• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Post Match Discussion, Pontification and Prayer

Demonland

The concern is the number of players that have gone backwards.

Dunne

Vince

Tyson

Jones

Howe

Jamar

You've gotta remember who we've played this year. But, Jamar is finished. Wouldn't play him again. Trade Howe. Jones and Tyson need to get fit. Dunn needs to lift. He's been ordinary. And we need more from Bernie.

How much did the kids of GWS lose to Hawthorn by last week?

Any team with Bail, M.Jones, Spencer, Grimes, Michie, Toumpas etc is going to struggle. And that doesn't even factor in first year players like Stretch and Brayshaw.

The side looked horrible on paper this week, and played even worse.

Is that Roos' biggest loss? Absolutely would destroying...again.

Roos should do the right thing and resign, no reason to hang in for another 30 games, he has quit albeit end 0f 2016, and so have the players, Hoo Roo Roos, and take all your old men with you, Cross, Labumba, Vince, Spudda Doors, Jamar, oh and take a ;look at the Hawks coaches box on the way out. Clarkson, Neats, Ooze Brucey, Ratten, and the other bloke, what a joke.

• Like 1

Let's also remember this Hawthorn team did not have Hodge, Lewis, Lake and couple of others...

Yes but that is still less damaged than us, and they don't feel it anywhere near as badly because they actually have some depth to come in. Including Salem, Watts and Jamar we were fielding up to our 33rd best player today, obviously we are going to battle against a club who is looking at a three-peat premiership

• Like 1

Roos should do the right thing and resign, no reason to hang in for another 30 games, he has quit albeit end 0f 2016, and so have the players, Hoo Roo Roos, and take all your old men with you, Cross, Labumba, Vince, Spudda Doors, Jamar, oh and take a ;look at the Hawks coaches box on the way out. Clarkson, Neats, Ooze Brucey, Ratten, and the other bloke, what a joke.

i think what's more of a joke is your spelling of Neitz.

• Like 1

Not unexpected. Hoped it wouldn't be this bad but with 8 or so players out we were always going to struggle as our depth stinks.

The new fellas have hit a well which is not surprising. Brayshaw, Vandenberg and Stretch had no impact on the game.

Dawes were bloody awful and, if Hogan is right next week, should be in line to miss out. Pedersen has his short comings but he moves better, clunks more marks and, believe it or not, hits the scoreboard more. That's an indictment on Dawes.

I'm hoping many on here don't go for the usual, over the top statements, but come the end of the year there are 10-12 players who should never, ever play for us again. They'll still get games this year while we get over the injuries, but once this season comes to a close they should be cast off from the list and never looked at again.

• Like 4

Yes but that is still less damaged than us, and they don't feel it anywhere near as badly because they actually have some depth to come in. Including Salem, Watts and Jamar we were fielding up to our 33rd best player today, obviously we are going to battle against a club who is looking at a three-peat premiership

You can only polish the turd so much Curry!

• Like 3

No wonder a former MFC player recently told me that when he changed clubs late in his career (this was before we hit our complete rock bottom) that his new team-mates ridiculed him that they don't count games or goals in matches played for or against the MFC in career totals because the MFC play with no heart and don't make you earn it.

It shows in the utter contempt other teams players treat us on the field. The Hawks today were just toying with us the whole game and won by triple figures without raising a sweat.

Even the kids from GWS treat us with contempt!

Where is the players pride? Makes me sick.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 3

The concern is the number of players that have gone backwards.

Dunne

Vince

Tyson

Jones

Howe

Jamar

Watts

I'll go against the grain in saying that actually I feel Jones has improved. He's managing to get disposals in/out where he wouldn't have in the past. His problem is he's our only really decent mid, he often has to do too much, and he's the Melbourne player who'll always be heavily tagged.

For me Vince has been OK, Tyson looked a bit better today, but wouldn't disagree on the others. Jamar understandable, he's getting to the end, but Howe especially ... hard to know what's going on there, he just looks out of place and disinterested. The fluffed intercept where he let the ball float through at markable height ... painful to watch.

10 plus blokes with under 30 games experience vs last years premiers

It's not a huge surprise really

Of course the result is not a surprise, What is a surprise is how [censored] soft and pathetic we are. We don't tackle we don't chase we can't hit targets we can't even man up.

• Like 1

hear hear, I posted this on the game day thread and was howled down by a couple of posters, but honestly, the bloke's a glorified caretaker coach and has clearly lost the dressing room.

My first child was born yesterday, he will be 4th generation Melbourne Demons. It is in his genes. My father in law is wanting to sign him up to essendon, yet I stood my ground. Then the demons go out and get smashed to pieces. Maybe I break this curse and let him follow who he wants. At least he will see a flag, my father and I haven't!

Sick to death of being the joke of the competition. How many first round picks does it take?

• Like 1

Of course the result is not a surprise, What is a surprise is how [censored] soft and pathetic we are. We don't tackle we don't chase we can't hit targets we can't even man up.

Correct Junior. None of us would have pencilled this game in. It's just that we were so bloody soft!

Sorry mate, but disagree. Our issues have nothing whatsoever to do with talent. Our skills look shocking because our players are lazy, do everything at less than 100% intensity and in a generally insipid fashion and hence are always under pressure. Opposition sides look great against us because they benefit from that laziness and lack of intensity when they get the ball.

We even manage to get out tackled every week even though we are chasing tail most of the time.

Give us the first 10 picks in each of the next 3 drafts and we will still never be competitive because MFC people think it will just happen and there is no need for sacrifices along the way.

No wonder a former MFC player recently told me that when he changed clubs late in his career (this was before we hit our complete rock bottom) that his new team-mates ridiculed him that they don't count games or goals in matches played for or against the MFC in career totals because the MFC play with no heart and don't make you earn it.

I think Hogan and Bradshaw are different breeds, hopefully Petracca as well. It's easy to target our recruiting, but the simple truth is that we sold the farm (our heart and soul) for a handful of magic beans when we tanked (or the devil at the crossroads if that analogy works better for you). Karma's a [censored], we need to suck it up and move forward. Draft concessions are completely irrelevant until we stand up as a football club and that also includes lightweight supporters who happily clapped Jordan McMahon's shot on goal, but slag off our players a couple of seasons later when all our dreams have turned to dust. Stay true and support the team.

Edited by grazman
  • Like 4

Once again, we were sold another lie.

We all bought it, thought Roos would shore up the defence last year, get the balance better this year and move forward next year.

Lies, lies, lies.

We are still shite, have f!og players prancing around the MCG without a care in the world.

We do not have players who make gut busting efforts, not once or twice or even three times, but for the game.

We do not have players who lead, we have not one who grab the others around them and drag them to a better standard. Not. One!

We do not have players whose desire it is to do the hard things, the selfless things. Blocks, tackles, physically hit players body to body.

We would prefer to ask for a one meter handball rather than call the player past and shepherd the chasing player.

We do not have players who break lines and hit targets, some break lines, some hit targets, none do both consistently.

We do not have mongrel. The desire to smash in and get the ball and if the chance is there, hurt the opposition (legally)

We happily give up if blocked or the ball moves a little bit too far away.

We don't stand up and we let opponents dictate how the game goes.

• Like 4

Big mistake of Roos to disclose that Watts asked to be dropped!

Roos exposed him further - that's all commentators are talking about.

They are putting a terrible spin on it.

Jack is in for another beating in the media and he didn't even play

Can't make sense of a few of Roos decisions in the past week

• Like 2

hear hear, I posted this on the game day thread and was howled down by a couple of posters, but honestly, the bloke's a glorified caretaker coach and has clearly lost the dressing room.

I absolutely HATE a post like this. You know why?

How long are we going to simply blame the coach. At the end of his tenure the players let Daniher down. They let Bailey down. Neeld may be the exception to the rule, but Roos losing them? Give me a break. These players too often pick and choose when they are going to show up and when they don't it's the coaches fault. Ridiculous. Roos is one of the greatest coaches of the modern era and one who every player he has coached, respected. The players loved playing for him.

Roos isn't the problem, it's the personnel, and if you can't see that... then nobody can help you.

• Like 13

You were saying the same things after the Crows and Tigers games?

That's not a true reflection of where we are at. We gave up 20 minutes into the game, which is disgraceful, because we were scared.

We didn't play how we were supposed to and it unravelled very quickly.

Leadership is our biggest, of many, weaknesses and days like today highlight that.

Blame Dawes, Toumpas and Grimes all you like, but blokes like Tyson, Jones, Vince weren't good when it counted. We're no chance when that happens.

• Like 3

Once again, we were sold another lie.

We all bought it, thought Roos would shore up the defence last year, get the balance better this year and move forward next year.

Lies, lies, lies.

We are still shite, have f!og players prancing around the MCG without a care in the world.

We do not have players who make gut busting efforts, not once or twice or even three times, but for the game.

We do not have players who lead, we have not one who grab the others around them and drag them to a better standard. Not. One!

We do not have players whose desire it is to do the hard things, the selfless things. Blocks, tackles, physically hit players body to body.

We would prefer to ask for a one meter handball rather than call the player past and shepherd the chasing player.

We do not have players who break lines and hit targets, some break lines, some hit targets, none do both consistently.

We do not have mongrel. The desire to smash in and get the ball and if the chance is there, hurt the opposition (legally)

We happily give up if blocked or the ball moves a little bit too far away.

We don't stand up and we let opponents dictate how the game goes.

Here here

• Like 1