GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

Joining the dots but Roosy sussing Mitch out making sure he is going to be up to it once traded to the pies for Lamumba. Good mate Perty to gamble on a big forward like good mate Ross on Col - slightly ahead on that one.

In regards to compensation, I think we need to face some facts here. We gave up pick 12 for him, he's now 2 years older, with a dodgy foot, well-documented mental health issues, and is starting to emerge as a guy with 'questionable' morals.

Had a good start to 2012 before the injury but that was a long time ago.

Might get a second rounder if we're lucky.

• Like 1

Cmon people it's a MFC and MC conspiracy ta get trade or compo and money for MC and his manager...............sorry but it's about time we became the shafter an not the shafted.............oh bugger i'm dream'n

Pick 1(PP), Pick 3(for being [censored]), Pick 4(Frawley

Pick 1 for Petracca

Pick 3 and 4 for Tex and Danger.

Pick 20 for Goddard

Pick 39 for Stretch

Pick 58 for Oscar Mc

Garland for Lumamba

Jurrah as Rookie

BOOOOOMMMM

Part of me is kind of excited... I mean. He was just dead weight before. I think any team he goes to, he'll be damaged goods. I think he'll likely struggle a bit, not play many games, and then leave knowing he did everything he could. If we get a JKH for him... is that the worst thing in the world?

• Like 1

What's being played out in public, and what us really going on behind the scenes could be two completely different things.

Can't wait till this crap is over.

• Like 3

I thought you had very little hope anyway? ;)

I didn't have much hope, but after about an hour on the twitters, some hope was revived. I really wanted Roosy to get in there tonight and hold up a selfie of him and Mitch Clark hugging it out, and then say Mitch had signed a 3 year deal on $100k a year because he didn't need the money after we paid him ~$100k a game in his career at the dees to date. And that Mitch was really looking forward to strapping on the boots etc etc..

• Like 1

Question is how much is mitch worth, given his track record of taking the money and running for rehab, what will anyone pay him, i doubt he would be getting 750k from anyone with that record, How would a club take him on knowing that he has depression that could recur, I would suspect only a club that had a pretty good level of confidence that he was over it. which is pretty good because getting over depression is not something truly disappears.

Who even wants this guy at the club anymore after watching the way he and his manager have played this? I would love to know what the inner sanctum of players are feeling right now, especially the leadership group.

Who knows, maybe this will be a galvanizing moment for the list.. (heard that before).

I think this is the best thing to happen to our prospects of getting a first round PP.

It was all a public opinion issue for the AFL, we deserved one but wouldn't get one - because the football public would whinge.

Now public opinion is firmly in our corner in regards to this Clark issue, this paves the way for the AFL to give us top compo.

Happy days.

• Like 2

I went there once, never been the same.

None of us are....far better for it :)

• Like 1

Pick 1(PP), Pick 3(for being [censored]), Pick 4(Frawley

Pick 1 for Petracca

Pick 3 and 4 for Tex and Danger.

Pick 20 for Goddard

Pick 39 for Stretch

Pick 58 for Oscar Mc

Garland for Lumamba

Jurrah as Rookie

BOOOOOMMMM

B Jetta. Dunn. Trengove

HB Lumumba. TMacdonald. Howe

C Watts. Dangerfield. Viney

HF Kent. Hogan. Vince

F Jurrah. Tex. JKH

RR Jamar. Jones. Tyson

I: Petracca, Goddard, Stretch, Gawn

• Like 5

What exactly has Clark done? Do you have it on good authority he has actually said or done anything. Talk about a hair-trigger response. If you look up the expression "jumping at shadows" in the Greater Oxford Illustrated Dictionary, you will see a photo of a Demonland poster.

pffft... Mitch Clark has left our club via a false retirement.. Does he even have an illness? Who knows... you can believe what you want....

My post was reactionary... But after years and years of players leaving, after showing promise... Can you blame me? This year we will lose our best forward and our best defender and along with the many other who have parted the club, through varied circumstances... I'm seriously doubting our clubs ability to hold on to players...

• Like 2