GAME DAY, ROUND 3, 2015

Whispering_Jack

Jack Watts has nothing on the momentum killer that Lumumba free kick could have been. So lucky that ddn't cost us a goal. Great game so far. We needed to be about 4 goals further ahead at qtr time. I can't see us winning this one, but I'm happy with the effort.

PS Jeremy Howe...I don't see it.

Our defence was awesome that quarter. Some mistakes sure, but to keep them to 2 goals with all that dominance. Hats off to you Garland, McDonald, Howe, Harry and Dunn.

Agreed. That was an onslaught and overall they held up very well.

Now to see if we can actually turn up in the second half to keep this a contest.

Some of you I am sure watch the game to see negatives... Three points in it at half time and reads like we are a mile away from being competitive...

Enjoy the fact the team is having a crack and hard - not words you would typically use to describe us of late

• Like 4

Jetta must have a shealer on the side in SA.

Just plays his best when over there

If we could eradicate the stupid errors from our game (Watts dropped mark, Howe out of bounds etc etc) we would be a decent side.

They've had a real crack so far and I am impressed with the effort but they need to make sure they keep going for the full game. I think the first quarter this week and last week showed how we can really dominate a side but the style of game requires hard two-way running and I don't think our squad have the tanks for that through a full game. We also need to make sure we put the score on the board when we do dominate play.

I've been impressed so far but just hope they can keep it up, I get the feeling our players will tire and get run over in the end.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

Our defence was awesome that quarter. Some mistakes sure, but to keep them to 2 goals with all that dominance. Hats off to you Garland, McDonald, Howe, Harry and Dunn.

Jetta. He eats small forwards for breakfast.

Watts still doing the usual when the heat is on it appears. Don't expect to win too many games while playing a guy of this calibre.

Team deflator. Has had plenty of years to get this side right by now. Needs to be moved on.

Hear hear, everyone is out their cracking skulls except this bloke

• Like 1

Jack Watts has nothing on the momentum killer that Lumumba free kick could have been. So lucky that ddn't cost us a goal. Great game so far. We needed to be about 4 goals further ahead at qtr time. I can't see us winning this one, but I'm happy with the effort.

PS Jeremy Howe...I don't see it.

H really had no choice as he couldn't handball and his back was to the boundary. The third quarter will show how much we have learnt. Need to get Vanders and Tyson back into the contest and improve our ball movement between the arcs.

Still unable to capatilise on forward entries.

Dawes to Half Back to add some grunt and take on tex. Frees up McDonald to run off even more and share it with Harry Garland etc.

We bomb it in so often... Howe up forward to take some marks, keep the ball in our 50 a bit longer and ease pressure off our backline a tad.

Not taking enough marks i50 is really hurting us.

Momentum pointing Adelaide way big time. Glad we are only a few points down at half time. Turnovers are killing us, poor disposal under any pressure. Umpires should wear noise cancelling earphones or simply don an Adelaide jumper, it's so blatantly bad.

Need to stop turnovers and convert opportunities, the mo will swing back. Scoreboard pressure is the best pressure.

• Like 1

big fan of watts ,was waiting for him to grow up but his efforts today,really thats not up to standed

I like the aggression by our boys! To become great again every other team needs to hate us and hate playing us.

• Like 2

From watching on the TV here's what I'm seeing...

Foot skills kill us. Still carrying 3-4 too many without AFL level foot skills.

Sides are aware we are too slow in the midfield. Love the effort from Cross, Jones and Vince but it's one too many blokes who aren't quick. Everyone wants to take us on in the open.

Hogan will be a star. Brayshaw looks a player. Salem gives me confidence with ball in hand.

Hear hear, everyone is out their cracking skulls except this bloke

It's not just the dropped marks - there was a ground contest in the first quarter Watts had two cracks at it but didn't win the ball because he just refuses to put his body behind it. I don't know if it's fear of getting hurt or trying to overtook it by trying to make sure if he does win the footy he can get away but he needs to be shown and told you put your [censored] body behind the ball and win the ball FOR YOUR TEAM not for yourself. If it's the former and he's scared of the contact he can pack his bags.

• Like 2