• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

im not talking collusion of Messendon and the AFL... but theres something funny going on here with ASADA and AFL

Not much different to our tanking investigation. Harm minimisation. Vlad does not want to destroy them but to pull them back into line. Hird and Little are doing their best to back the AFL into the corner though. If it goes down severely on them, we may be exposed with our alleged links to Danks. Don't hope for too much natural justice as it may backfire on us.

You are only a criminal if you are convicted.

I get the feeling that there is scant evidence of what they took and then some doubt on what was legal and when.

The next week will tell.

But my feeling is that Essendon FC and some individuals will be sanctioned ( bringing the AFL into disrepute ) and the players will not be charged with any thing this side of 2014.

Big fine perhaps JH suspended for six months.

Just wandered over to Bomberblitz for a bit of a peek.

My god, they are mad. Totally delusional. They see themselves as victims, rather than pushers.

My main hope is that they lose draft picks - lots of em. Nothing else will matter. Points? Seasons already over. Money? Chairmans worth a mozza, they'd pass round the hat.

But draft picks? That'd hurt.

To see the golden boy go down would be the cream on the cake.

• Like 1

Not much different to our tanking investigation. Harm minimisation. Vlad does not want to destroy them but to pull them back into line. Hird and Little are doing their best to back the AFL into the corner though. If it goes down severely on them, we may be exposed with our alleged links to Danks. Don't hope for too much natural justice as it may backfire on us.

At best James Hirds intransigence could designed to provide Essendon with a bargaining chip in mitigating the damaging. Together with the threat of EFC dragging this to court. The AFL are in tough spot as the determination of EFCs guilt is done by the ASADA body. The AFL can only determine that the club has brought the game into disrepute. And what evidence there is for that!!

It would appear that the leaked interim report suggests that players have taken a banned substance. There can be no where to hide for the players and the club.

It's in everyone's interest to get this closed and penalties determined as soon as possible. The issue is the extent of the penalties.

I don't think EFCs issues are close to MFC. We have a maverick doctor who had been in contact with Danks and may have exposed only one player Trengove.

And by the time ASADA gets a chance to finally finish the investigation then the Doctor and all above him right through to the Board Chairman have been shown the door. And any fine the AFL old cast would only be on itself! I feel for Trengove. Another episode of crap treatment of this player by the Club

It's in everyone's interest to get this closed and penalties determined as soon as possible. The issue is the extent of the penalties.

prey tell..why so.

Not at the cost of justice. Justice knows no haste or clouding urgency.

Let it take what it takes for the truth and its consequences to manifest.

The AFL read Vlad wants haste. ASADA may also for it seems inept. Cant have any failings illuminated can we ??

stuff them all.

It would appear that the leaked interim report suggests that players have taken a banned substance. There can be no where to hide for the players and the club.

Actually, there is a large place in which the players can hide. The latest mail appears to suggest that no infraction notices are going to be issued because ASADA has been unable to identify which players took what substances.

The general notion that Essendon administered someone with a banned substance seems to be clear, and that is going to lead to Essendon being hit. But I don't think any specific player is going down because I don't think ASADA can prove which players took what. And to be honest, I think that's actually a reasonable outcome. Essendon as a club deserves punishment, and they're going to get it, but I've always felt a bit for the players and I'd be pretty happy if they got off despite the club being hit.

A lot of them signed forms.. Does it really matter who went first ?

Actually, there is a large place in which the players can hide. The latest mail appears to suggest that no infraction notices are going to be issued because ASADA has been unable to identify which players took what substances.

The general notion that Essendon administered someone with a banned substance seems to be clear, and that is going to lead to Essendon being hit. But I don't think any specific player is going down because I don't think ASADA can prove which players took what. And to be honest, I think that's actually a reasonable outcome. Essendon as a club deserves punishment, and they're going to get it, but I've always felt a bit for the players and I'd be pretty happy if they got off despite the club being hit.

I wouldn't be happy with a player group running around with an advantage. I love the way they tried to spin that one a month or so ago that the stuff they were taking didn't give them an advantage, well how stupid are they and why would they take anything they didn't think would give them the advantage.

Sorry but you can't have players in a competition who have a real or perceived advantage over others no matter how innocent they may be. As a club they have made huge advances this year until they have hit the mental barrier now and Monfries, when was he ever likely to kick 7 goals against the Cats. Circumstantial, yes but if the club has been found to have used this stuff then they all need to be rubbed out unless Essendon can suddenly find the documentation that details who took what.

I wouldn't be happy with a player group running around with an advantage. I love the way they tried to spin that one a month or so ago that the stuff they were taking didn't give them an advantage, well how stupid are they and why would they take anything they didn't think would give them the advantage.

Sorry but you can't have players in a competition who have a real or perceived advantage over others no matter how innocent they may be. As a club they have made huge advances this year until they have hit the mental barrier now and Monfries, when was he ever likely to kick 7 goals against the Cats. Circumstantial, yes but if the club has been found to have used this stuff then they all need to be rubbed out unless Essendon can suddenly find the documentation that details who took what.

Agreed. There is a WADA code here that MUST be adhered to.

If it isn't the AFL and Commission must all resign.

If any MFC player gets done because of our shonky ex doctor then they to must be punished.

One in all in.

Agreed. There is a WADA code here that MUST be adhered to.

If it isn't the AFL and Commission must all resign.

If any MFC player gets done because of our shonky ex doctor then they to must be punished.

One in all in.

...our guys must have taken the placebo.

• Like 1

Let's hope so. But if Dank aint talking i would be a little concerned.

He lawyered up, therefore IMO he must have something to hide.

Just goes to show how smart he is not, he will run out of money paying for QC's way before the AFL/ASADA does. Then he will have to defend himself and we can all guess how what will turn out for him.

• Like 1

Bollocks. It wouldn't matter if you were as pure as the driven snow in all this, you'd lawyer up. What sort of fool would sit in the middle of this and not have legal advice?

• Like 4

Stephen Danks has a full record of what was given to whom, how much and when, he has not been interviewed by ASADA, but they now have the power to force him to an interview following the recent legislation by the Federal Government. Likewise, he can now be forced to handover the documentation.

It is also true that the world body (WADA) has the power to issue penalties which can over-ride anything EFC, the AFL, or ASADA issue. If they believe the penalties are too light they can, and have often, intervened. Essendon and Hird can spend as much money as they like on PR, and try and build support in the broader community, but it will make zero difference to WADA..

There are several journalists eg Robbo in the Herald-Sun who was inclined to support the Hird campaign, until he received a confidential back-grounding from ASADA and the AFL. He now thinks Essendon are "dead-meat" and they should take it on the chin now and should write off 2013 to get all their penalties over this year..

You cannot escape WADA, and neither should you be able to.

• Like 1

How fitting if after all those years of Richmond finishing 9th they finally make finals, Essendon get stripped of all points and the ninth places Adelaide play finals!

• Like 1

Just goes to show how smart he is not, he will run out of money paying for QC's way before the AFL/ASADA does. Then he will have to defend himself

Well then everyone that uses a lawyer must be guilty. Ugh. This is the 21st century FGS.

If I was Danks I would definitely be getting legal advice guilty or not. At the moment he is saying nothing so I can't see how he is burning through so much money if he actually playing a dead bat.

He would be on a hiding to nothing if he did not have proper representation.

Had to laugh on the weekend when James Hird was quoted saying that the Bombers deserved to play in the finals because the players had gone out and risked their bodies playing this year. Hird's declarations reek of entitlement, it is good to see one of these so-called power clubs get what's coming to them.

• Like 1

Ignoring your hyperbolic statement about innocent advantages (you realise that a better fitness manager gives a team a real/perceived advantage over another, don't you?), the point still remains - who took what, and when?

Stephen Danks has a full record of what was given to whom, how much and when, he has not been interviewed by ASADA, but they now have the power to force him to an interview following the recent legislation by the Federal Government. Likewise, he can now be forced to handover the documentation.

It is also true that the world body (WADA) has the power to issue penalties which can over-ride anything EFC, the AFL, or ASADA issue. If they believe the penalties are too light they can, and have often, intervened. Essendon and Hird can spend as much money as they like on PR, and try and build support in the broader community, but it will make zero difference to WADA..

There are several journalists eg Robbo in the Herald-Sun who was inclined to support the Hird campaign, until he received a confidential back-grounding from ASADA and the AFL. He now thinks Essendon are "dead-meat" and they should take it on the chin now and should write off 2013 to get all their penalties over this year..

You cannot escape WADA, and neither should you be able to.

If Dank does have these records (that's not a fact, as you're making it sound), then ASADA's going to need to get them soon, since the word seems to be that the investigation is winding up.

If those records are flawless and comprehensive and make it patently clear who took what, then yes, that is going to make it easier to penalise players. But those records currently don't exist, and until they do, the players are going to get off.

Ignoring your hyperbolic statement about innocent advantages (you realise that a better fitness manager gives a team a real/perceived advantage over another, don't you?), the point still remains - who took what, and when?

If Dank does have these records (that's not a fact, as you're making it sound), then ASADA's going to need to get them soon, since the word seems to be that the investigation is winding up.

If those records are flawless and comprehensive and make it patently clear who took what, then yes, that is going to make it easier to penalise players. But those records currently don't exist, and until they do, the players are going to get off.

Looks that way to me too.

WRONG

yep I think hiding the saga is the intended outcome, but wada states that if you are under the impression you are using a banned substance and your doctor is under that impression and you admit to taking the banned substance AOD

then you can be banned for 2 years

over to you jobe

• Like 1

You don't seem to understand the word circumstantial.

...but my point is that if they can't work out who took what but they know that illegal substances have been used by players in the club then all players may face penalties unless it can be proved they didn't.

Had to laugh on the weekend when James Hird was quoted saying that the Bombers deserved to play in the finals because the players had gone out and risked their bodies playing this year. Hird's declarations reek of entitlement, it is good to see one of these so-called power clubs get what's coming to them.

Did anyone ask him what he meant by that? All AFL players, even 'soft' ones, risk their bodies playing footy. So perhaps we are to conclude that they risked them in some special way, eg. playing with strange substances of unknown long-term effect?

• Like 1