• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

I love how nobody has a clue whats happening, same with the Dangerfield stuff

Roos and PJ will be working their magic behind closed doors and will no doubt pull a surprise or 2 out of their hats that will continue to make the club stronger

Feels good to finally have professionals running the club

• Like 2

Roos and PJ will be working their magic behind closed doors and will no doubt pull a surprise or 2 out of their hats that will continue to make the club stronger

Either that or there is nothing to talk about until trade week starts.

Sydney people do not care for AFL, so Clark would fly under the radar there. He would not have the media all over him and he would be able to manage his 'depression' a little better.

Nonsense.

I reckon the club is handling this whole Clark saga quite well and our plan could work out to a nicety. It seems that Jackson & Roos are using their vast years of experience in order to get the best possible deal for the club.

Our plan from the start might have been to get a 4th round draft pick for Clark (as a starting point) That pick could, in theory, be banked and then let the other clubs get in a mini bidding war (as opposed to a major bidding war for an A grader like Dangerfield)

Blindsided? ... maybe we saw things coming this time?

If we can believe the hype, a straight swap for Lumumba is now on the cards and that's a hell of a lot better result than a 4th round draft pick. The Pies may have arrived at this decision in order to get an early settlement with our club.

Of course, nothing has been confirmed so it's all guess work here.

In effect, we could end up with Lumumba for nothing (let's face it, not many of us were expecting Clark to play again) Although ... I reckon we might have to sweeten the deal a little to get it done.

• Like 1

A little birdy told me today that "a straight swap" is not the deal "we" are looking for. Apparently we want more for Clark, and it is more a draft pick situation. If Lumumba is to be included it is to also involve an exchange of draft picks.

• Like 8

A little birdy told me today that "a straight swap" is not the deal "we" are looking for. Apparently we want more for Clark, and it is more a draft pick situation. If Lumumba is to be included it is to also involve an exchange of draft picks.

And might that be because there's interest in Clark elsewhere? Or perceived interest ...

To be brutally honest, I don't see Clark playing much footy going forward ... if he does, he does. Once he's not our player, the care factor becomes zero. We need to concern ourselves with stuff that we can control. He wants out so play hard ball and get the best deal. He's played 4 games in 2 and a half years and is injury prone.

Lumumba on the other hand is ready to go. I couldn't care less about Lumumba's beliefs and him having a strong stance on various matters - that's none of my business. Footy clubs are made up of all types and in the end, the players just get on with it. The bloke can play good footy and rarely misses games. He would strengthen our side quite a lot and would be a walk-up start.

• Like 7

The AFL Stated that Melbourne may be able to trade Mitch Clark for another player or a draft pick and will receive a compensation pick if they lose any players to free agency.

It seems we will be looked after at least in some areas as far as free agency is involved, at least I hope so

It also seems the AFL knows more then they are letting on in specific terms , to me this says we wont be left short as far as Clark is concerned .

But it also says to me the Likelihood of Clark staying on is negligible.

"Peanuts to the ready" !

somehow I have a feeling the Dangerfield thing will not pan out and then BAM! Roos will open his other hand and have something awesome in it it that nobody saw coming

• Like 1

The AFL Stated that Melbourne may be able to trade Mitch Clark for another player or a draft pick and will receive a compensation pick if they lose any players to free agency.

It seems we will be looked after at least in some areas as far as free agency is involved, at least I hope so

It also seems the AFL knows more then they are letting on in specific terms , to me this says we wont be left short as far as Clark is concerned .

But it also says to me the Likelihood of Clark staying on is negligible.

"Peanuts to the ready" !

Receiving compensation for losing a player through free agency is awarded to all teams, not just Melbourne.

• Like 5

From the HUN: 'It is understood the Pies are buoyed by Clark’s progress since last month flagging his desire to revive his career next season.

The Magpies believe it is Clark’s preference to play at Collingwood but the club will wait on the results of further health and wellbeing tests before finalising negotiations with Melbourne in next month’s trade period.'

So a guy with / recovering from depression wants to play under Buckley ???? Maybe keep under the radar so play for Collingwood?? LOL !!

What sort of "little biddy"? A black and white one ??

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/former-demon-mitch-clark-close-to-deciding-on-his-preferred-new-afl-club-20140924-10li4y.html

Ok.

Apparently Clark is a free agent now. Shopping around for the best deal and the right "fit", as long as they are in finals contention.

Edited by jabberwocky

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/former-demon-mitch-clark-close-to-deciding-on-his-preferred-new-afl-club-20140924-10li4y.html

Ok.

Apparently Clark is a free agent now. Shopping around for the best deal and the right "fit", as long as they are in finals contention.

That implies he is waiting to see what kind of offer Hawthorn come up with.

While I am not suggesting that Mitch has deliberately set out to manipulate the system, the situation he is in is certainly being exploited by his manager to get him to the club of his choice with the $ that he wants.

He is essentially a free agent. He is not contracted to MFC.

When his intentions become known it will be interesting to see the response from the club and the AFL.

Nothing was learned from the Mal Michael debacle. The system is still open to exploitation.

Edited by jabberwocky
  • Like 3

...and I suppose we're supposed to be grateful he wants us to get a good deal. I'd laugh if we forced him into the draft, if for no other reason then to shaft his moronic manager

I wonder if we will simply refuse to trade him.

What then will the AFL do, will we get compensated?

I wonder what PJ has planned?

• Like 1

While I am not suggesting that Mitch has deliberately manipulated the system,

Clark retires with two years left on his contract with a struggling club, comes back at the first available opportunity to play for a finals club. There's probably a lot we don't know about this story, but feel free to suggest it because it sure seems like it.

• Like 10

Haha who does this fog think he is?

preferred club in finals contention?

spare me Clark..

Just further proof that the bloke doesn't have the courage, mental capacity or willingness to help a club get back up the ladder. He would rather take the easy route and get himself to a club that will make things easy for him. Good riddance.

• Like 1

"Michael's actions are disgraceful and make a mockery of the AFL draft system that ensures club contracts are not at the mercy of players' hidden agendas or changing whims," Bowers said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/mal-michael-move-peeves-lions/story-e6frf9if-1111112581259