GAME DAY - Round 15

I am putting my self in the nervous group too. This game will say a lot about us as it will of them. Do we have the capacity to taste blood and go for the kill? Given all the background dynamics of the past few weeks, our form and the benchmark set by St Kilda I expect a big win. But history says we are unpredictable when we are expected to win well and it's hard to shake off the fear we may be embarrassed.

This game reminds me of the game where they beat us by over 20 goals in 2013 and Schwab got the sack straight after. Only this time it appears the precursors are fully reversed.

Edited by america de cali

It appears to be moving in more of a southerly direction. Might be lucky and miss the heaviest falls.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR022.loop.shtml#skip

Yep heading South East. The heaviest rain should hit Geelong and Mornington peninsula.

I've decided not to be nervous.

I'm now confident. We are a different team, if we are to improve we need to get used to being favourites and embrace it. Easy win coming up and hird to get the sack on Tuesday.

If we aren't hungry enough to win a gimme like this after 10 years of shite then I give up

agreed

This is what Roos and Goodwin are paid good $$$ to do.

I despise Essendon, my step son an otherwise clever lad is amongst those that can't see what the fuss is about. Not looking forward to the weather but am for the game. Will rug up and enjoy the day. Go Dees...tear them one. Deliver the coup de gras a la Hird. Put this club to the sword...inflict pain. May the ghosts of 2000 swarm to wreak vengeance upon the unworthy...in other words make merry hell Melbourne...it is after all our domain.

Rise Demons......slaughter them

• Like 6

I'm stuck in West Papua thanks to that shitty volcano in East Java.

Thankfully, Australia Plus is telecasting the game. I'll watch it the game on a 32" screen all in low definition analogue.

What a shame the weather is going to potentially even the contest up. I'm looking for a big win.

I am stuck in Noosa! Not sure whether to watch the game on Fox or go frolicking on the beach?

• Like 1

Never heard of Browne, Edwards, Ashby, Obrien, Steinberg.

The closest thing we have to a passenger in this game is Dawes but apparently he's playing a role. The stage is set for him to impose himself. If nothing I want to see him lay some of those bone crunching tackle.

• Like 1

I am stuck in Noosa! Not sure whether to watch the game on Fox or go frolicking on the beach?

stuck in Noosa :rolleyes: ...Stuck !!!! Hmmmm .....does not compute :) Edited by beelzebub
  • Like 1

If there's a few white pointers around I'd probably opt for the beach, Earl.

• Like 1

Time for some baby bombers to get their nappies changed !!!! Coz they're gunna SHlT themselves as the day unfolds

Go Dees

• Like 1

dunno about this weather , am in warrnambool , no rain , no wind , its cold and overcast but dosent look like raining ???????

Hot chocolate!!!!!! What sort of a sheila's drink is that?

not that there is anything wrong with that

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

CLEAN HANDS by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons headed into town and up Sydney Road to take on the lowly Coburg Lions who have been perennial VFL easy beats and sitting on one win for the season. Last year, Casey beat them in a practice match when resting their AFL listed players. That’s how bad they were. Nobody respected them on Saturday and clearly not the Demons who came to the game with 22 players (ten MFC), but whether they came out to play is another matter because for the most part, their intensity was lacking an

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

ALAS SPRINGS by Whispering Jack

I got the word on Saturday from someone who knows someone inside the Fremantle camp that the Dockers were pumped and supremely confident about getting the W the next day against Melbourne at TIO Traeger Park in the red heart of the country. I was informed that the Dockers were extremely confident for a number of reasons. They had beaten the Demons on their home territory at the MCG at their last two meetings so they didn’t see beating them at Alice Springs as a problem. They belie

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

PREGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

The Demons head back to Melbourne after an embarrassing loss to the Dockers to take on the Magpies at the MCG on Kings Birthday. With a calf injury to Lachie Hunter and Jacob van Rooyen possibly returning from injury who comes in and who goes out?  

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 139

PODCAST: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 3rd June @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Demons embarrasing loss to Fremantle in Alice Springs. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE: ht

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 44

VOTES: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney make up the Top 5. Your votes for the embarrassing loss against the Dockers. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 33

POSTGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

The Demons were blown out of the water and were absolutely embarrassing against the Fremantle Dockers in Alice Springs ultimately going down by 92 points and getting bundled out of the Top 8 for the first time since 2020.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 563

GAMEDAY: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

It's Game Day and the Demons and the Dockers meet on halfway on neutral territory in the heart of the country in Alice Springs and the Dees need to win to hold onto a place in the Top 4.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 772

TROUBLE by The Oracle

Situated roughly in Australia's geographic centre, Alice Springs has for many years been a troubled town suffering from intermittent crime waves, particularly among its younger residents. There was a time a little while ago when things were so bad that some even doubted the annual AFL game in the town would proceed.  Now, the hope is that this Sunday’s Melbourne vs Fremantle encounter will bring joy to the residents of the town and that through the sport and the example of the participants,

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

Welcome to Demonland: Luker Kentfield

With the Melbourne Football Club's first pick in the 2024 AFL Mid-Season Draft and pick number 11 overall the Demon's selected Western Australian key forward Luker Kentfield from Subiaco.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 245
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!