FAREWELL JEREMY HOWE

What

He has been a disgrace all year. Sort of attitude that a team trying to reinstate a culture of success and respect should not tolerate. Has to go. At times this year I honestly believe he embarrassed the club and the jumper more than any player of the last 20 years.

How?

He has been serviceable but down on his best.

He is not exactly Robinson Crusoe there.

Oh please.......That is the most stupid statement I've heard on Demonland (and that's saying something)You must not have been watching for the past 20 years or so

I've watched for 20 years, and I don't say it lightly. It's not his talent I'm lambasting, it's his attitude, shocking, not sure what has happened to him. He played ok a few times this year and had a couple of pretty good games, but as I said "at Times" I have been really embarrassed for him, and I think he is one who has not coped with the past. His attitude was not that of a footballer who really really cares.

Demon3, on 06 Sept 2015 - 09:53 AM, said:

I've watched for 20 years, and I don't say it lightly. It's not his talent I'm lambasting, it's his attitude, shocking, not sure what has happened to him. He played ok a few times this year and had a couple of pretty good games, but as I said "at Times" I have been really embarrassed for him, and I think he is one who has not coped with the past. His attitude was not that of a footballer who really really cares.

You said that he embarrassed the club and the jumper more than any other player in the last 20 years. That's what I pulled you up on

I watch a lot of footy over the weekends and I see a lot of other sides making mistakes, causing turnovers, missing team mates with short kicks. etc etc It happens all the time.

We notice our players doing it and that's all we remember......We tend not to see the good things our players do.

So how does he keep getting a game if he is so bad....Maybe the football dept see a bit more than you.

Ever since his manager put talks on hold, Howe has been attacked on here .....Just ANOTHER whipping boy for supporters? to vent their frustrations on.

Curious to see where he finishes in the B&F. I think this will answer your question. Where do you think he will finish? How do you rate his season? Where would you rate him in importance on our list?

He has played 3-4 high quality games this year. The rest have been mediocre at best with majority of it coming down to effort.

How?

He has been serviceable but down on his best.

He is not exactly Robinson Crusoe there.

did you say that before or after roos did in the press conference?

pretty amazing prescience if before!

happy for watts to go to be honest. i want to get better as a football club, and if his departure helps speed that up then i'm all for it.

• Like 2

It's quite clear Howe is not worth the dollars he is asking. Doesn't do nearly enough. I wonder if he will get his price.

I get the impression Roos couldn't care less whether he stays or goes - I feel the same.

His response was pretty point blank in the presser today. "We only want players that want to be here."

Seemed to sum it up.

• Like 1

Roos:

""Like a lot of players they tend to want to wait and see and work out what the market looks like," the coach said. "We obviously want players who want to be at the club ..."

Given that, which i have to say I agree with, I suspect they'll let him walk.

Dixon to PAFC

Pick 9 to MFC

Jeremy Howe & pick number 23 to GCS

everyone is a winner

except maybe Port but if they think the Suns are going to give up Dixon cheaply they're crazy

• Like 7

Actually a two trick pony.

Takes the specie and then farks the kick up!

If we're being honest he's stuffed some kicks but also nailed some shots on goal from deep in the pockets. Today and against Geelong.

But yes he can go.

Edited by Al's Demons

Dixon to PAFC

Pick 9 to MFC

Jeremy Howe & pick number 23 to GCS

everyone is a winner

except maybe Port but if they think the Suns are going to give up Dixon cheaply they're crazy

Actually an extremely sensible 3-way trade for all 3 clubs. GC won't give up pick 3 for Howe, they'll probably consider pick 9 adequate compensation for Dixon, and if the rumours are true about Howe wanting to go north then a mid-first rounder is what we'll be asking in return.

He's actually a solid replacement for Dixon. Can play forward or back and provides marketability in a tough region. With injuries sorted next year I could easily see them bouncing back into the top 10.

Edited by Lamashtu

I think Howe's attack on the footy has been much better as the seasons gone on. Couple of terrific tackles on the weekend.

I would prefer he stays. We talk about this team not having the talent. Jeremy has a great skill set and is a utility player, we don't have many of them.

I agree with the reasons others think he should go. I personally hope he stays.

Edited by mongrel
  • Like 1

If he stays then there is no market for him at $550k+ and he would be on ~$400k which would be the going rate for a 3rd tall who can sometimes go back and fluff around for a bit.

Otherwise he can hold his ground and go into the draft and get to someone at that contract I guess.

• Like 1

I'm another who doesn't really mind if Howe goes or stays, but I certainly don't believe in showing talented players the door just to bring in pick 753 in a weak draft. If other clubs aren't willing to cough up decent players or picks, then we may as well keep him.

Howe, like Lumumba and others, would benefit from a trip to Casey every now and then when he starts to look disinterested. Roos needs to start wielding a big stick with some of these players.

Howe has some special party tricks but plays the game when it suits him. If he had Petterd's defence inside 50 (who was influential in that area) he would be a top-5 player.

That's the long and short of it. Clearly they're trying to instil a two-way brand of footy in him by playing him back but he's not buying in enough for mine..

Out.

• Like 3

The opposition have worked out how to play him, basically give him a nudge as the ball is coming in and he can't leap. It takes away his only strength and he's just an average player

I think he is a pure wingman.

His best marks are there.

The goal in the 3rd quarter was the best bounce/ clearance of the year.

He is a hard tackler ,good kick ,iffy decision maker.

I hope he stays.

• Like 2