Changes vs Western Bulldogs

What

From Roos' presser today, "Terlich will probably come back in", "disappointing that the seconds were so poor at the weekend", so I reckon will be a minimum of 2 ins, who the second one is will be anyones guess

So if Terlich is in he either plays on ball (unlikely) or he frees up a defender, most likely Grimes I would have thought, to do so. The other option might be Terlich into defence and Howe forward. But Howe has been pretty good in defence (although not that good last weekend). Of course, with both McKenzie and Cross out it is also conceivable that Bail gets a run with role and Howe or Grimes play in the forward line.

You can add Crameri to the list (Show Cause Syndrome)

I hope playing on Dunn again isn't the cure.

Griffen out would be massive. Allows us to focus much more on Libba who usually kills us. That said Cross and McKenzie are out and Grimes is kind of suited to tagging Griffen but not really suited to tagging Libba I wouldn't have thought.

Despite getting blown out by Port it seems the dogs have found some form the last few weeks whilst we have dropped off a notch since last playing them.

I'm nervous about how we will go, we need to get that 5th win if we are to keep building this season is to a reasonable total of wins. In some ways 5 wins or 8 wins doesn't change anything. But momentum can be a big psychological factor to help belief over the preseason.

I hope playing on Dunn again isn't the cure.

Griffen out would be massive. Allows us to focus much more on Libba who usually kills us. That said Cross and McKenzie are out and Grimes is kind of suited to tagging Griffen but not really suited to tagging Libba I wouldn't have thought.

Despite getting blown out by Port it seems the dogs have found some form the last few weeks whilst we have dropped off a notch since last playing them.

Interesting to see who Roos will bring in to the lock down role.

Nicholson gets little love but has done the job in the past and really the only one in the 2's who would be best suited to the role.

My guess would be

Out

Cross, McKenzie

In

Nicholson, JKH

Riley to play more in the midfield.

Interesting to see who Roos will bring in to the lock down role.

Nicholson gets little love but has done the job in the past and really the only one in the 2's who would be best suited to the role.

My guess would be

Out

Cross, McKenzie

In

Nicholson, JKH

Riley to play more in the midfield.

Nicholson missed nearly every target by foot last week - he can't kick, it's a no from me.

• Like 1

I would put decent cash on Clisby being in this week.

Is he injured, surprised no one mentioned him but if there's more than 2 changes I'd say a certainty!

I'll take your bet.

First week back from a quad injury and to resume on limited game time at Casey either in the Casey seniors or reserves. No chance of being in the senior team and probably not for at least 2 if not 3 weeks when he's got fitness and form on the board.

Plus Terlich is ahead of him for an extra defender anyway.

• Like 1

I'll take your bet.

First week back from a quad injury and to resume on limited game time at Casey either in the Casey seniors or reserves. No chance of being in the senior team and probably not for at least 2 if not 3 weeks when he's got fitness and form on the board.

i'll cover that bet :)

I'll take your bet.

As I said, didn't know his injury status but that means he's a certainty to not play. Thanks.

Garland is coming off an injury interrupted pre-season, it was not going to be easy for him to slip right in.

He has plenty of credits earned and is a leader, he is a long way from being dropped.

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 2

With Cross out for at least 4 weeks.. This is a massive chance for either Michie or Blease to make a name for themselves.. If i were Blease and i was starting on saturday.. As soon as the siren were to go i wouldnt stop running until i'm vomiting my guts up! Same for Michie..

Wouldnt be surprised if Riley or Salem was dropped for Nicho..

Edited by Laces Out

With Cross out for at least 4 weeks.. This is a massive chance for either Michie or Blease to make a name for themselves.. If i were Blease and i was starting on saturday.. As soon as the siren were to go i wouldnt stop running until i'm vomiting my guts up! Same for Michie..

Wouldnt be surprised if Riley or Salem was dropped for Nicho..

You obviously didn't see Nicholsons game on the ABC last week.

Despite many of us getting a little ahead of ourselves with rapture from some wins this year was always really about understanding who we are, where we are and what needs doing.

2 out...2 in...lets see what someone can do with an opportunity

Maybe its me, im not really fussed. It all goes to the bank of knowledge being stored by the FD to enable it to make some far reaching decisions come this EOS.

I can only see 2 changes occurring, the forced ones. Terlich firming perhaps, Michie a chance

as Roos is all about roles ...theres the direction changes will take

FB: Jetta Dunn Garland
HB: Howe McDonald Grimes

C: M. Jones N. Jones Vince

HF: Bail Dawes Watts

FF: Blease Frawley Pedersen
Foll: Jamar Tyson Viney

Int: Michie Terlich Kent

S: Salem

Changed my mind after hearing what Roos had to say.

Terlich back in as a 7th defender. McKenzie out. Grimes can play some minutes on a wing or defensively in the midfield if needed

Riley out Blease in

Michie for Cross

I'd actually use Viney tagging on Libba this week. It will be a huge physical challenge for him but a mental freshen up. Instead of worrying about attacking and defending and finding the ball all he has to do is sit on Libba at stoppages and then find him in general play.

Really hoping Michie gets a chance because I know he has to work on his fitness and speed but he's a solid body, hard at it and can produce some skilled play when given time and space. I feel like the Cross injury gives him a chance to play midfield and forward and to show us something. Even if he's getting hurt the other way and struggling to adapt to AFL level he can hopefully win some clearance and use his foot skills and do some positive things.

They don't train with Casey, do they? Which means they are only "at Casey" for a few hours on game day. While I'd like a better relationship with our VFL colleagues, realistically it's a bit hard to see how a few hours on gameday is going to somehow infect professional footballers who spend the rest of the week with the senior list.

I guess I should have been more specific and said that they are, like MFC last year, swimming around in a losing rudderless culture.

PS: when did Cross break his leg? What broke?

Edited by monoccular

Roos is still evaluating...hold firm :)