footy clubs. He should be saying the culture was wrong and we need to change it, we need to make a culture in all football that empowers the players to take responsibility and make the right calls. Who knows it might even stop the players threatening people with chopsticks.

Funny, I don't recall Gil "the Dealmaker" being so forgiving of the culture of footy clubs when the St Kilda schoolgirl was hanging around the comp. Or when players have been caught drink driving. Or when players get into fights. Maybe there wasn't so much money at stake in those instances.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Ted Fidge said:

Funny, I don't recall Gil "the Dealmaker" being so forgiving of the culture of footy clubs when the St Kilda schoolgirl was hanging around the comp. Or when players have been caught drink driving. Or when players get into fights. Maybe there wasn't so much money at stake in those instances.

Got in one TF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dees189227 said:

Let  them try and appeal.  They  are  finished  and  rightly  so 

This may interest you.

https://twitter.com/ChrisKaias/status/686664668438331392

Edited by Seraph
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Melbman2 said:

I'm not sure how I feel about the topup players.

Essendon are responsible for the fact that their players are not available and therefore if there is a health risk in a reduced list then the team should not take the field of play.

To allow players to come in outside of the recognised avenues of drafting and trading during the defined trade and draft periods, isn't done so much for the benefit of health and safety I presume, but more for serving the needs of fielding a team for commercial reasons.

Had Essendon lost players through injury in a bus accident through no fault of their own then maybe an avenue for irregular influx of players could be granted but for them to have caused the loss of their players through operating outside of the drug codes then, really, bad luck to them if they can't safely field a team.

Look good on your Resumee wouldn't it.

"Well son played a few games with the bombers because the rest of them got rubbed out, you know for the love of the game whatever it took"

You would be right to jump at the chance for the sheer integrity of it.

• Like 1

Jobe has obviously been ill advised/informed (again) For all practical purposes there is NO appeal.

Such a mob of brain deads.

Edited by beelzebub
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

So that is now Lloyd and Hird disagreeing with Reid on this point. 

One of Hird and Reid is either telling porkies or is badly mistaken. 

Lloyd is not a particularly bright lad. He fawns over his now defrocked god still.

Quite frankly he's a joke. ( and not even funny )

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Lloyd is not a particularly bright lad. He fawns over his now defrocked god still.

Quite frankly he's a joke. ( and not even funny )

I concur, out of the hundreds of retired footballers, why did they have to choose him?

When he won the Gold Medal for diving, he lost all respect.

And not insightful or the natural football brain of others

• Like 3