• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Jack Trengove is BACK Thread

McQueen

7 hours ago, agent 99 said:

So would I. 

But sadly I see him as the past and one of those reasons why this club has been a joke for so many years.

another player who is average at best, but we seem to rate better than that.

werent we trading him to Richmond?

If he proves me wrong then only the club can benefit.

For a second there thought you were SWYL in another guise, the trade was thought to be mutually beneficial to both clubs and the player at that time, you are going to be proved wrong, this is a guy who hasn't played at AFL level for two years, played a game in atrocious weather conditions and to quote Paul Roos "didn't look out of place"

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It wasn't a day for speed

• Like 3

8 hours ago, agent 99 said:

Reality is he was average and slow.

Is the AFL the place to find form or is that the job of the VFL?

I really dont see the hype, Sylvia had more up side and we all know how that ended.

sorry but Im calling it as I see it!

I wish he could prove me wrong.

Sorry but you don't see too well...

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1

10 hours ago, agent 99 said:

I really dont see the hype, Sylvia had more up side and we all know how that ended.

He's been in the bests in the VFL about five times recently.

You should get the facts straight before potting players.

• Shocked 1

10 hours ago, agent 99 said:

Lol.

NFI.

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1

Getting away from agent99's incorrect assumptions about his pre-AFL form, I was so happy to hear through the week he was making his return. I'm over in Europe and would've loved to see him step out of the G over the weekend. I hope there was a huge cheer from the crowd when he did or when he touched the footy for the first time. 

Even better to read from Paul Roos that he slotted in OK and seemed to do some good things. In those conditions gaining 19 disposals after someone returning to that standard for so long is tremendous. I would love for him to kick on against the pies on QB and even kick a goal or two. The roar would be huge!

Edited by Pates

On 05/06/2016 at 0:12 PM, McQueen said:

Lol.

NFI.

I think he was average Steve.

Leaving the sentimental desire for him on his return aside I thought he justified his selection.

That was it.

Is that good enough for his first game in two years?

Probably

It will be interesting to see him against the Pies on Monday when all the hype is out of the way and any nerves  he had have gone.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, old dee said:

Leaving the sentimental desire for him on his return aside I thought he justified his selection.

That was it.

Probably

It will be interesting to see him against the Pies on Monday when all the hype is out of the way and any nerves  he had have gone.

err and maybe not soaking wet...

Not sure what you were expecting from him OD?

• Like 1

On 6/5/2016 at 1:39 AM, agent 99 said:

Have just wasted 5mins reading some of your previous posts. What a sad troll you are.

• Shocked 1

Thought his selection was ok. Contribution exceeded Newton and ANB the previous couple of weeks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, old dee said:

That was it.

Probably

By his own admission, he was pretty rusty  and the speed of the game took some adjusting to.

He'll get the Pies game and maybe another after that to find a groove. It was hardly ideal conditions for the best of footballers to show their abilities but for the poster above to compare him to Sylvia is completely ridiculous.

1 hour ago, jnrmac said:

err and maybe not soaking wet...

Not sure what you were expecting from him OD?

Not a lot.

About what I got jnr.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 2

I thought he was great. A good solid return. HE contested, He was strong, He made decent decisions...He got involved.

All I saw was promise of things to come , and a guy not worried about his foot Well done

.... Gee a win would have been nice though 

Trenners will play many many more games and better games I reckon

• Like 4

2 hours ago, old dee said:

That was it.

Probably

There were a number of players that played in that game that were average OD and in my opinion Jack wasn't one of them, he did a good job, in his first game for two years and will get better. I recall his first year and at that time I thought we had a good one on our hands and if he can find that form again, we will.

Get behind him OD, you never know he may surprise you.

1 hour ago, Bigred said:

I thought he was great. A good solid return. HE contested, He was strong, He made decent decisions...He got involved.

All I saw was promise of things to come , and a guy not worried about his foot Well done

.... Gee a win would have been nice though 

Trenners will play many many more games and better games I reckon

I agree Bigred but my reservation is that it was wet and therefore things were congested and slower than normal which suited him I think. He didn't look to have any ability to accelerate, just one gear but he did display courage, clean hands and footy smarts. Can that cover the leg speed issue? Not on the wing long term for me but in the middle and at half forward, yes I hope so. I do want to see how he goes on a dry track at the G. 

3 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

I agree Bigred but my reservation is that it was wet and therefore things were congested and slower than normal which suited him I think. He didn't look to have any ability to accelerate, just one gear but he did display courage, clean hands and footy smarts. Can that cover the leg speed issue? Not on the wing long term for me but in the middle and at half forward, yes I hope so. I do want to see how he goes on a dry track at the G. 

Seen him play at Casey this year? Maybe the wet conditions slowed him down a bit too. Like every other player on the ground.

• Like 1

On 5 June 2016 at 2:01 AM, agent 99 said:

So would I. 

But sadly I see him as the past and one of those reasons why this club has been a joke for so many years.

another player who is average at best, but we seem to rate better than that.

werent we trading him to Richmond?

If he proves me wrong then only the club can benefit.

Right, so your message is that your thing against JT isn't based on anything objective or rational. You're just basically having a swing. 

Carry on.

2 hours ago, Dante said:

There were a number of players that played in that game that were average OD and in my opinion Jack wasn't one of them, he did a good job, in his first game for two years and will get better. I recall his first year and at that time I thought we had a good one on our hands and if he can find that form again, we will.

Get behind him OD, you never know he may surprise you.

Do you think he was in the top ten players for the Dees Dante?

I doubt it but he might have sneaked into 10th.

I have no other desire than for him to be very good but after two years off the field I think quite rightly he put in an average first game.

I would have been astounded if he had been more than that.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, old dee said:

Do you think he was in the top ten players for the Dees Dante?

I doubt it but he might have sneaked into 10th.

I have no other desire than for him to be very good but after two years off the field I think quite rightly he put in an average first game.

I would have been astounded if he had been more than that.

It's all relative isn't it, was Hogan in the top ten, Wagner, Harmes, Garlett, Frost, Oscar or Hunt? How did you rate your old mate Dawes and Kent, Vanders didn't exactly set the World on fire.

Do you think Trenners was better than all of them, probably, was he as good as Billy or Nev, maybe, as I said it's all relative.

Edited by Dante

Jack was competent and fit in. 

Good 1st game back. 

Still played better than some :unsure:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, deefender said:

Fast. Or slow like Greg Williams?

Spatial perception gives some players time.

This is why the likes of Jack are elite. 

Slow like Jack Trengove!

Watched him up close running across the wing twice chasing balls, very very slow still and absolutely no acceleration

That said i thought it was a good first game, made a few mistakes kicking ( 3  i think went direct to opposition) but he contested well. I would give him a pass for the game. Not elite!!!

• Like 1

On 6/6/2016 at 6:55 PM, old dee said:

Not a lot.

About what I got jnr.

Interesting fun fact, 

I know people keep speaking about his speed and that's very important in the modern game and i agree, but they're ignoring his huge strength, his endurance.

Trenners played very limited game time on the weekend and still got to close to the most contests of anyone on the ground, when he gets his touch back he'll start having more of an impact on those and becoming a very good role player for us.

I still firmly believe Jack will become a very good B grade midfielder for us, we just need him to consistently get to contests and use his class and skills to try and win us the ball.

• Like 1

On 05/05/2016 at 8:13 AM, Undeeterred said:

Who cares what he says in public?

I don't take a thing Roos says at face value. 'We didn't pick the right team' sounds better than 'Winning this specific game isn't that important to us long term, so we were willing to sacrifice it to see what would happen if we backed our system in the whole game'. Not saying that's what happened but, if it is, that's what I'd prefer Roos to say at the end.

He mentioned  in a post match interview  with burgs that he played wing but saw himself moving into the mid as an inside mid.

I see him as our sam mitchell. Tough inside mid, good by hand, good vision and a good organiser

• Like 5