Sam Newman's comments on Mitch Clark

Moneider96

Maybe? Dermot mentioned the player by name but can't remember.

He's been critical of what Clark did to us and didn't seem overly sympathetic again tonight.

Because he's protecting his beloved Hawks.

I've been critical of Adam Goodes plenty of times. Wasn't at all happy with how he handled the situation initially with the young girl. Don't like a lot of his divisive comments. But when someone attacks him purely for skin colour it's not on. The same for Clark. Say all you like but leave the depression out of it.

Bit rich for Brian Lake to attack a guy for giving up on a club as well. He gave up at the dogs and they traded him for a pick upgrade to get rid of the peanut.

Maybe? Dermot mentioned the player by name but can't remember.

He's been critical of what Clark did to us and didn't seem overly sympathetic again tonight.

The funny thing is that that piece of footage was used here in the past in praise of Clark's attitude.

• Like 4

The funny thing is that that piece of footage was used here in the past in praise of Clark's attitude.

As it should. Clark gave us a passionate, strong and bold focal point and he put his body on the line. He was the best on field leader we've had for years, maybe top 5 since 1960's.

• Like 1

Hate to disillusion all you Mitch Clark haters out there, but it is my understanding that we chose not to have Clark back as we perceived it to be too big a risk. We chose to trade him instead. Clark always protested when he was with us how much he loved the Dees and how immensely grateful he was to us for supporting him, and I think it is significant that he was seen at the "G" last Saturday at our game.

We can hardly now turn round and blame him because he pursued his career elsewhere.

Watch Roos's B & F speech and tell me it wasn't directed at Clark.

He wanted to leave Melbourne not the other way around that is obvious.

• Like 2

Newman is a tool. Attack Clark for having depression is ridiculous. Clark has declared himself fit to play, he'll cop it over the fence but he shouldn't have to cop it from players. You wouldn't sledge a player for having any other illness. I doubt anyone is laying in to the several diabetics in the AFL or Tom Lonergan who lost a kidney.

Anyone who attacks Clark on part of depression is a gutless wonder. If you want to criticise his move from Melbourne, the retirement etc then you can but have some class and leave the depression out of it.

FFS can some of you people move on. Aligning yourself with the views of Sam Newman is not a smart idea, this isn't the 1960's.

Depression is not a disease its an emotion. There's no science behind this rubbish its just marketing. To hell with Clark. Go Dees

• Like 2

Roos on Clark

Roos said the club was pleased with Mitch Clark’s return to the game, after he made his debut for Geelong against Hawthorn on Eastern Monday.

(He continues to play in a losing side)

“As soon as he decided that he couldn't play at this footy club, you look to better your own club and we were able to do that with Heritier [Lumumba joining the club], ” he said.

(Once he decided he was dumping us) ( A Win for us )

“If you’ve got some good relationships with some of the other clubs, then you’ve got win/win situations [in trade deals].

(other clubs understood ) (As far as Roo is concerned we win he loses)

“We just hope Mitch gets healthy and plays really good footy.”

(maybe in another life )

Clark left Melbourne because he wanted to win games not lose them he wanted to play in winning side

'Remember this is not about Clark's depression but about his actions and decision in coming back to play football as well as going to another club'.

We are each responsible for our own actions , Melbourne did not force Clark's into making these decisions he made them on his own accord, (as far as we all know)

Clark deserves slagging on the ground for being a tool but not because he "suffered depression" but because of how he treated those who put his best interests first ie the MFC and how he thanked them for that concern.

I will boo Clark when Melbourne plays Geelong , my kids cant stand him because to them he is a fallen hero, to them his depression has nothing to do with him playing football again its just the opposite , its his actions they call into question and for which they will hold him to account .

Clark is back on the Field playing Football, 'don't loose sight of that'!!

If Geelong loses to Freo and we defeat GWS there will be no greater Irony at this point in time as far as I believe Clark is concerned .

I just hope both scenarios come about because I can use another good laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Demon Stalwart
  • Like 2

It is up to Mitch to tell his club who the player was and what was said.

It has to go through Barrett first.

Just heard on MMM that Clark will do another well paid interview during the year with Barrett.

His first interview gave us nothing, maybe he has to give something this time.

Wait until he writes a book about it.

Depression or not he is going to make more money from depression than he did at Melbourne.

When it comes to making money the man is a genius and no doubt he and Barrett are playing with the public.

• Like 2

Selwood had no idea what was said to Clark and thought he would go on a counter-attack to mask the Motlop indescretion. Turns out he assumed that it was a depression remark that infuriated Clark when the truth was the Hawks players were getting stuck into him about his 'constant sniffing'.

That's why Clark didn't want it to be made public.

Oops.

• Like 4

One bad experience doesn't rule out an entire diagnosis.

There was (he is dead now) a psychiatrist who routinely diagnosed just about everyone with ADHD +/- bipolar disorder. He was wrong a lot. Doesn't mean either diagnosis doesn't exist.

"Show us the evidence"...you sound like an anti-vaccer.

Fair enough but it doesn't answer my main question.

Why don't they show us how they diagnose patients with ADHD\bipolar disorder\depression? Surely that would clear it up? Why do we just have to take their word for it?

I think that whatever it was that was said, it was while he was lining up for his second goal. After he kicks it and high fives his teammates, he headed straight to the edge of the square and was calling out to somebody. He then motioned talking with his hands and followed it up with what seemed a 'come here and say it' to someone in the midfield. From the midfield group at that point I would guess Jordan Lewis or Sam Mitchell.

Sam Mitchell.

It would be unlike Sam to say something.

Great player but a bit of a smart a....and also a bit too smart to let go with a base remark on depression. Would be a good one if it came from him.

It has to go through Barrett first.

Just heard on MMM that Clark will do another well paid interview during the year with Barrett.

His first interview gave us nothing, maybe he has to give something this time.

Wait until he writes a book about it.

Depression or not he is going to make more money from depression than he did at Melbourne.

When it comes to making money the man is a genius and no doubt he and Barrett are playing with the public.

Step 1. Fabricate/incite a common on-field sledge into some kind of controversy, by craftily omitting the contents of said-sledge and wait for others to draw their own conclusions (to this hour Barrett has not once said the sledge was specifically about Clark's mental illness -- this is the conclusion everyone else has reached)

Step 2. After media interest hits its peak following aforementioned media beat-up, arrange exclusive interview with aforementioned player, where both parties get a healthy six figure sum donated to their bank account.

NB: Step 2 was likely arranged before Step 1.

• Like 4

Such a pity Wolfmother's post was deleted, would have answered so many questions.

Maybe we could pester that purple headed prat on twitter with questions that he could ask Mitch.

Maybe he could ask Mitch if he had done his best Wayne Carey impersonation and whether this was a large factor in his depression?

Maybe he could ask Mitch whether the AFL forced him to fake an injury while he sorted out his issues?

Now that may be an interview from purple I could actually watch.

1. you are not the captain - so it is second hand

2. Then you must know it effects every person it touches differently, and they react differently

3. From what I can gather from the depth of feeling in some of the posts Mitch Clark

a, organised 9/11

b. raped members of posters families

c, voted for Clive Palmer in the last election etc etc

He left the club, we got a good deal in Lumumba from the trade, move on, I actually have more concern for the psyche of the populace in general if some of the posts in this topic are a representation

This is rather Over-The-Top Saty, especially 3...no where has anyone, let alone me said anything remotely like what you are claiming. Completely unnecessary and inappropriate comments.

You are, rightly a highly respected and valued DL poster but that doesn't give you the right to indulge these types of comments nor to regularly deride/insult fellow posters.

That post is the last straw for me. In one minute you will be on 'Ignore'.

And, I don't care that you don't care.

Bye

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 3

G'day Wolfmother.

It's not that we don't believe you but we couldn't allow your post to remain on the site firstly, because it contains allegations which can't be substantiated or verified by us and secondly, we really do want to avoid litigation - you might want to check out our code of conduct.

On another note, the matter of the specific incident that allegedly took place on the MCG on Easter Monday, is now dead and buried after Clark has told the Cats he does not want the issue further investigated.

"But Clark played it down, saying he was happy to be playing football again."

As you would be when your team opens its account with a 10 goal hiding in Round 1.

Whether there's any connection between Clark's desire to bury the story and the rumours sweeping town is another matter.

• Like 2

G'day Wolfmother.

It's not that we don't believe you but we couldn't allow your post to remain on the site firstly, because it contains allegations which can't be substantiated or verified by us and secondly, we really do want to avoid litigation - you might want to check out our code of conduct.

On another note, the matter of the specific incident that allegedly took place on the MCG on Easter Monday, is now dead and buried after Clark has told the Cats he does not want the issue further investigated.

"But Clark played it down, saying he was happy to be playing football again."

As you would be when your team opens its account with a 10 goal hiding in Round 1.

Whether there's any connection between Clark's desire to bury the story and the rumours sweeping town is another matter.

Well the whole thread must be locked then WJ because no one has any proof with regards to anything being said and the context behind it. It's all speculation and will continue until about ten minutes before the first bounce in Canberra today. I know it's a news story but how about we put it to rest for good. There's better things to discuss like the Dees going 2 and zip.
  • Like 1