• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Post Match Discussion, Pontification and Prayer

Demonland

To all those blaming Jones, he was close to our best today. Which doesn't say much for the rest.

Mate go and look at the game again Jones works hard is a soldier love his attitude but he is never going to win games for us

• Like 1

It's the same things we have been banging on about for years.

Atrocious disposal, we just give the ball to the other side and in today's game that will lead to crushing defeats.

We are very slow.

The players clearly don't know what our game plan is, as they stop every time they get the ball. Good sides know what to do next, we don't.

• Like 3

And he has had two offseason periods to get rid of then

Yet they still remain

Roos has been garbage

Jeez, you're fickle, HH.

He inherited probably the worst AFL list of all time. If you think one can turn a list around in two years, you simply don't understand list building.

• Like 3

i really don't get it

We suck at the basics...we can hardly PLAY footy. I'm not talking about the polish that's non existent...I'm worried we just can't do the simple things. You can't build if you can't do these. Fed how many coaches,,,,how lacklustre a team what gives,

The basics are all about intent and desire. I don't care if they stuff them up I care if they dont show intent and desire. It goes to the heart of the matter.

There is something rotten in the state of denmark. Its been there for a few years and its still there. The only thing you can do is root out the perpetrators and never let them play again. The danger is we may not have a club left. There is nothing to defend of this shallow pea-hearted mob that call themselves professional footballers,

• Like 2

I'll be really interested to see if we bend over next week, then the blowtorch will truly be ignited. No more excuses, we've played the top 3 teams now.

Bend over??? are you serious ? We will Take it up the A#*e again.

• Like 1

I think we are in for another serious turnover of players at years end.

We have McCartney who I consider the best development coach in the Comp, trade some of these blokes out for whatever picks we can get and rebuild through the draft and actually develop these blokes, we have a core, but as good as cross, vince, Dawes, and co have been, they aren't in our next premiership side, they're bullet shields so our young blokes can develop

And it's really the midfield we need to improve and get games into the younger blokes that are already on board (Hogan, Salem, Tyson, Brayshaw, Stretch and Petracca).

Triple M give 'the worst player' votes:

Most Worst: 3 Howe

2nd worst 2 Dawes

1 Lumbumba

Looks right.

Shameful for all of them

Howe should be dropped. Terrible effort

• Like 5

GWS have more spirit and fabric than our 150 year old club

Makes me sick

there was time I'd have laughed at that
  • Like 3

Not unexpected. Hoped it wouldn't be this bad but with 8 or so players out we were always going to struggle as our depth stinks.

The new fellas have hit a well which is not surprising. Brayshaw, Vandenberg and Stretch had no impact on the game.

Dawes were bloody awful and, if Hogan is right next week, should be in line to miss out. Pedersen has his short comings but he moves better, clunks more marks and, believe it or not, hits the scoreboard more. That's an indictment on Dawes.

I'm hoping many on here don't go for the usual, over the top statements, but come the end of the year there are 10-12 players who should never, ever play for us again. They'll still get games this year while we get over the injuries, but once this season comes to a close they should be cast off from the list and never looked at again.

Some here have been saying that for two years wiso

Can any of you poor bastards out there who were around when Norm Smith and Barrassi were shown the door and we entered our current premiership drought let me know if the current stench of hopelessness that hovers around our club feels like it did 50 years ago? I just want to know if I'll never see a premiership in my life time.

GWS have more spirit and fabric than our 150 year old club

Makes me sick

and we didn't see that coming... the money was only one reason TS left.

• Like 1

I'll go against the grain in saying that actually I feel Jones has improved. He's managing to get disposals in/out where he wouldn't have in the past. His problem is he's our only really decent mid, he often has to do too much, and he's the Melbourne player who'll always be heavily tagged.

For me Vince has been OK, Tyson looked a bit better today, but wouldn't disagree on the others. Jamar understandable, he's getting to the end, but Howe especially ... hard to know what's going on there, he just looks out of place and disinterested. The fluffed intercept where he let the ball float through at markable height ... painful to watch.

Bing lay off the Bong

• Like 1

Something has imploded in the inner sanctum of the club!

The whole team didn't want to play today.

The writing was on the ball at the warm up before the game.

It was so lakadasical, they couldn't hit a target. They couldn't take marks, goal kicking was non existent.

Was Hogan injured or just rested?

Watts asked Roos to drop him as he was letting the club down.

Something's up!!!

Some here have been saying that for two years wiso

True. I can't deny that. I just think, this time around, we are better placed to cull the list further and make the right improvements. I didn't feel that way 2,3 or even 4 years ago. We have better coaches and better development in place.

Sadly the 'talent' of Grimes, M. Jones, Bail etc is pretty evident at training.

I wouldn't describe GWS as an intensely tough team, but I'd swap my leg for their list. Why? Because it's FULL of potential talent.

Also, I never understand why Melbourne supporters are so keen to disprove the theory that we need better draft access/Priority Picks. What if i'm wrong? We gain access to the type of talent that will make us successful, or at least give us trade value. I don't see Hawthorn or Collingwood complaining about their draft concessions from the early to mid 00's. It got them flags, and then allowed those players to move on with free agency (Franklin and Thomas). It's proof the system can work.

GWS have a group who play with pride. They want to compete and seem determined to improve.

What if our players went out and had 25 more tackles than their opponents one game? What if one week they just all ran and spread and chased their guts out till they were all exhausted? Maybe then we might get an indication of how much talent is actually on our list. Just take the whole 'effort' question out of the equation so there can be a real question about talent levels. Right now we have no idea because we make excuses for them around how hard they are expected to compete.

How many people were talking about how crap the Bulldogs and Saints talent levels were over the last few years? All of a sudden they are once again miles ahead of us. Why? Because they have loads more talent than us? No, it's because they want to compete. Essendon are also miles ahead of us despite having an ordinary list with a one paced midfield. Why? Yep, it's because as a club they are EXPECTED to compete.

• Like 1

Howe's total stats for the past 2 weeks

8 kicks

3 marks

2 tackles

Far koff

So was GWS serious in its offer, or did they know something more about what makes Jeremy tick?

Something has imploded in the inner sanctum of the club!

The whole team didn't want to play today.

The writing was on the ball at the warm up before the game.

It was so lakadasical, they couldn't hit a target. They couldn't take marks, goal kicking was non existent.

Was Hogan injured or just rested?

Watts asked Roos to drop him as he was letting the club down.

Something's up!!!

A lot of them looked sore at the first centre bounce actually.