• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Melbourne v Essendon @ Etihad Stadium - 20th March, 2015

Whispering_Jack

But according to some on here who do training reports, well one person anyway, our skills have improved enormously. His reports are erroneous.

If you can't consistently hit targets on the training track under little to no pressure, how the f#ck are you going to do it when you have opposition. In all 3 NAB Cup games, as soon as the opposition have marginally increased their intensity level, we've crumbled.

And for those who say, "It's only a NAB Cup match", I've been reading that sh#t every year for the past 8 years. Our sh#t NAB Cup form has continued into the real season every year.

Only consolation was that I watched the game at work with a Melbourne supporting customer. Both of us backed Essendon at the line 34.5 points, and we were both tempted to back Essendon to win.

We are still a mentally weak team.

• Like 5

Rule 1

Never ever do what Viney did.

don't need a bunch of team mates coaching him...it should be known....its common bloody sense.

Hope he feels like shlt tonight and hope even more he never repeats that rubbish

Rule 2

Never take notice of pre season form. (I hope)

• Like 1

Odd that Jamar played 50% game time and Gawn only 25%. So for a quarter of the game we had no actual ruckman out there.

Big day for clangers across midfield and half-back.

Frost added a question mark to his name.

I think we're still maybe 4 or five 'genuine AFL quality' players short, and it is exposing new/young players to a lot of pressure.

Same old problem. Except, at least it is not '8 or 9 players short'.

Throw in the 'let's learn an attacking game plan to cobble onto our defensive game plan', we get some rough days.

I'm not crushed, I'll still get a membership, but I'll be nervous because we'd desperately want to notch an early win or two or things might start looking unhinged at the end of the Freo/Sydney/Hawthorn set of games round 5-7.

• Like 4

I think there is an overreaction to the result of this game. We played some very ordinary football for 3/4 of the match and only showed a bit in the first quarter and at the beginning of the last quarter.

Just checked the ladder for this season and this result has not effected our position on the ladder.

I have a very realistic ambition for this season and that is to see some overall improvement in the team structures, the individual skills and in attitude.

As for the Round 1 team, well, if it is selected on form we have a problem because not many of the team look to be in very good form. Mind you, with some of the players I question if it is a matter of form or ability. Some of the players have shown no real ability that form can be built on. Two examples: Viney - I believe he has the ability but is very much out of form. Matt Jones on the other hand I judge to have limited abilities and in my mind it is doubtful he can build that limited ability into consistent form.

Some predictable overreacting on demonland tonight. I feel those vfl listed players were playing for their lives tonight, whereas most of our guys seemed to be taking it easy. Unacceptable but not the end of the world. Hopefully we learn a bit from their desperation and are better for it.

These types of posts are hilarious. Its the same as suggesting we automatically become better after each loss as we "Learn" from it. If that was the case we would be damn near unbeatable.

All it shows is that you know nothing about football.

Edited by ding

Great presser from Roos. Worth watching.

tbh ...couldnt give a flying f%@! What he says...its all Roos speak gobbledygook.

I'll only give attention to what he DOES and by that what he gets the lads to do.

Im somewhat underwhelmed currently and im fully aware of the games within games of the NAB circus but many of the fundamental skills of the game together with playing nouse just seem non existent in our lot.

Still. !!!

They arent that good at acting that they can be skilled and hide it !!!

Better be vastly different in 2 weeks !!!

• Like 2

They only had four top up players apparently, so they weren't the total rabble I thought they were.

Nonetheless, though I haven't seen any of the game, I'm embarrassed.

I'm f**king sick of being embarrassed.

4 non AFL listed players, majority of the team were their players who usually play in VFL. It would be like us playing a team with Max King, Harmes, Stretch, OmAc ect

• Like 1

Well, not quite at full strength.

I still think there's room for Pedo, Vince, Kent and Howe.

It's very puzzling. I saw the Freo game and apart from one quarter we were excellent. Our teamwork was fluent and cohesive and our tackling ferocious. We were brilliant for the first half last week and then petered right out. What happened there?

I still cling to the feeling that we will improve this season and improve well. How can we gain the services of HL, Jeff Garlett, VanDenberg, Frost, Newton and Hogan and NOT improve? It defies logic to think that we can't improve. Bring on the real season and see how we go.

• Like 3

It's very puzzling. I saw the Freo game and apart from one quarter we were excellent. Our teamwork was fluent and cohesive and our tackling ferocious. We were brilliant for the first half last week and then petered right out. What happened there?

I still cling to the feeling that we will improve this season and improve well. How can we gain the services of HL, Jeff Garlett, VanDenberg, Frost, Newton and Hogan and NOT improve? It defies logic to think that we can't improve. Bring on the real season and see how we go.

Because our worst 6 are still our worst 6.

Mckenzie

Grimes

M Jones

Bail

Toumpas

Gawn

Those 6 have consistently been in the team the past several years, it doesn't matter who we get when those 6 are still in the team. An anchor just doesn't become lighter with a different ship pulling it

• Like 3

These types of posts are hilarious. Its the same as suggesting we automatically become better after each loss as we "Learn" from it. If that was the case we would be damn near unbeatable.

Just home from a disappointing game and I've read through this thread. ding, I'm sure you have some opinions about the game, but overwhelmingly you seem to prefer to pour contempt on other posters. Just goes on and on. I wonder about the state of your soul.

• Like 3

He was Obe-wan kenobi.

Sees the big picture.

(which is what too many of the players don't ...)

tonight he was beaten by Darth Vader

And these types of posts are just plain rude and uncalled for.

• Like 1

Just watched the Roos presser. Puts it in to perspective well.

Clearly Roosy believes that we still have a long way to go to bridge the gap between our best and our worst, and that we need to get into the team mentality more than the 'I' mentality. Once we begin to do this we'll be a better team for longer.

• Like 1