What is going on at the Suns?

Ted Lasso

Prestia out for the year now too? Seriously did rocket kill a puppy in a previous life or something?

I said it earlier in the year but he may not see out the year, much like Malcom Blight at the Saints. Different circumstances but, at the minute, the switch from McKenna to Eade has been disastrous. I'll admit that injuries haven't helped but they have played pretty poor football regardless.

• Like 1

whats going on at the suns ??? WGAF !!!

Barnie I think the interest is that if Gold Coast stay bad, players may want to return to Victoria. Maybe we could snare a disgruntled star.

• Like 1

Prestia out for the year now too? Seriously did rocket kill a puppy in a previous life or something?

Will be a Demon at end of season, straight swap for our top 10 pick

• Like 3

Barnie I think the interest is that if Gold Coast stay bad, players may want to return to Victoria. Maybe we could snare a disgruntled star.

Best way to be attractive to potential A graders is to win more games. The top young guns want money and success, but imo success is paramount. Get 6-8 wins and we will look very tempting to a guy like Prestia, particularly if we throw a big contract in his direction.

• Like 2

IGAF, for two reasons.

Obviously the first is Melbourne's interest in grabbing some want-away talent.

The second is, it really is a problem for all of us if AFL in Queensland is a total basketcase.

The extra money needed to keep boosting profile and attendance by any means necessary is not an efficient way to empty the collective budget.

On the other hand, now that the Gold Coast is actually suffering a bit and they've failed to simply become the draft-loaded steamroller we all feared, it is a little bit easier to accept them as part of the AFL community. They've got a bit of [censored] on them now, like the rest of us.

• Like 3

Both times Eade has coached a club (Sydney, Footscray) he has taken over a list with a bit of experience and potential, as a result he has been able to use tactics to get them firing almost immediately. But as his tenure at both progressed, opposition coaches have worked him out and his wins have fallen away. Now he has taken over a list with not a lot of experience, and only youthful potential, plus the oppositions already know how he coaches. In other words, he's jumped straight to his wins-have-fallen-away stage. He is cooked. Hope they pay him well.

Tactics and sexy maneuvers only get you so far. AFL footy is all about grunt, size, power & pressure. Fortunately Roos know that.

What's wrong with Suns? Simple, they are on a massive downer after the snowman left the building :)

• Like 2

There is two things wrong at GCS and neither of them have anything to do with the coach IMO.

The big one is no Ablett that is a loss of 30 possessions out of the midfield every week and no soft frees that he gets every week.

The other is injuries they have had lots.

We know what a poor midfield and injuries does to your results

Edited by old dee
  • Like 4

Thanks - seeing that link made me think he had extended his contract. :wacko:

He will be fit and firing come preseason that's all that matters.

God knows what going on down there - you'd think Even Neeldy could develop that team.

Thanks - seeing that link made me think he had extended his contract. :wacko:

He will be fit and firing come preseason that's all that matters.

God knows what going on down there - you'd think Even Neeldy could develop that team.

Careful you will a lot of damage to your reputation with that one.

• Like 1

The other is injuries they have had lots.

We know what a poor midfield and injuries does to your results

That's no excuse <insert hairy-chested remarks here>.... oh wait, we aren't talking about the Demons.

(I think you have summed it up well OD),

Both times Eade has coached a club (Sydney, Footscray) he has taken over a list with a bit of experience and potential, as a result he has been able to use tactics to get them firing almost immediately. But as his tenure at both progressed, opposition coaches have worked him out and his wins have fallen away. Now he has taken over a list with not a lot of experience, and only youthful potential, plus the oppositions already know how he coaches. In other words, he's jumped straight to his wins-have-fallen-away stage. He is cooked. Hope they pay him well.

Tactics and sexy maneuvers only get you so far. AFL footy is all about grunt, size, power & pressure. Fortunately Roos know that.

He took a pretty young group over at the Dogs, rose as close to the top as most coaches get then left after 1 bad year when they got old. Sydney was more up and down but he made a grand final then left a team that won a flag not too long after. I think you're been unfair. At the Dogs he had a team of elite flankers that were missing 1 really strong midfielder and a tall at either end. That's how the list was set up and you can't always have everything. I'm sure wanted the rest of the team to be perfect but he couldn't get it.

Eventually at the Suns he'll get Lynch and Dixon (if they hold on to him) up forward and O'Meara, Swallow, Prestia in the middle and they'll have grunt.

Any time they lose by under 10 goals with Ablett, Swallow, O'Meara, Martin, 2 key defenders and now Prestia out it's a good result. Plus they have Saad, Lynch and Leslie facing fitness tests.

Imagine Melbourne without Jones, Viney, Tyson, Garlett, McDonald, Dunn and Vince and several more depth player out. You couldn't judge us on that.

They will be 1 and 10 a the bye after they play the lovely Syd/Haw/Freo trifecta. It's a complete write off of the first half of the year. But they can focus on the second half and win a few games and bounce back heavily next year.

• Like 2

Torn Meniscus

Thanks

And that has him out for the season??

I guess every injury is different, and particularly times and management change dramatically, but some come back in weeks: as I understand this injury ended Coleman's career.