Phil Walsh found dead overnight

Gorgoroth

Possibly, but can the players focus on footy, especially Adelaide players? Let's remember that Walsh worked at a lot of AFL clubs, so this is devastating for so many players and coaches.

If the players want to go ahead, does winning or losing this weekend really matter?

Too tragic. How do any players, AFL wide, play this weekend after that? This is going to hit very hard, and well it may. Perspective can be very sudden.

• Like 1

Afl should cancel the crows cats game immediately . Give them 2 points each . Crows shouldn't have to think about footy at this time .

Afl should cancel the crows cats game immediately . Give them 2 points each . Crows shouldn't have to think about footy at this time .

That may well be the case.

I highly doubt they would cancel the round. Too hard.

TBH, I would not be surprised to see Adelaide play this weekend as they would believe Walshy would have wanted them too.

• Like 2

How is that fair for Geelong?

Game played at another time will be the result IMO

How is that fair for Geelong?

Game played at another time will be the result IMO

I'm sure the cats will understand , maybe their is a better idea with rescheduling or points awarded but the Afl should act immediately so the crows can concentrate on the situation at hand .

What a terrible tragedy. Absolutely unimaginable.

I think they should postpone the rest of the round and play the remaining eight games after round 24, pushing the finals back a week. As others have noted, there are many people all through the industry who are going to be in shock and grieving, not just the Crows. Almost every team would have somebody who'd find it hard (or impossible) to go out and play.

That solution would be harsh on teams (like us) who have already travelled interstate, and it would give Sydney a leg up by giving them a bye just before the finals (and Port too, if they manage to make it in), but those are things we should just suck up and live with. Strict ideas of 'Fairness' come second at a time like this.

What a terrible tragedy. Absolutely unimaginable.

I think they should postpone the rest of the round and play the remaining eight games after round 24, pushing the finals back a week. As others have noted, there are many people all through the industry who are going to be in shock and grieving, not just the Crows. Almost every team would have somebody who'd find it hard (or impossible) to go out and play.

That solution would be harsh on teams (like us) who have already travelled interstate, and it would give Sydney a leg up by giving them a bye just before the finals (and Port too, if they manage to make it in), but those are things we should just suck up and live with. Strict ideas of 'Fairness' come second at a time like this.

I doubt they will be able to push the finals and grand final back. There's too much pre-planning and scheduling. They will more likely cancel the round.

The shock of this on those close to the man will have a big effect physically and emotionally . It's probably unfair to trot the players out 3 days after his passing . Anyways there are qualified people in this area that will have a say at the afl and clubland I'm sure .

Edited by CityDee

The shock of this on those close to the man will have a big effect physically and emotionally . It's probably unfair to trot the players out 3 days after his passing . Anyways there are qualified people in this area that will have a say at the afl and clubland I'm sure .

I'm not so sure. It might be quite cathartic for them. Footballers, like everyone else, will cope with emotional distress differently, but I would have thought doing what you're best at might be the best way of coping with the insurmountable grief which must be present.

As you say, there are qualified people in this area who's advice should be sought and acted upon.

Absolutely tragic news. I only just woke up to read the text on my phone and didn't actually believe it was true. I laid in bed for about 10 minutes in a state of sadness and shock. Absolutely tragic and senseless loss, a horrible situation for everyone in his family and at his club.

Not sure what the AFL is waiting for though. The Sunday game needs to be cancelled immediately.

I doubt they will be able to push the finals and grand final back. There's too much pre-planning and scheduling. They will more likely cancel the round.

The round has already completed one game, You can't cancel the round.

They can't shift the grand final or the finals series. the logistics are incalculable.

They will more than likely postpone the game between the Crows and the Cats or the cats/crows may magnanimously accept 2 pts each instead of playing and stage a send off for Phil.