WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB – JAKE MELKSHAM

Theo

When I read that Melksham knocked back a 2 year deal at Essendon, I thought he's insane. When I read that we have offered him a 4 year deal, I knew we're incompetent. Ranks with Pederen's 3 year deal for stupidity.

Interesting comparison - while he is no world beater, Pedersen has been very handy for us in plenty of games. Dean Terlich's contract is a far better comparison. Or Matt Jones' for that matter.

• Like 5

Interesting comparison - while he is no world beater, Pedersen has been very handy for us in plenty of games. Dean Terlich's contract is a far better comparison. Or Matt Jones' for that matter.

This.

Pedo has been handy for us. Hope he stays on next year.

• Like 2

Pedersen was a very good foil for Hogan earlier in the year and whilst he is limited, does the best with what he has. Strong pair of hands and runs his heart out.

Better option than Dawes and anything else we have at the moment IMO.

• Like 3

This.

Pedo has been handy for us. Hope he stays on next year.

Handy for last two years.

Was putrid in his first year, almost had contract torn up, instead he was told to pull his finger out or he would never see the third year of the contract, which to his credit, he did

Unless I am blind I can't see anything in this link saying Melbourne is interested in Melksham?

"AFL.com.au revealed on Tuesday that Essendon has offered Jake Melksham a new two-year deal, but the 24-year-old is weighing up his future amid interest from clubs including St Kilda and Carlton."

• Like 3

I look forward to Melksham make a few people on here eat humble pie. I am sure that Goodwin can spot talent better than any of us Demonlanders!

I use to have this view too. Unfortunately I've seen this club stuff up so many times that I have learnt to trust my own instincts and opinions.

Do you think the club got it right offering Terlich a long contract? We will have to either pay it out or have him taking up a spot on the list next year.

Do you think Roo's got the weekly team selection right each time this year?

People make mistakes all the time. Roo's and Goodwin arn't exempt from this.

If you think Melksham will be a good pickup then let your opinion be known. But I will stand by mine.

• Like 2

Unless I am blind I can't see anything in this link saying Melbourne is interested in Melksham?

"AFL.com.au revealed on Tuesday that Essendon has offered Jake Melksham a new two-year deal, but the 24-year-old is weighing up his future amid interest from clubs including St Kilda and Carlton."

The article has been edited, it did say that Melbourne had put forward a four year deal to him.

I guess that's what happens when your source is BigFooty.

It has been edited out! It was there earlier today!

• Like 1

What a great night!

The Hawks get smashed.

Frawley plays a putrid game.

Viney, McDonald & Hogan make top 5 in our B&F

And most important, the article referencing us to the Melksham trade has been amended to another club!

• Like 5

What a great night!

The Hawks get smashed.

Frawley plays a putrid game.

Viney, McDonald & Hogan make top 5 in our B&F

And most important, the article referencing us to the Melksham trade has been amended to another club!

What makes it even better is that Carlton is one of those clubs now "interested".
  • Like 6

I generally don't claim to know much, but one thing I do know, and will go on the record as saying, is that Melksham is not a shadow of a footballer and I'll loose my [censored] if we trade him in.

Can't see where it mentions us offering him 4 years in the above link. I don't want anyone from Essendon especially Melksham who is a bland type of footballer.

Can't see where it mentions us offering him 4 years in the above link. I don't want anyone from Essendon especially Melksham who is a bland type of footballer.

I kid you not this article, as others have stated, originally stated that we had a 4 year contact in front of him! Hell I don't even mind if you think I made this all up, I'm just relieved that its not happening (most likely). Check Bigfooty, people going bananas about it there and people on bomberblitz having a laugh at our previously perceived stupidity.

I kid you not this article, as others have stated, originally stated that we had a 4 year contact in front of him! Hell I don't even mind if you think I made this all up, I'm just relieved that its not happening (most likely). Check Bigfooty, people going bananas about it there and people on bomberblitz having a laugh at our previously perceived stupidity.

You didn't make it up - I saw it too

Flabbergasted

I actually would rather have Cale Morton back

• Like 1