Jesse Hogan Injury Update?

dazzledavey36

Easily:

"Hogan damaged his back in a recent NAB Challenge match when a knee from an opponent forced him from the field. "

Who said this, the Malaysian investigators?

Can't see how everybody in the game can have bad days:

Demetriou laughing at a dwarf with burnt crackling.

Roos's self-described deplorable coaching effort against West Coast

Essendon players against St.Kilda

MFC list for a decade

But medical staff can't?

I have them, and so do all of them.

On the Wednesday before the Geelong NAB challenge game, I witnessed and reported this...

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

Pedo did his left hamstring (grade 1) and shouldn't play Friday. Hogan right low-back-buttock soreness, but continued on modified.

After I typed this Pedo was named in the side, so clubs tell you what they want you to hear.

Hogan didn't even return to full training drills in public for memory.

If he got the knee in the back in the game, it was extremely coincidental. I will give a small benefit of the large doubt.

I am sure behind closed doors they are regretting the decision to play him. Medical staff had a bad day, and probably got one wrong. On the other hand, I thought Dawes selection against Carlton might have been premature. There you go, they got one right that we take for granted and don't dedicate a thread on. But that comes with the territory.

• Like 2

The simple fact is that he has a back problem that it would appear is not going to go away any time soon.

I really don't care at this point how he got it.

He will not be playing any time soon.

I worry we may not see him for a considerable time.

It is looking like July to me at the earliest.

I have all but written him out of any meaningful contribution this year.

I hope 2015 is a belter of a year for him.

Hogan actually has couple of cracked vertabrae in his back

Thanks for the info Bazza, even if it doesn't really change the treatment plan or recovery timetable.

Strange how the only bit of verified and meaningful information in the thread slips by unnoticed among four pages of drivel, to which I have contributed.

I daresay if you started a new thread with the title: "Hogan - cracked vertebrae" the place would go into meltdown.

Step 1) Trade Hogan + 2nd round pick or player to Fremantle for Fyfe

Step 2) Draft Peter Wright with pick number 1

Absolutely no way we let Hogan go, seen this kid in the Development squads, Colts, his NAB 2013 & 14 and live last year vs the Northern Blues. He has shown all the traits as a once in a generation player.

A must keep

• Like 4

I'm sorry but your saying how bad it must be for the fans by not putting 'indefinite' next to his name on the injury list... That it is a setback for you, that they are getting your hopes up and your being let down? That because you pay a membership every year your entitled to know everythign that goes on in his life and everythign he does requires your approval. As fans are you really that conceited?

Imagine being him in this situation.. He was physically fit to play last year but ages restrictions didn't allow it, and now he is of age he isn't physically fit. Consider the state of mind that puts him, having to sit on the sidelines when his been itching to finally run onto the G since the beginning of the 2013 season and fulfil a childhood dream.

You have to realise that he has been dealt a hefty blow and as if there isn't enough pressure on him, that he needs so called 'fans' such as yourselves having a dig at every chance, at him, at the club, at the medical staff.. running your mouths saying 'lets trade him' 3 months into his first eligible season, blaming him for his own injury and trying to put Mitch Clarkes own personal demons at the hands of the medical & support staff. Please. 1) you're obviously ignorant to mental illnesses and 2) you're not the loyal fans you depict yourself as... So much for #myheartbeattrue hey?!

Yes he does have stress fracutures, yes his injury is a symptomatic one. He COULD train without issues over the next 2-3 weeks, get half a game in the reserves, and a full game the following consecutive week, build that match fitness up and WHAM BAM you'll having the saving grace you all desire so badly.... OR... he could be out for a little longer, overcome his injury and other set backs, get the right state of mind. They havent said it is indefinite yet, there is still an estimated amount of weeks, but put yourself in his shoes- at least giving a timeframe gives him something to work towards, to see progress with his body and see himself on the right track. a silver lining at the end of the tunnel.

Do you really want the kid out there so bad that your willing to risk his longterm playing career? Sure he could play through the pain, but he's 19, he shouldn't have to and how long will he have to? Do you want him to be a 2 year player or a 12 year player? An extended break or rest may just be on the cards, better to do it right the first time round and wrap him in bubble wrap. As for the PS matches, he had earnt his spot to play as much as any other player out there and his first goal showed a glimpse of how great he will be and believe me he will be one of the best players Melbourne has produced because he has strength and character and the drive. It'd be wise to bite your tongue and quit with the criticism until you're given a reason to criticise. As said above he is a 'once in a generation player'.

You need to realise this is his livelihood, not yours. As much as your support would be appreciated by him and fellow players, your negativy and pressure is not. He is a 19 year old kid waiting for the chance to play his first senior game and having to watch other players get to play his position week in and week out- not from earning it, but because there isn't anyone else. So stiff luck if you have to see 4-5 weeks when you check the paper. He will be worth the wait.

Edited by 1dee1
  • Like 11

Lets hope Hogan gets his back right and soon. As a club we have had more than our share of bad luck over the years with injuries to key players. The worm is sure to turn!!!!!!

Edited by manny100

Step 1) Trade Hogan + 2nd round pick or player to Fremantle for Fyfe

Step 2) Draft Peter Wright with pick number 1

Sorry, mate. Second worst idea ever.

• Like 1

I'd imagine that they would want Hogan to play at Casey for at least a couple of weeks to build his fitness up which would delay his availability for Melbourne

OMG - he could get injured at Casey - then we would be hearing "why did they risk him in a meaningless minor league" etc etc :-(

• Like 1

I'm sorry but your saying how bad it must be for the fans by not putting 'indefinite' on the injury list... That is a setback for you, they are getting your hopes up and your being let down? As fans are you really that concieted?

Imagine being the kid in this situation.. He was physically fit to play last year but ages restrictions didn't allow it, and now he is of age he isn't physically fit. Consider the state of mind that puts him, having to sit on the sidelines when his been itching to have a run on the G since the beginning of the 2013 season.

His been dealt a hefty blow and as if there isn't enough pressure on him, that he needs so called 'fans' such as yourselves having a dig at every chance, at him, at the club, at the medical staff.. running your mouths saying 'lets trade him' and trying to put Mitch Clarkes personal demons at the hands on the medical & support staff. Please.

Yes he does have a cracked vertebrae, his injury is a symptomatic one, he COULD train without issues over the next 2-3 weeks, get half a game gig in the reserves, and a full game the following consecutive week, build that match fitness up and WHAM BAM you'll having the saving grace you all desire.... OR... he could be out for a little longer.. But at least giving a timeframe gives him something to work towards, to see progress with his body and see himself on the right track.

Do you really want the kid out there so bad that your willing to risk his longterm playing career? Sure he could play through the pain, but his 19, he shouldn't have to and how long will he have too? An extended break or rest may just be one the cards, better to do it right the first time round and wrap him in bubble wrap.

As for the PS matches, he had earnt his spot to play and he showed glimpse of how great he will be and believe me he will be one of the best players Melbourne has producd.

You need to realise this is his livelihood, not yours. As much as your support would be appreciated by him and fellow players, your negativy and pressure is not. His 19 year old kid waiting for the chance to play his senior game and having to watch other players get to play his position- not from earning it, but because there isn't anyone else. So stiff luck if you have to see 4-5 weeks when you check the paper.

Welcome to the nut house 1dee1.

Brace yourself!!!!!

I suppose one positive in all this is he got to spend a full year developing at VFL level, which is exactly what Roos wants for development of new players. Just means he will come back even more of a skilled superstar-in-waiting when he finally plays.

I'm sorry but your saying how bad it must be for the fans by not putting 'indefinite' on the injury list... That is a setback for you, they are getting your hopes up and your being let down? As fans are you really that concieted?

Imagine being the kid in this situation.. He was physically fit to play last year but ages restrictions didn't allow it, and now he is of age he isn't physically fit. Consider the state of mind that puts him, having to sit on the sidelines when his been itching to have a run on the G since the beginning of the 2013 season.

His been dealt a hefty blow and as if there isn't enough pressure on him, that he needs so called 'fans' such as yourselves having a dig at every chance, at him, at the club, at the medical staff.. running your mouths saying 'lets trade him' and trying to put Mitch Clarkes personal demons at the hands on the medical & support staff. Please.

Yes he does have a cracked vertebrae, his injury is a symptomatic one, he COULD train without issues over the next 2-3 weeks, get half a game gig in the reserves, and a full game the following consecutive week, build that match fitness up and WHAM BAM you'll having the saving grace you all desire.... OR... he could be out for a little longer.. But at least giving a timeframe gives him something to work towards, to see progress with his body and see himself on the right track.

Do you really want the kid out there so bad that your willing to risk his longterm playing career? Sure he could play through the pain, but his 19, he shouldn't have to and how long will he have too? An extended break or rest may just be one the cards, better to do it right the first time round and wrap him in bubble wrap.

As for the PS matches, he had earnt his spot to play and he showed glimpse of how great he will be and believe me he will be one of the best players Melbourne has producd.

You need to realise this is his livelihood, not yours. As much as your support would be appreciated by him and fellow players, your negativy and pressure is not. His 19 year old kid waiting for the chance to play his senior game and having to watch other players get to play his position- not from earning it, but because there isn't anyone else. So stiff luck if you have to see 4-5 weeks when you check the paper.

Absolutely perfect mate.

Also, he is 19 and we should not be placing too much emphasis on him turning out to be the next big thing. We over pressured Watts in the beginning and Jesse does not need this

they've just discussed Hogan on the Footy Show panel- gulp... not sounding good

that twit Barret says "serious doubt if he'll play again" - Gazza has a seizure, and then it all calms down a bit... but sounds worrying

FMD

Great 1st post…welcome.

• Like 1

The footy shows resident doomsayer Damien Barrett has just claimed that Hogan is in serious doubt ever to play again!

WHAT THE ??????????

Please post more

Ferret face on the footy show is saying he won't play any time soon.

Had clearly been reading demonland and trying to sensationalise the injury, until Lyon called him on it & Barrett backed off.

No news here.

• Like 2

Had clearly been reading demonland and trying to sensationalise the injury, until Lyon called him on it & Barrett backed off.

No news here.

I wouldn't overstate Demonland's importance in all this; you don't need to be Einstein to work out that the rehab hasn't gone as planned.

It's been 8 weeks since they said 3-4 weeks and he's no closer to returning to training.

Sounds like they're meeting next week to work out Plan B.

The footy shows resident doomsayer Damien Barrett has just claimed that Hogan is in serious doubt ever to play again!

WHAT THE ??????????

After the last 4 or 5 years I am in the Worst Case Scenario school these days. I am utterly sick of it but it just keeps happening like some recurring nightmare!

After the last 4 or 5 years I am in the Worst Case Scenario school these days. I am utterly sick of it but it just keeps happening like some recurring nightmare!

Stupid thing was he then went on later to say that he could be back in a month... Only news that came out was that Josh Mahoney and all key players are going to sit down to sort out the best way forward for Jesse... Which I guess isn't really that surprising

Wish the kid all the best, rotten luck for him, and just want him fit and firing... If that's this year great... If not then so be it!