Thanks for nothing Garry Lyon

Just getting really tired of this mug.. Watched a little clip of Barret and the hairy one discussing the acts of thuggery displayed by Hodge and Lewis on the weekend, Hairy Garry said they should miss 3, "they have GWS and Melbourne coming up, so it won't hurt them too much". Now it might be true, but how about some support you ungrateful piece of crap!

Sick of it! Without the MFC you would be nothing! Poor Jimma had to just about twist your arm to help us when he was on his death bed, not to mention your unwillingness to deter from your self centred view on life, and how you only want to focus on your media career.

You are a selfish, unappreciative, spoilt snipper, and it hurts, because you used to be my hero.

GFY GARRY!!

• Like 5

I believe Garry has, time and time again, said that his career, future, interests, etc. lie in the football media, not a football club. It would be highly unprofessional and beneficial to no one if he was biased, and by your own admission, misleading in his analysis of football.

Garry was a great player.

By all accounts, was a great leader of the club.

But that was 20 odd years ago; he a commentator, analyst and editorialist now.

• Like 1

You are a selfish, unappreciative, spoilt snipper

Haha this coming from a guy who posted the following about one of our own players....

"Who was it that tipped (a while ago) that he would retire early? I'm starting to see it now; sublimely skilled, but no ticker- was always that 1 important element away from greatness, but has now proven beyond a doubt that it isn't in him and can not be developed.

No club will trade for him, and we are probably at the point now that he can not hide anymore now that the whole team has developed a hardened edge.

My tip is he will be told when his contract is up that it will not be renewed. There is no point going through the indignity of being floated around for trade for nil interest, as all the cards have been put on the table, therefore an early retirement to focus on life outside football and save face for both parties. I can smell it."

• Like 1

I think the hawks are cheats the AFL should have a send off rule, if those two players got concussion they would be out of the game, and that would benefit the hawks, too many teams have won grand finals by knocking players out, hawks are plain cheat, if there was a send off rule a few grand finals might of had different results. With all the caution with concussion a send off rule should be brought in two stop those sort acts that target the head,maybe like yellow red cards, but you can still have 18 players on the park, just that player is sub out but not replaced by the sub.

Seriously JC, take a chill pill.

Gary Lyon has been a great savant of our club and owes us nothing. It is ridiculous to blame Gary Lyon for our disappointments because he has chosen a different career path post playing than you would have liked. Gary Lyon is a loyal Melbourne man, we are lucky to have his media exposure. We would be even more irrelevant without it.

The lesson we should have learnt is don't force someone to get involved who does not want to get involved because it leads to decisions like Mark Neeld. Let it go mate and your anger over other disappointments like JW. For the record, despite a poor 3 weeks, JW is still one of my favourites and one of the first I would pick every Thursday.

• Like 7

Garry Lyon has done a lot for the MFC. He's a champion of the club. I rate him in the top 5 I've seen play for us.

But he's a media commentator now, WGAF what he says anymore than any others in the 'profession', and I use that term lightly.

• Like 1

Shut up stuie

Is he wrong? you can't seriously think they wouldn't be far more concerned about this situation if they were about to play Freo and Sydney?

Melbourne is in the process of winning some respect now, we were lucky to not be beaten by 100 plus points on the weekend though, and Hawthorn are as good or better than the dockers

• Like 2

Have a cup of tea and a lie down Jesse. Garry works in the media so he must speak the truth.

Would you prefer he say - well the hawks have got the dees and they are one of the best teams going around? He wouldn't be taken seriously.

Have a cup of tea and a lie down Jesse. Garry works in the media so he must speak the truth.

Would you prefer he say - well the hawks have got the dees and they are one of the best teams going around? He wouldn't be taken seriously.

Obviously not. does it have to be one extreme or the other? Couldn't he have just said they'll miss the next two, against the emerging teams, but it will still be a challenge for them (the emerging teams), it's just the way he Sid it, like he takes pleasure in the little digs. And he always tips against us.

You can be loyal and appear neutral in the media, it just takes a bit of charm. Look at Eddie- does it all and is always Collingwood through and through, even when they're at their worst.

I wouldn't expect stuie to understand

G Lyon was only telling the truth. No problem with that

As long as we go into the game thinking we can win it i have no problem.

G Lyon has a chronic back injury that he gave for the MFC

always a legend in my eyes.

• Like 4

Seriously JC, take a chill pill.

Gary Lyon has been a great savant of our club and owes us nothing. It is ridiculous to blame Gary Lyon for our disappointments because he has chosen a different career path post playing than you would have liked. Gary Lyon is a loyal Melbourne man, we are lucky to have his media exposure. We would be even more irrelevant without it.

The lesson we should have learnt is don't force someone to get involved who does not want to get involved because it leads to decisions like Mark Neeld. Let it go mate and your anger over other disappointments like JW. For the record, despite a poor 3 weeks, JW is still one of my favourites and one of the first I would pick every Thursday.

I would have liked him to have kept to that career path instead of stepping in as some kind of interim football manager a few years back though.

Really not fussed with what he has to say about us or much relating to footy, good player but that's about it.

• Like 1

Obviously not. does it have to be one extreme or the other? Couldn't he have just said they'll miss the next two, against the emerging teams, but it will still be a challenge for them (the emerging teams), it's just the way he Sid it, like he takes pleasure in the little digs. And he always tips against us.

You can be loyal and appear neutral in the media, it just takes a bit of charm. Look at Eddie- does it all and is always Collingwood through and through, even when they're at their worst.

I wouldn't expect stuie to understand

Yep, no-one as neutral in the media as Eddie. Far out.

possibly the biased and conflicted man in sport!

I get your frustration Jesse. It hurts to hear it. But it would be silly for him to pretend as though the absence of Lewis and Hodge will significantly hurt their chances of a win. The gap between the two sides remains fairly vast. They should still win in a canter, with or without Lewis and Hodge.

For what it's worth, one of the rare times I watched TFS in the lead up to the Richmond game, Garry was the only one who tipped us to win.

Criticise him for his choice in coaching appointments, but not for this. Everytime I've listened to him he remains realistic and hopeful in his appraisal of the MFC, which is pretty much all you can ask for.

Edited by P-man
  • Like 2

I think the hawks are cheats the AFL should have a send off rule, if those two players got concussion they would be out of the game, and that would benefit the hawks, too many teams have won grand finals by knocking players out, hawks are plain cheat, if there was a send off rule a few grand finals might of had different results. With all the caution with concussion a send off rule should be brought in two stop those sort acts that target the head,maybe like yellow red cards, but you can still have 18 players on the park, just that player is sub out but not replaced by the sub.

Perhaps you could refresh my memory. I can't think of any players knocked out in a Grand Final although I have no doubt Mark Yeates wouldn't have been disappointed if his bump on Brereton in the 1989 Grand Final had conjured that result. But that's a quarter of a century ago now.

Perhaps you could refresh my memory. I can't think of any players knocked out in a Grand Final although I have no doubt Mark Yeates wouldn't have been disappointed if his bump on Brereton in the 1989 Grand Final had conjured that result. But that's a quarter of a century ago now.

think he meant knocked out of the game, not knocked-out as in unconscious

i remember big nick being knocked out of a grand final