• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

The way I read the AFL statement was "We are charging based on the interim report, and the interim report only. More charges may follow if more evidence comes to light."

My knowledge of the interim report is that it did not name any players, as to name players ASADA would need to issue infraction notices. Following the conclusion of the investigation, which will hopefully include interview with Dank (forced under new laws) ASADA should issue a final report which will then either name players or not. Subsequent to that, I imagine that the WADA will be reviewing the brief of evidence to ensure that the correct procedure has been followed and all is above order.

That means, player charges could still follow, and it could be any time in the next 12 months realistically before that process is complete.

It seems bizarre to me that Jobe Watson would be tweeting, and that the EFC would be making statements, about players being exonerated. It clearly isn't the case.

I can't see any more charges being laid. Bombers will get the same type of punishment we received. Big fine,suspensions and maybe picks. It makes me filthy angry. The Lawyer at the press conference said WADA claim AOD is prohibited but the interim report shows no evidence of AOD use in individuals so no individual charges will be laid at this time. Bloody Watson admitted it! He and the rest of his team mates will get nothing whilst Saad will get two years for a protein shake. A disgrace.

How ASADA cannot compel Dank to speak is beyond me. They have the power......

All

Shouting

And

Doesnt

Act

I bet Chief sitting bull went over the waters to pow wow with The WaDa Tribe, to outline the 'story of a very sad times', when Tatonka were aplenty, & hunting was quick & clean, before the fleeing Tatonka shyte hit the ground.

whilst there with the WaDa tribe, the renowned rogue warrior A-rod was ordered from the village, whilst all tribes people watched on.

sitting bull was said to be very interested in the outcomes of these tribal trials, & was keen to listen to the fellow Chiefs stories of how things should be. & would be. the tribes wise men were sort for their wisdoms & directions.

..... sitting bull was seen reflecting on the 'story of a very sad times' on his journey homeward...

Haha! Tatonka... Brilliant. Too much time on your hands, but brilliant!

The way I read the AFL statement was "We are charging based on the interim report, and the interim report only. More charges may follow if more evidence comes to light."

My knowledge of the interim report is that it did not name any players, as to name players ASADA would need to issue infraction notices. Following the conclusion of the investigation, which will hopefully include interview with Dank (forced under new laws) ASADA should issue a final report which will then either name players or not. Subsequent to that, I imagine that the WADA will be reviewing the brief of evidence to ensure that the correct procedure has been followed and all is above order.

That means, player charges could still follow, and it could be any time in the next 12 months realistically before that process is complete.

It seems bizarre to me that Jobe Watson would be tweeting, and that the EFC would be making statements, about players being exonerated. It clearly isn't the case.

I do hope the above is the case, we seem to be very quick to look for the result. I do hope that the USADA, LA scenario is the example followed even if that mean it is stiff for Trenners.

Wada/ ASADA wont be lying down on this , despite the euphoria of essendon supporters. The interim report was about governance issues. Asada like any government organization dont fit a time line to suit AFL/EFC. They are in no rush to finish because if they dont spend the budget this year they will get less next year. They will want to cross their T and dot their I's so the big boss does not lose her job for a stuff up exploited by EFC.If the AFL thought they only took vitamins as per mcveigh comment in Feb they wouldnt be charging efc etc for bringing the game in disrepute.

Dank knows what he gave them. His legal fees and fines will bury him( unless paid by a generous third party). Asada are in no rush to finish this case. As we know you a positive test is not needed to get a 2 year suspension ( wade lees).

• Like 1

Firstly, the power of WADA and ASADA stops at the water's edge. They can only will sports to follow their recommendations.

Secondly, the players can wait, but Essendon's fate has to be decided before the finals.

I'm not so sure.

There are 17 other clubs with an interest in this. If ess get a slap on the wrist, the message will be that pushing pharmaceutical boundaries is ok, just shred any evidence. Players, you can take this stuff, just plead ignorance.

For God's sake we have been reading all season, that wada DO NOT accept a plea of ignorance from athletes, as an excuse.

It can't happen.

It won't happen.

As a Carlton supporting friend of mine said, "I want them to hurt, not just this year, but for a decade, like we had to"

• Like 1

the message is already out there.. If youre a power club, you have clout

if youre like us...just lay down and assume the status of doormat.

nothing's changed has it

• Like 2

How ASADA cannot compel Dank to speak is beyond me. They have the power......

They will, but it is more than Essendon that they need his evidence on and it could take a fair while for them to get the questions together before Dank is brought in. They have only just started with the NRL and he is also involved in some of that plus other AFL clubs including ours.

This unfortunately has a long way to run yet.

Ill give those Messheads one thing, they certainly have cohunas.

Im green

• Like 1

the message is already out there.. If youre a power club, you have clout

if youre like us...just lay down and assume the status of doormat.

nothing's changed has it

Have to agree here. The media are [censored] off with the delays because the Dons are in there with QCs, these days SC's at 20 paces, threatening the AFL that if you charge us we will see you in court. Wish we did this over the tanking rubbish. But then we are on AFL welfare and are their lapdogs and no more. It is sad really.

The media are [censored] off with the delays.....are in there with QCs, these days SC's at 20 paces, threatening the AFL that if you charge us we will see you in court. Wish we did this over the tanking rubbish. But then we are on AFL welfare and are their lapdogs and no more. It is sad really.

As a matter of fact we did threaten it.

The AFL and MFC had more sense to negotiate a dirty situation for the club and avoid a lose -lose situation.

Especially when it would have been realised that we needed the AFL financially given the cost burden of the investigation.

You must wonder about the delusional mindsets at Essendon.

This whole saga is bad for football regardless of who you follow. But I am losing all sympathy with Essendon.

• Like 1

As a matter of fact we did threaten it.

The AFL and MFC had more sense to negotiate a dirty situation for the club and avoid a lose -lose situation.

Especially when it would have been realised that we needed the AFL financially given the cost burden of the investigation.

You must wonder about the delusional mindsets at Essendon.

This whole saga is bad for football regardless of who you follow. But I am losing all sympathy with Essendon.

You're right 'Rhino', but I lost sympathy for the same reasons a while back.

• Like 1

Reading between the lines there appear to be 2 issues re issuing infringement notices to the players.

The first is did ASADA provide any incorrect and non WADA approved advice re any substance. Dank has claimed WADA email approval but WADA have no record of same.

The second is the need for proof of which players were given what substances. It is the second that appears relevant to the recent amendment to ASADA's legislation which provides for a fine of $5000 per day for anyone who does not cooperate with ASADA investigations. In essence they need Dank to cooperate because Essendon have no records of their supplements program and this amendment may encourage same.

we can't blame Essendon for this... as the past era board would not have stooped like this...

only the current generation has ploughed so low to bring this on the club & the game. the shame & stench of competition gone too far & right off the end of the rails.

remember winning isn't everything, its the only thing! those college teachers teaching this sort of crap, had no idea where it would take Us.

its time to do a turnabout & bring back 'the way is the game is played', set of morals, & blood & guts footy with a friendly beer & laugh after the game.

I want ASADA to question Dank..........about all the other clubs he has been involved with (including Melbourne).

I want ASADA to question Shane Charter about his dealings with anyone involved in AFL - coaches, players (including Woey, Hird), 'sports scientests', etc.

I don't want a whitewash. As others have said, a soft response to this cheating will result in other strong clubs thinking they can get away with it, too. Of course, none of them have ever taken part in cheating.

I want ASADA to question Dank..........about all the other clubs he has been involved with (including Melbourne).

I want ASADA to question Shane Charter about his dealings with anyone involved in AFL - coaches, players (including Woey, Hird), 'sports scientests', etc.

I don't want a whitewash. As others have said, a soft response to this cheating will result in other strong clubs thinking they can get away with it, too. Of course, none of them have ever taken part in cheating.

You realize global warming is real right?

That would mean a 10,000 page report!

I don't really understand how the report didn't give evidence that any players were administered illegal drugs, yet the club and administrators were charged. How did they bring the game into disrepute if they didn't do anything illegal? Seems like Essendon have a very strong case if this goes to court, IMO.

I don't really understand how the report didn't give evidence that any players were administered illegal drugs, yet the club and administrators were charged. How did they bring the game into disrepute if they didn't do anything illegal? Seems like Essendon have a very strong case if this goes to court, IMO.

Think the MFC and Tanking and you get the idea