Gach Nyuon with a late pick?

picket fence

2 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I would be proud to win an award that carried that great Australian's name.

BTW knucklehead it's Romsey!

The great Sir Les once said of his boring wife.......... She's so boring, she'd bore an A....hole in a wooden horse. I think it's fair to say this couldn't  be said of our Bitters. Some of his acolytes, perhaps yes.

oh bye the way, it's a big no to Gach from me.

• Like 2

We should pick up Gach despite his ciminal activities.Many other footballers have be given a second chance. Comparing him to another Sudanese in Majak Daw,this guy is roughly in the same mould but a few years younger. Alir Alir played finals in his first year with the Swans. We need another Ruck- Whatever and I am sure he will surpass our next best ruckman (Spencil).

On 10/29/2016 at 6:58 PM, Bitter but optimistic said:

How is his first or Christian name pronounced?

Is it "Gash"?

If so, I'd cut him some slack.

And if his name had a s at the start it would sound like something else. He might gain a few more admirers! eh Uncle!

Edited by picket fence

1 hour ago, Roger Mellie said:

Lol

Chucked in the towel after round 2 - check

Worst football report card ever written - check

Game preparation involves beer - check

Arrested for making death threats - double check

Delisted by the wooden spooners after 1 year - check

Yep let's sign him up

yep, i'm convinced

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Roger Mellie said:

Lol

Yep let's sign him up

Reads like Biffen's year 10 report card.

• Like 1

the jury is out

apparently down the pub downing jugs and laughing hysterically. Good times all round !!!

• Like 1

On 29/10/2016 at 9:31 AM, Adzman said:

Was just delisted by Essendon. Didn't see much of him in the VFL.

Since being drafted all I can remember about him was that he was arrested for drunken death threats against an uber driver.

Anyone seen his development over the past 12 months?

has he been rooming with Hurley

On 29/10/2016 at 10:59 PM, Moonshadow said:

I hear you are up for Romsay's multicultural ambassador award. Is that kind of like the Sir Les Patterson of Romsay award?

I here its more in the mold of this esteemed gentleman

alf-garnett.jpg

Edited by DV8

17 hours ago, Roger Mellie said:

Lol

Yep let's sign him up

It's hard to go past Enyaw's compelling argument of "he's a ruckman so he must be better than Spencer and he comes from the same country as Majak Daw" though, you must admit.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I wouldn't have thought he'd pass the no D...k head policy we had under Roos and presumably still have under Goodwin.

Perhaps we could put his picture up on the walls with the wording of the no D..K head policy written below, just for clarity.

Edited by Dante

• 2 weeks later...

Gach got delisted by the bottom side that's probably due to the return of the drug squad. I am sure that he will prove a lot of people wrong that he will be able to cut the mustard. Majak Daw looked like his career was coming to an end when he was placed on the rookie list by the Kangas and yet he ended up with a 3 yr contract.

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:54 PM, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I wouldn't have thought he'd pass the no D...k head policy we had under Roos and presumably still have under Goodwin.

We've relaxed that policy a little lately though to be fair. Couple on our list and I have no problems with it....as long as they can play.

4 hours ago, ENYAW said:

Gach got delisted by the bottom side that's probably due to the return of the drug squad. I am sure that he will prove a lot of people wrong that he will be able to cut the mustard. Majak Daw looked like his career was coming to an end when he was placed on the rookie list by the Kangas and yet he ended up with a 3 yr contract.

Majak got rookied for an off field incident that was nearly a decade old at the time. Young Gach seemed to be delisted for off field and on field incidents that were happening every week. There's not a lot of similarities.

Makes you wonder whether the teams need a few more long term rookie positions.

This guy is a short term ...No.... but if you could warehouse him and give him one or two years in a controlled system ..... I would be interested

Hope he gets a role at a VFL club.

Without wishing to sound racist or patronising perhaps a few '"refugee rookie positions" could be an idea. We seem to have rookies in a lot of other categories.

• 1 month later...

Hard to get an Uber out at Casey anyway. Presumably much closer to home so he can probably train and get picked up from Cranny station.

In all seriousness it's good to see he's getting a 2nd chance close to the elite system. If he can turn around the off field stuff he could come good on field. You'd think he'd probably start back in the Casey 2's and have to work his way up which would probably be good for him. Clubs without VFL reserves must really struggle to develop young rucks

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Hard to get an Uber out at Casey anyway. Presumably much closer to home so he can probably train and get picked up from Cranny station.

In all seriousness it's good to see he's getting a 2nd chance close to the elite system. If he can turn around the off field stuff he could come good on field. You'd think he'd probably start back in the Casey 2's and have to work his way up which would probably be good for him. Clubs without VFL reserves must really struggle to develop young rucks

I think he would be relying on injuries 'Dee'....with Max, Spencer, King & Flip ahead of him for a start.

4 minutes ago, rjay said:

I think he would be relying on injuries 'Dee'....with Max, Spencer, King & Flip ahead of him for a start.

Yep but big Oscar McInerny made his way up due to form and injuries late in the year. By all reports from his draft days Gach has a stack of talent and he's had the year in an AFL system so he could end up ahead of the young guys on our list. Flippers is pretty raw and King is coming of an ACL injury. Just establishing themselves at VFL senior level and backing up Spencer would be a good start for those 2 this year.

• Like 2