• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 4

Demonland

I have had time to reflect on the game and I think one of the most significant things that had an impact on the game happened lat week with the game Vince played on Danger field. A lot of our players would have looked at the way he played and decided to step it up. A number of them looked to me as if they put themselves on the line and really put in.

I will give them the benefit of the doubt over the next few weeks a back them to win couple.

Kent injured and Jetta to rest his head. Let's see who puts theirs hands up when playing with Casey.

• Like 2

So impressed with Michie. He adds so much hardness to our team and his skills are first rate. I hope he stars against his old team next week.

He was in everything and just super reliable with a touch of class. His dinky little chip kick to Vince was nice and seems to be a trademark of his game.

• Like 2

I love Tommy's run out of the backline, even if he coughs up a few. The fact is that when we move the ball quickly, we almost always score.

And we are blessed to have all three of Kent, JKH and Jeffy buzzing around down there; the first two were very good in the first half and Garlett was superb after the break, but they all bring pressure when the ball's loose and it's going to be hard to contain all three on any given day.

• Like 2

The best team win I have seen for many years.

I couldn't pick one player who didn't play his role.

They game plan Roosie and his team put in place was perfect.

It really showed up the toiges for what they are, a bunch of outside soft c&$ks.

• Like 3

The best team win I have seen for many years.

I couldn't pick one player who didn't play his role.

They game plan Roosie and his team put in place was perfect.

It really showed up the toiges for what they are, a bunch of outside soft c&$ks.

Not sure about the last line but it was a great way to spend a Friday evening for a nice change.

As they say winners are grinners.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 2

Nathan Jones is the king of the quick clever kick under pressure. I usually agree with what you say Clint and you called it after the first game that vandenBerg played, he is an absolute ripper.]

I don't want to sound like too much of a [censored] but I called it five minutes after he came on as the sub in the first NAB Challenge game.

Edited by Clint Bizkit
  • Like 2

Microwave time Richmond...

Its more than that this time WYL. Their coached must be sacked, In his sixth year and have been made to understand by the Bulldogs and now us. Their next 5 weeks is bloody tough for them. They're officially a rabble.
  • Like 2

For anyone watching the replay please tell me I'm not dreaming, the Richmond runner in fluro pink was constantly standing in the holes when we had the ball. This shouldn't be overlooked because we won, a complaint should be made as this is a grub tactic.

Did the Richmond players constantly drop as soon as any contact was made, numerous occasions their players played for the frees, disgraceful.

Edited by Al's Demons
  • Like 2

Yeah, I gave Watts some recognition in the 'current' Watts thread - as you said BM, his skills were down (and his confidence) but he did put his head over the ball a number of times. An improved effort - he still managed at times to release his teammates to advantage despite being down on his normal skill levels.

Roos isn't going to coach much differently to how he coached at Sydney. Most coaches just make minor adjustments as they get older in my opinion - what you see is what you get but with Roos it's quite complex.

We've got ourselves a very good coach - Hardwick was out of his depth tonight.

Two very good points

Watts was better and is trying. Just his confidence was down.

Roos was superb tonight.

The umpires were pretty average, but I feel like they were consistently average. Two holding the balls stood out - the one against Garland, essentially in the Tiges goal square was atrocious and there was another against Richmond (can't remember who). So at least we got that howler back.

I looked up at the stats at 3qtr time and it was 24-12 richmond's way, so I thought they were extremely inconsistent. Of course they squared it up slightly by giving us more free kicks in the last qtr. Always happens!

• Like 1

Three things

Bernie Vince has become this new super tagger maniac!

We are playing a brand of aggressive ferocious football, which I think is a combination of hunger and a realisation that theyhave the guys around them that can do the job, along with a very dangerous forward line.

The young first year players are leading the way, in Vandenberg, Brayshaw and Hogan...finally some talent that performs from day one.

• Like 2

Can't remember the last time that I was at a game and I thought our chances of winning improved after it started raining. Tough wet weather football has never been the MFC's forte, for as long as I've been watching. God I love what Roos is instilling in this team.

• Like 4

That was amazing.

I know what you're going through. Sitting in a hotel lobby in Amstetdam trying not to shout my guts out, greeting tourists, being annoyed when they come to ask questions and stop me watching this glory. Go the mighty Deeeeeees!

I'll be over there for work a couple of weeks time and will need somewhere, somehow to watch the game vs Sydney? Edited by McQueen

So, can we sneak a win from the next three?

we can pinch 2 next week at the G is right on.But keep a lid on it

Not happy with The Age today....'TOWERING TALENT' - hands off!!!

Can we sign Jesse up for another five???

I am even less happy with the Age today! The issue I got didn't have any report whatsoever on last night's game. So busy putting out yet another "Centenary of Anzac" issue to compete with their Herald-Sun rivals that they overlooked that there are a couple of footy tragics amongst their readership who still enjoy the back page.
  • Like 2

Those umpires were so bad last night, JKH had his legs taken out from under him in the goal square late in the third or last term, which the umpire completely missed and how the hell after Jones tackle which went out of bounds did it end up being a free kick against.

[censored]

• Like 1