Post Match Masochism - Round 21

Demonland

I sit close to the bench and Nathan Jones was gutted. He looked like he was about to cry.

I've seen some players hurting before, but he would come to the bench and he looked so angry and so broken, I've never seen anyone look so genuinly upset.

I admire him so much for never ever dropping his head. He kept going long after everyone else gave up. If I was him I'd be giving most of my so called teammates a spray post match.

I would be looking for a new team in 2016, the world is his oyster why waste it at the MFC

Stan Alves and Greg Wells left in the seventies and played in premierships

Jones deserves as much and he wont get it at the MFC

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

I would be looking for a new team in 2016, the world is his oyster why waste it at the MFC

Stan Alves and Greg Wells left in the seventies and played in premierships

Jones deserves as much and he wont get it at the MFC

Difference is, Stan didn't want to go, but was part of the Ditterich deal. He got his flag, sure, but he was gutted to be pushed out the MFC door. Wells got his, but remains an ardent supporter, committed and strong benefactor of the MFC. I doubt we will see history repeat itself these days.

Difference is, Stan didn't want to go, but was part of the Ditterich deal. He got his flag, sure, but he was gutted to be pushed out the MFC door. Wells got his, but remains an ardent supporter, committed and strong benefactor of the MFC. I doubt we will see history repeat itself these days.

iva IMO there are not too many clubs that would not take Jones if he was available.

In 2016 he will be a free agent.

Why would he not leave?

Just on Jack Watts, people say trade him, I don't disagree, but are they willing to accept a pick 25+ for him, that is his value a back half second round pick

I seen Meth Coast sweat over the same decision with Andrew Mcdougall Not Pick 1 but in the Top four possibly Pick 2. He got and extended stay because big men take time and his pick justified him staying on the list. He showed no aggression or tenacity and was always worked off the ball one and one and didn't go hard at the contest.

In the end they cut their losses as they also did with Sampi, sometimes you just have to make that tough decision, if it's a second round pick so be it.

I've been a supporter of Jack but he will never reach his potential in this side, he is not what we need right now to get us out of our current situation but IMO time to make the move for both parties and if we get a second round pick take it

• Like 4

I seen Meth Coast sweat over the same decision with Andrew Mcdougall Not Pick 1 but in the Top four possibly Pick 2. He got and extended stay because big men take time and his pick justified him staying on the list. He showed no aggression or tenacity and was always worked off the ball one and one and didn't go hard at the contest.

In the end they cut their losses as they also did with Sampi, sometimes you just have to make that tough decision, if it's a second round pick so be it.

I've been a supporter of Jack but he will never reach his potential in this side, he is not what we need right now to get us out of our current situation but IMO time to make the move for both parties and if we get a second round pick take it

As that seventies slogan went

"It's Time"

• Like 2

Don't agree jr

just better, more skill more ability.

Oh, absolutely!

But, they worked for EACH other!!

Did you see how many hugged Phil Davis after the game?? He got concussed GOING HARD, and it didn't go unnoticed.

When Pedo got his nose rearranged, our blokes stood around watching Pedo bleed.

We're f u cked.

• Like 3

Oh, absolutely!

But, they worked for EACH other!!

Did you see how many hugged Phil Davis after the game?? He got concussed GOING HARD, and it didn't go unnoticed.

When Pedo got his nose rearranged, our blokes stood around watching Pedo bleed.

We're f u cked.

Posters on this site have had a go at me about my hard attitude.

But being involved with footy most of my life,i see so many bad things on/off the field at our club.

Off field seems to have been improving,but the weak insipid sunday church footy club we supported during the past 40 years,just has to go.

PR,faces his biggest test now.

He has stated many times the our club was mediocre{agree 100%}before he was signed to coach here.

So lets see this bloke make the changes that need to be made,hope he doesnt go all soft now.

He lambasted our recruiting,coaching,past decisions.

He was right and NOW is the time to make good on his word,cull and cull quickly and deadly.

• Like 2

Posters on this site have had a go at me about my hard attitude.

But being involved with footy most of my life,i see so many bad things on/off the field at our club.

Off field seems to have been improving,but the weak insipid sunday church footy club we supported during the past 40 years,just has to go.

PR,faces his biggest test now.

He has stated many times the our club was mediocre{agree 100%}before he was signed to coach here.

So lets see this bloke make the changes that need to be made,hope he doesnt go all soft now.

He lambasted our recruiting,coaching,past decisions.

He was right and NOW is the time to make good on his word,cull and cull quickly and deadly.

And, PR needs to stand up now and say 'this is MY team'. Stop fluffing around with 'the players'.

What about some inclusive pronouns PR?

Ffs.

• Like 3

And, PR needs to stand up now and say 'this is MY team'. Stop fluffing around with 'the players'.

What about some inclusive pronouns PR?

Ffs.

100% agree...its still a little bit "arms length" for mine

• Like 1

so we're all now in agreeance ; CULL is the RIGHT word !!! :)

• Like 2

The other side of that coin is that when you cut your losses you can turn the dollar you have into 30 cents.

Martin for Pick 53 was not value. And we should have left that on the table.

Watts would be more valuable on the list than in a trade I am afraid to say.

What was wrong with his game today? He played his 4th game today had the 3rd highest possessions today (22) at about 80% efficiency and 4 of the 50 odd tackles. We are being let down by the poor skills level that in my opinion has not improved. I also think that there are a lot of players that are selfish, Kent burning the free forward in the 3rd quarter was a prime example. Frawley and Dawes were pitiful today. The fact is that Roos has had very little impact this year despite the addition of Vince and Cross. Perhaps he should have Tammy do a bit of work on the players. She is on the payroll.

Can't underestimate how this is a cancer in a team. Next time the fwd just doesn't run because what's the point. Its one prime reason why this team doesn't run and spread. Watts is a classic example. In the past I have seem him be burned my multiple leads.

Kent should be dropped if for no other reason. If you want team rules its the only way to move fwd.

We are so f$$%^&*d I can't believe it

The other side of that coin is that when you cut your losses you can turn the dollar you have into 30 cents.

But if he continues the way he is going we will get nothing come the end of 2015

IMO a second rounder is worth it.

I also believe we really need to hit the draft hard in the same way Brisbane and St Kilda did last year, if we manage to get two first rounders than we can trade 1 of them for a ready made and a later pick but above all else we need to nail our opportunity this time

• Like 3

really ?? you really really think so ??

What value is he on our list ? serious question as I for the love of god cant work it out any more. Hes NQR for mine

• Like 1

People saying it's Paul Roos fault have no idea! How many coaches can this mob burn! I put it on the culture of our club! When things get tough we go pack up shop. Judge Roos after his 3 years!

Just like we did with Neeld. Oh wait...

I do tend to agree though - there's very little point punting another coach. Unfortunately though, the supporters are the ones with the power in this situation and if enough supporters are off the Roos train then he will go.

Stan chose to go to North for a flag.

Wells was cleared to the Blues and also got a flag, but he didn't initiate it.

Can someone please tell me what that girl said when the players were going into the tunnel...it looked like she was giving them a spray and was getting in Vince's face

No doubt she was commiserating with them but, at the same time, commending them on their effort.

• Like 1