READY FOR THE KILL - THE HAWTHORN GAME

Demonland

I'd like to retract my earlier positive post after looking at the Melbourne changes. We are going to get massacred. I probably won't attend or watch now.

Lol. I'm going but already planning on wearing my Dees Beer Goggles - they're a must for every supporter, we look brilliant when you put them on.

• Like 1

The way I look at it is as follows, Watts/Grimes/M.Jones/Bail are all but finished. JKH and Newton I believe will become good consistent players for the club long term but after Watts stuffing the "needs time rule" for everybody Roos has acted. Let's be honest even with our best 22 playing we'd still fall short. Whilst Grimes and co will be thinking they actually have something to offer the club onfield , truth be known they're just keeping the bench warm whilst players return from injury or spend a couple of games working on areas of their games in the VFL.

Watts and Grimes to be traded at years end. Then they go to a new club and prove all of the doubters wrong. Problem is finding a club dumb enough to take them.

Bail ,Jones and Grimes are looking at the end of the road.

Grimes might be the only guy re-drafted.

That is how important this game is for these guys.

They all lack polish.

Worst team for the year at least and against the best team. Worrying.

• Like 2

Posted Today, 06:50 PM

Roos knows we're going to lose to hawthorn. These players that have been brought in are on their last try out. They will be delisted or traded at year's end unless they can show something. He's giving them a last chance. Watts had to be dropped after multiple insipid performances.

What does watts have to do now that he is dropped? What are peoples thoughts on what coaching staff are asking of him in terms of a role?

Is it a running wing/flank? Is it a lead up foward? A third tall?

Watts is one of my favorites and I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts?

I'd make him study tapes of Jack Gunston.

• Like 1

Jones and Bail were bound to be called upon eventually. I don't love it but recognise what they bring to the table: run, which was pathetic last week.

Watts is the only genuine AFL grade player to make way out of the side anyway. I don't see Grimes, Jones and Bail being that enormous a downgrade on Pedersen, Newton and JKH.

• Like 5

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

We are struggling to hit a target on the ground and we bring in Bail, Jones and Grimes...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

80+ points now

Worst ins I've seen in a long time.

So happy I can't make the game now.

Yea going to be ugly, bringing in 2 guys with skill issues let alone for their first game of the year

in the 1's against one of the best pressure sides in the comp. let alone Grimes back.

Not a great looking side but hope prevails.

We are not struggling to hit a target. We are struggling to have anyone run forward of the ball to attempt to hit. I would prefer to get that right and then worry about the first part.

But the guys we've brought in struggle to hit a target. And sides like Hawthorn punish the opposition on the turn over. This spells danger. At least they're trying something though, I guess.

It is clear what the coaching staff saw as the major issue we had last week, and it's also clear that they are trying to fix it. Run, especially forward of the ball.

We lack running ability. We lacked it last week and we brought in 4 hard running players that can spread and provide an option. This has especially been the case since Kent hurt himself, as we lack a lot of pace forward of the footy. It means that we can't find easy targets forward of the ball and every goal we get has to be fought for relentlessly.

Hawthorn are a really good running team. If we take a team that provides the lacklustre run that we showed last week, then we will be smashed. Running is more important than most people think. A lot of posters only see errors, but never consider the benefits of the rest of their game because they only follow the ball.

• Like 12

But the guys we've brought in struggle to hit a target. And sides like Hawthorn punish the opposition on the turn over. This spells danger. At least they're trying something though, I guess.

You're a lot more likely to hit a target when a) you have the ball, and b) you have a viable target to hit. I think that's what these changes are all about as both were problems last week.

Why play the worst possible team we can against hawthorn? We will be beaten bad and I have no doubt it will demoralise us completely.

Bulldogs did this gainst the Hawks as well. Rested players for soreness and mystery illness. I reckon it lowers the disappointment when you get flogged because of all the "outs"

Why play the worst possible team we can against hawthorn? We will be beaten bad and I have no doubt it will demoralise us completely.

What are you talking about. The changes were fine

You do realize we are without injured players Kent, Viney, Jetta, Frost, Petracca, Trengove, JKH...

What changes would you have made this week?

• Like 1

Just got an awesome birthday present from my darling wife and parents - surprise flight to Melbourne, for a kid free weekend (and leave pass), tickets to a pregame lunch and long room pass..... So they better bloody well put up fight! In saying that I'm expecting a good old fashioned touch up the wrong way. Be good just to catch up with the old mates and a drunken visit to crown though.... Fingers are well crossed for a good showing though

• Like 4

Worst team selection in three years? You do know we have the likes of Vince, Hogan, Brayshaw, Salem, Cross and Garlett on out list now. Trust me, we've had far worse. Think of 2013...(shudder).

• Like 1

No! This is [censored]. The situation with Watt's is total foolishness. I posted last game thAT making him sub was foolish . Either drop him or give him a clear " do this or out message". I didn't go to the last game but I believe he did Ok when subbed in. Now he is dropped .. wtf ?

This is Neeld type [censored]. I think Roos has run out of ideas. Supercoach???

• Like 1