Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Perfect doublespeak

We dont know what they were injected with but its perfectly safe.

• Like 2

Im with you Red. Dont want Thompson (hypocrite) anywhere near us. Hope the "thrown" book collects him also on way through.

So,harcourt stands in front of his peers and says.

We have players who were given hgh.cjc and other illicit drugs.

And the story is EFC arent happy,that harcourt made these admissions of essendons guilt?

• Like 1

At what point does even the patience (for want of other explanations ) of the AFL expire

At what point does even the patience (for want of other explanations ) of the AFL expire

Yes that will be interesting. How long do they let this rogue club tarnish the game?

• Like 1

Bomber Thompson is refusing to pay the fine from last August because he reckons the AFL breached a "non disparagement" agreement because of what its chief medical officer told a conference in Switzerland. I don't think Thompson got a mention at all in the speech so how on earth was he disparaged?

Peter Jackson please take note . We don't want weasels at our club.

Where does this idea of Bomba Thompson coming to Melbourne come from??

Its the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

1. he doesn't want to coach.

2. We don't want anyone from that stinking pile of a club in the last 3 years ever near our club

3. He ain;t that good.

4. His personal reputation is very sullied - ask those at Geelong

• Like 2

So,harcourt stands in front of his peers and says.

We have players who were given hgh.cjc and other illicit drugs.

And the story is EFC arent happy,that harcourt made these admissions of essendons guilt?

Essendon apologists are also saying that it was unfair for Harcourt to say what he said because now everyone is speculating who the miscreants who were retired or rested temporarily might be. Another desperate attempt to muckefuck and deflect from the real issue. I cannot see how this can be a breach of confidentiality and privacy as no names or clubs were mentioned. This was said at an anti doping conference which is not for public consumption and where such issues should be discussed. And it was Essendon who made sure this once unknown speech was blasted all over the media so that now everyone knows and can speculate to their hearts content.

On a lighter note, there is a sport that's not to my knowledge subject to the WADA Code but you can watch it today on ESPN and Eurosport Channel where it's being screened at various times during the day ~ the 2014 Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest which takes place every year on 4 July at Coney Island, New York. I was lucky enough to be there a month ago today to taste one of those magnificent hot dogs (I had mine with chili sauce). Guaranteed no peptides in the recipe.

Thanks for the heads up WJ. It was truly riveting stuff and I can understand why these magnificent athletes have no need for going on any weight programmes. :lol:

http://huff.to/1xgmbSl

Joey “Jaws” Chestnut Devours 61 Hot Dogs To Win The Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest

Where does this idea of Bomba Thompson coming to Melbourne come from??

Its the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

1. he doesn't want to coach.

2. We don't want anyone from that stinking pile of a club in the last 3 years ever near our club

3. He ain;t that good.

4. His personal reputation is very sullied - ask those at Geelong

http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/36430-dees-to-talk-to-thompson/?hl=thompson

Who is running the comp. essendon or the AFL. Its time Gill came out and made a stand on some things. Firstly Mark should be made to pay the fine otherwise he gets away with it and if Andrew was still in charge he would have come out and made a comment about it. I know Gill isnt Andrew but it feels like essendon thinks its running the comp.

AFL seems quite Gillable currently

I have tuned out of any media shows that Robbo is currently on. His cheer leading for Hird and Essendon is gone way beyond bias and is totally unprofessional.

His obsession against AFL, ASADA and anyone outside of Essendon is nonsensical for a senior journo.

Any smokescreen to avoid the real issue Robbo.....your a disgrace

• Like 3

I think that Essendon is just digging a bigger hole for themselve, where Asada was prepared to do deals with Essendon some of that may now disappear from the table. If Essendon is allowed to get away with their players having banned substances and surviving the penalties all other sportsman have to suffer then all of sport will be worse for it. I have heard a lot about essendon trying to keep the players names out of the papers for their own welfare no duty of care, but sadly do not even know what they were injected with, nor have they to my knowledge come up with a health and monitoring program to check on the impact. Being able to check on their health actually means you need to understand what they were injected with, which Essendon obviously believes neither the players or Asada need to know. It appears that essendons actions are to do with Essendon and coaches, not the players. There has been precious little responsibility taken by senor people at Essendon for the damage they could have done to the sport, the club and to the players themselves. The AFL has in my opinion been trying to smooth things over with the intention of sweeping this all under the carpet to make it go away, i.e. similar to the tanking investigation that only investigated one club. Essendon now believes they were tricked into being honest due to the AFL's involvement, whereas they would not need to have be so honest if Asada was doing the investigation alone. you have to ask what are these guys smoking.

gill has yet to make a stand on anything.

his standard response thus far has been "i don't know".

. I reckon saying absolutely nothing is the right thing ATM. One to comment means dancing to the efc's tune. Two what do they have to anwer to. Nothing new has happened. The conference was in 2013. Its only in the news because the hird Murdoch PR machine has decided to air it now to advance their own agenda. Three - and to mind the best reason - the silence from the afl must be infuriating to little, hird and their media lap dogs. Finally it gives the story no credence or oxygen. Good strategy I reckon Edited by binman
  • Like 2

Second, what did Harcourt say that in any way that allows him to suggest that he now shouldn't pay the fine?

His argument is that the AFL breached or repudiated the agreement via Harcourt making those statements in November. Who knows when he was supposed to have paid, but the argument is that the agreement has fallen through, either because the AFL has breached it, or because the AFL has shown it isn't going to be bound by it (repudiation).

Either way, it's yet another side-show generated by Essendon and aimed at distracting attention from the real issues, again.

Disclosure will take away most of any surprise factor I'd imagine but is quite possible they have underestimated the veraciry of what ASADA have in store.

Only Essendon understand any value of their stance as the rest of the football world..Indeed public consider them dog food.

Disclosure will take away most of any surprise factor I'd imagine but is quite possible they have underestimated the veraciry of what ASADA have in store.

Only Essendon understand any value of their stance as the rest of the football world..Indeed public consider them dog food.

My dog eats a lot of things, but I suspect even he would turn up his nose at that ... :)

• Like 1

David Evans to reappear in Essendon court case

""I keep hearing quite rightly that Essendon are having counselling meetings with the parents and players and reassuring them they are doing everything and reassuring them that their medical advice is that there are no long-term side effects," he said on 3AW.

"I don't know how they can say that because on the other hand both ASADA and Essendon are saying we don't have exact knowledge of what was injected in the clear vials." Those vials were organised by Dank. -doc larkins"

• Like 4

I have tuned out of any media shows that Robbo is currently on. His cheer leading for Hird and Essendon is gone way beyond bias and is totally unprofessional.

His obsession against AFL, ASADA and anyone outside of Essendon is nonsensical for a senior journo.

Any smokescreen to avoid the real issue Robbo.....your a disgrace

Have done the same. Turned SEN off and avoiding TV shows with him. Someone rang up SEN a few weeks ago and asked him why he was so biased. Robinson savaged the poor guy and the other SEN crew on at the same just laughed along with him.

As to why, who cares. He has lost all credibility and his future as a journalist is surely limited.

• Like 1

Hardly a VICTIM

• Like 1

Hardly a VICTIM

Oh but Armstrong is a victim, as is the Essendon Football Club, its coaches, club doctor and its players. A victim of the system within which they operate and of their own greed. As are those who Tim Lane describes in the article below as the "blind zealots" who support them. But they also happen to be bullies who believe they have been given privileges in life that entitle them to be so, whether we're talking Paul Little, the Murdoch bosses and their minions at Foxtel, in the Herald Sun and the Australian, their lawyers and PR merchants. That's why their particular brand of victimhood must not be permitted to overreach the rights of the clean athletes who work their backsides off to succeed in their sport.

Lance Armstrong and the loss of innocence

When Ben Johnson was nabbed at the Seoul Olympic Games I remember feeling a sense of hope that the tide was turning against the drug cheats. That incident is now more than a quarter of a century ago and still the deception goes on. And more than ever the clean performances of great athletes are questioned because the seeds of doubt have been so effectively sewn by the cheats.

The genie is out of the bottle and one wonders whether it can ever be recaptured.

• Like 2