Changes v Port Adelaide

gOLLy

General comment:

As our 8 injured players come back in unfortunately it will be the 'depth' players that will be dropped.

The best 25 need to play together as much as possible to build the synergy all good teams have.

There is a bigger picture happening here and the team will be selected accordingly.

This doesn't help the 'depth' players who will only get cameo games when needed to cover injuries or to rotate young players.

But there is plenty of room in the best 25 for the likes of Spencer, Fitzy and [Pedersen] for a few years yet.

Ins this week:

Jetta has a good chance of being selected as he has been able to do full 'non contact' training.

Viney less so as his leg injury stopped him from weight bearing training. Sub maybe.

Roos said in his presser Tyson and Dawes are unlikely inclusions next week.

Outs this week: M Jones then probably Bail not because of performance.

Or whoever has the most niggles as Roos has said he wants the freshest, fittest team.

We will need the freshest and fittest as its forecast to be 29 temp, is a day game, maybe showers, with high humidity.

Energy sapping stuff.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1

Is it just me or should Viney return via Casey for just the one game?

I want fully fit players that can run out the game from start to finish.

Agree, he hasn't played for 6 weeks, wouldn't have been able to run much in that time, give him a run at Casey get him ready for Queens Birthday.

No change this week, make sure Tyson if fully fit

Agree, he hasn't played for 6 weeks, wouldn't have been able to run much in that time, give him a run at Casey get him ready for Queens Birthday.

No change this week, make sure Tyson if fully fit

TDI made a comment in the training thread that Viney and Jetta were being pounded on the track with a view to being brought straight back in. Take it with the usual grain of whatever, but I thought it was an interesting comment.

We made that mistake after the Gold Coast game.

Yeah....with Dawes. Different kettle of fish. He's a roll of the dice at the best of times

If any of those three players are fit, they don't need to come back through the seconds. If there is a question mark over Tyson then Riley keeps his spot. If he's deemed ready then he's in and someone makes way. I'm confused as to how that is even up for debate. Is Dom Tyson suddenly no longer best 22 because we beat the Bulldogs?

• Like 2

If Viney is coming back from injury this week, rather than have him play a game at Casey, I would love to see him played as the sub. Use Riley in the first half to soften up the likes of Wines and then sub him with Viney to continue a sustained assault in the second half of the game.

• Like 2

Tyson carried that injury since half way through the Freo game when he lined up at full forward with a lot of strapping on his knee. Very surprised and a little disappointed they picked him for the following two weeks when he really struggled. I'm hoping they treat his return as conservatively as they have done so with Jetta. We need him able to run freely again.

I suggest any one wanting to drop Bail for a poor performance yesterday watch the 3rd quarter again. There were at least two contests which he won when the odds were well against him, one of which resulted in Hogans goal. The lack of run from the Bulldogs half back line was also a lot to do with him and Matt Jones. Role players playing their role is what Roos demands.

Viney and Jetta have been out for several weeks, so there definitely is a tough call to be made on their pathway back.

• Like 2

Tyson carried that injury since half way through the Freo game when he lined up at full forward with a lot of strapping on his knee. Very surprised and a little disappointed they picked him for the following two weeks when he really struggled. I'm hoping they treat his return as conservatively as they have done so with Jetta. We need him able to run freely again.

I suggest any one wanting to drop Bail for a poor performance yesterday watch the 3rd quarter again. There were at least two contests which he won when the odds were well against him, one of which resulted in Hogans goal. The lack of run from the Bulldogs half back line was also a lot to do with him and Matt Jones. Role players playing their role is what Roos demands.

Viney and Jetta have been out for several weeks, so there definitely is a tough call to be made on their pathway back.

And no Casey game next weekend

In - Viney

Out - M.Jones (concussion)

Gut says that Jetta will be given another week and Tyson wont be bought back til his knee is 100% or close to and that wont be this week.

B - J.Grimes - L.Dunn - J.Fitzpatrick

HB - H..Lumumba - T.McDonald - C.Garland

C - A.Brayshaw - A.VandenBerg - B.Vince

HF - .J.Howe - C.Pedersen - J..Watts

F - J.Garlett - J.Hogan - B.Newton

R - J.Spencer - N.Jones - J.VIney

Bench - J,Toumpas - D.Cross - R.Bail

Sub - A.Riley

• Like 1

OUT M. Jones, Bail, Riley, Howe

IN: Viney, Jetta, Tyson, Dawes

Obviously you want a bite because you cannot be serious.

Why change a team that wins by 39 points i.e. 6 goals and 3 behinds

Viney no game for weeks after a leg injury

Jetta out for three with concussion

Tyson has a knee problem that I believe requires more than one week

Dawes you mean old iron hands enough said but what makes you think he is over a calf injury that has plagued him in the past?

Edited by old dee
  • Like 3

In - Viney

Out - M.Jones (concussion)

Gut says that Jetta will be given another week and Tyson wont be bought back til his knee is 100% or close to and that wont be this week.

B - J.Grimes - L.Dunn - J.Fitzpatrick

HB - H..Lumumba - T.McDonald - C.Garland

C - A.Brayshaw - A.VandenBerg - B.Vince

HF - .J.Howe - C.Pedersen - J..Watts

F - J.Garlett - J.Hogan - B.Newton

R - J.Spencer - N.Jones - J.VIney

Bench - J,Toumpas - D.Cross - R.Bail

Sub - A.Riley

I think that's a good side... but I would have Riley start and Viney as the sub... bring him on for the second half when he will be absolutely champing at the bit. As I said earlier, Riley can soften their midfield up and Viney can finish them in the second half.

• Like 2

I think that's a good side... but I would have Riley start and Viney as the sub... bring him on for the second half when he will be absolutely champing at the bit. As I said earlier, Riley can soften their midfield up and Viney can finish them in the second half.

Hardtack there was a kid yesterday called Brayshaw who did exactly that in the last.

Much praise has been heaped on some players in the last and rightly so but IMO it was Brayshaw that was the trump player in the last quarter.

IMO he tore the Dogs to shreds.

• Like 3

OUT M. Jones, Bail, Riley, Howe

IN: Viney, Jetta, Tyson, Dawes

Tyson still injured

Why oh why would you include planks for hands

• Like 1

I don't care how well some of them played this weekend - if fit and ready Viney and Jetta are automatic selections. M. Jones, Bail and Riley may have played their roles well, but they aren't the future. We are a better side with those two boys and, unfortunately, someone has to make way. It happens all the time with the better sides and it has to happen here.

I'd give Tyson another week and I find it hard to see where Dawes fits into the side. Should be another interesting selection week.

• Like 2

Having both Bail and M Jones in the side is a problem.

Ideally I'd have Viney replace one of them.

I'd rest Tyson for another week. Grimes has taken Jetta's spot so not sure if there is room for him.

Viney for M Jones/Bail the only change for next week

Having both Bail and M Jones in the side is a problem.

Ideally I'd have Viney replace one of them.

I'd rest Tyson for another week. Grimes has taken Jetta's spot so not sure if there is room for him.

Viney for M Jones/Bail the only change for next week

Jetta plays when he chooses. Best lock down defender by a street.

• Like 3

Absolutely no room for Dawes next week I don't think.

With the humidity up in Darwin, good ol' butter hands will have no chance of taking a mark.

I appreciate what Dawes brings to our club, I appreciate more Pederson kicking 3 goals and taking half a dozen marks.

• Like 4

I don't care how well some of them played this weekend - if fit and ready Viney and Jetta are automatic selections. M. Jones, Bail and Riley may have played their roles well, but they aren't the future. We are a better side with those two boys and, unfortunately, someone has to make way. It happens all the time with the better sides and it has to happen here.

I'd give Tyson another week and I find it hard to see where Dawes fits into the side. Should be another interesting selection week.

you, me and about 30 000 others Wiseblood

• Like 3

Absolutely no room for Dawes next week I don't think.

With the humidity up in Darwin, good ol' butter hands will have no chance of taking a mark.

I appreciate what Dawes brings to our club, I appreciate more [Pedersen] kicking 3 goals and taking half a dozen marks.

It is in Alice Springs Jaded!

• Like 2

Rest Brayshaw after he took the game by the scrotum last night

I don't think so. Let him tear up the Port Mids

Could be good against Wines

A real opponent

Edited by Sir Why You Little
  • Like 1