• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

How upset will you be if we finish bottom

Pates

194 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

FFS read all his posts on this subject he isn't planning on finishing second last. We are being asked about how it will make us feel if we win the spoon. If you don't care and think it doesn't make a difference then IMO the last 7 years have just mentally screwed you. We are currently sitting 17th and were sitting 16th when this question was asked.

We have 5 games left this season and if we play to our potential there are 4 games we can win.

Lions - Yes Etihad and they are playing well but right attitude and effort we can win

Hawks - even the most optimistic supporter wouldn't back us in this game, they are gearing up for the finals and getting back to their best, effort over 4 quarters is the most important thing in this game

GWS - back at our home ground and if we bring the right attitude and effort and game again we should win

Meth Coast - at Patersons and danger game Coxy's home farewell, but so was Hafey's and Cassisi's. They are ripe for the picking and front running flat track bullies of the highest order, don't allow them a start and turn it into a fight and it is very much a winnable game

North - again it is Etihad but last game of the season and we all know there are always shock results in the final round and which North turns up. By god do we owe North for the last 7 years and despite our improvement it was one of our worst performances of the season. They will have their eyes on the final the following weak and I hope our boys are keen to atone from our loss to them earlier in the year

So I am clarifying why I will be pi55ed if we win the spoon, I see 4 winnable games which if results go our way will see us finishing as high as 12th, I don't care that it rules out us getting Petracca. The last 10 years has seen enough Selwood, Dangerfield, Wines, Heppells, Salems etc coming at around that mark. We are instilling a new culture and we have an opportunity to finish the season on a high like the Doggies did last season and enter the trade period and off season with optimism and positive media, which will assist us greatly both on and off the field.

So again I will be absolutely livid if we win the spoon from here, I want to finish with as many wins and high as we possibly can

Go Dees

PSD cant see us winning any

Well Jackaub it's all about opinions, on our day we can beat all but the Hawks. The next 5 weeks will tell us

PSD I agree with some of your comments in this thread but I think the one above is a large over statement of the actual situation.

In 2014 I can see little evidence that " on our day we can beat all but the hawks"

Can you show me the proof of that seeing as how we have won four games.

• Like 1

The fact that anyone is not digusted by the idea of finishing last just highlights the pathetic culture that infected this club including its supporter base

Quietly confident that it is not surprising

PSD cant see us winning any

if we play like we did against Port we could win all but the Hawks game

at the least we should beat GWS and Brisbane

We need to finish the season strong

Considering the major improvements we have observed overall this season, a spoon would really be a huge disappointment.

And as has been pointed out, some prospective transferees, by trade or FA, may be deterred.

Hellishly unlucky not to have won another 4 which would put us up around 10-12th. The complete disappearance of our planned forward structure in those early rounds has been disastrous.

• Like 1

Having read through this thread, all I can say is that I would lose my [censored], provided that I can find it and get it together before the end of the season ... :blink:

How about we win four of the last five, push the Hawks for 3qtrs and Hogan kicks 4 on debut to get us over the Kangas. It's unlikely, but it is possible. Would hate to finish last, do over it. The improvement this year is obvious, but we need all players training all summer knowing that they did actually beat some teams, and when on can succeed, not maybe if on might go ok.

The tide is turning, be geez we need every step to keep going forward.

Frawley will Likely leave, but some good players will come in. We need more wins to help Roos message get through even more, to the current crop and the next batch coming in.

Time to win Dees.

• Like 1

We will achieve nothing but mid to lower table results with this list. I hate to say it but unless we can scoop up some elite talent as we skim off the bottom of our "J" curve then the long term future is bleak. Our list is absolutely Shiite. For the sake of short term pain we need to be in a strong position to collect a Petracca or a Cameron etc. No point moving forward with this list. All it will give us is a few mid table seasons until players leave and down we go again.

Every good team this year had a bottoming out. We have had one but unfortunately had %$CKheads at the helm. Its sad but true - we have to visit the well again if we want a premiership calibre list in a few years time..

Why miss out on a Cameron for the sake of one ladder position. I dont buy in to FA trade targets being put off by our ladder postion. Anyone with a slight bit of ffoty nous can recognise the direction Roos has the club going. All it needs now is talent. Until Grimes, Terlich, etc are regular seconds players , we will only ever make up the numbers

I think everyone is hoping we'll win as many games in the rest of the year as possible and finish as high as we can. But with the improvement we have seen I'm not slitting my wrists if the vagaries of how other bottom teams had a win when we had some non-disasterous losses causes us to finish below them. Not happy but not despairing.

• Like 1

History would suggest that you will do as well with picks 4 - 7 as 1&2 anyway - if not better.

Its not the draft where the top pick is useful, its when its used as currency to secure a shiel or cameron ahead of another club. we need to stop looking at picks as only useful in the draft. picks are currency

• Like 2

i'll be shattered if we take the wooden spoon, seriously how could you not be? it means you were the shittest team all year bar none no matter what position the other teams were that you beat.. yes we might have improved as a team but if we come last we didnt improve more than any of the other teams.

• Like 1

Its not the draft where the top pick is useful, its when its used as currency to secure a shiel or cameron ahead of another club. we need to stop looking at picks as only useful in the draft. picks are currency

always have been ...the clever clubs know this

PSD I agree with some of your comments in this thread but I think the one above is a large over statement of the actual situation.

In 2014 I can see little evidence that " on our day we can beat all but the hawks"

Can you show me the proof of that seeing as how we have won four games.

Old Dee you need to re-read my post that Jackaub was responding to, I was talking about our last 5 games against the Lions, Hawks, GWS, Meth Coast and North. That is what I was referring to as on our day we can beat 4 of those sides

Good to see those not happy about finishing last have nearly caught the "I don't cares" in the poll.

Agree the list still needs to be improved immensely.

In the meantime have to grab every win that is possible. It is good to have realistic hope and good to CARE!!

• Like 1

Good to see those not happy about finishing last have nearly caught the "I don't cares" in the poll.

Agree the list still needs to be improved immensely.

In the meantime have to grab every win that is possible. It is good to have realistic hope and good to CARE!!

If we beat the Giants you can say goodbye to Petracca, probably the player we need most from the draft. It is believed he is the player GWS want above all others.

Interesting to note the number of players like Cameron who have been put to bed by GWS for the rest of the season.

Get my drift. It's called list management.

I think we would also love Petracca. The Saints would probably go key forward like McCartin. So would the Lions.

why do you think we would miss Petracca by beating GWS @ the G ?