Demons season opener v Saints

dee-luded

Very excited for tonight, but also feeling slightly sick with nerves.

I'm missing next weeks game because I'm overseas for work, so here's hoping we win tonight and I feel ever more annoyed about missing out next week.

I think tonight will prove once and for all if a strong winning midfield (hopefully ours), can compensate for a poor forward line.

Edited by Jaded

Someone posted this on the Melbourne facebook page "St. Kilda are gonna Roos. They are Gawners, will not be able to get it Dunn against such an inVinceable team. Howe Cross their fans will be."

I found it pretty funny :)

• Like 1

Excited, nervous, can't wait.

Georgiou has spent no time with forwards or mids during all the preseason training sessions. He is a backman at SANFL level, recruited to booster our backline, has played all preseason down back and will play backline tonight.

• Like 2

Excited, nervous, can't wait.

Georgiou has spent no time with forwards or mids during all the preseason training sessions. He is a backman at SANFL level, recruited to booster our backline, has played all preseason down back and will play backline tonight.

I'm sure

I'm concerned that the Sainters will come out hard, but I think they'll run out of legs before the end.

Reading the Geelong Advertiser yesterday and told the missus how much things have suddenly changed as 9 out of their 10 tipsters picked Demons to win. She asked who tipped against us. It was Mark Neeld.

Edited by Daryl Keith
  • Like 9

Reading the Geelong Advertiser yesterday and told the missus how much things have suddenly changed as 9 out of their 10 tipsters picked Demons to win. She asked who tipped against us. It was Mark Neeld.

HAHAHAHAHHAHA OH MY GOD!

• Like 1

What a pathetic bloke. We gave him an opportunity that millions would dream of, and I bet he feels hard done by. Truth is he just wasn't good enough.

I had respect for him having a crack until I've read that. Seems he blames everyone but himself for making the worst football team in history... Pity

• Like 1

he's still trying to motivate us.

• Like 1

Surely not?

The side picked is exactly the side I would have picked based on available players. Its not the best in name but it is the best based on fitness and filling the required roles of the side.

I go tonight confident. I go expecting to win and win well. Leaving with a loss will not be satisfactory under any circumstance. If we adhere to a consistent level of good intensity and adherence to the game plan the result will look after itself.

GO DEE's. Give em hell.

• Like 1

The side picked is exactly the side I would have picked based on available players. Its not the best in name but it is the best based on fitness and filling the required roles of the side.

I go tonight confident. I go expecting to win and win well. Leaving with a loss will not be satisfactory under any circumstance. If we adhere to a consistent level of good intensity and adherence to the game plan the result will look after itself.

GO DEE's. Give em hell.

If we win well, we may even end up top of the ladder momentarily. Now that would be a nice boost for membership!

• Like 1

The Toump will 100% be selected (and not as a sub). If you are in any doubt about that listen to this interview with Jack Grimes on SEN, during which (from 10.42) he is asked about Watts, The Toump and Viney. He gives them all a wrap but in a nutshell he says about The Toump (paraphrasing):

'he would have been in the top couple over the preseason in terms of form and consistency - he'd be a walk up start for round 1 i reckon and he's earnt a lot of respect over the pre season'

Now all he has to do is get his hands on the footy during a game and show all the doubters right?

Mate, you need to get out more, and stop worrying so much!

No I just need the game to start, so I stop dribbling

Gary Lyon certainly rates Jimmy Toumpas, suggesting in todays Age " For Jimmy Toumpas to continue to develop and showcase his skills under pressure"

Yep, well lets hope so!

I will be watching for signs of this.

Gary Lyon certainly rates Jimmy Toumpas, suggesting in todays Age " For Jimmy Toumpas to continue to develop and showcase his skills under pressure"

Yep, well lets hope so!

I will be watching for signs of this.

I think the Toump will be fine, he hasn't even started his 2nd season yet. however I'd like to see him spend more time developing in the 2's.

Having Roos in charge will guarantee Toump develops well and I'm confident he will blossom into the role.

The Watts and Trengoves of the team have been poorly developed like all our high draft picks, and hopefully Roos can finally unlock their full potential.