Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Bombers have about as much chance of getting out of this as Australia does of beating Spain tonight.

But what if Spain are tanking??? :blink::blink::blink:

• Like 1

I just re-read (for the umpteenth time) the AFL's Notice of Charge, specifically Annexure A.

The EFC are cooked. The only form of Thymosin that purports to offer any recuperative effects is TB4, not Thymosin alpha or Thyomomodulin.

It was TB4 that Dank sourced from China via Charter. It was TB4 that the EFC was invoiced for.

Dank didn't realise until May 2012 that the Thymosin (TB4) he'd been using on the players (since Feb?) was banned.

• Like 2

Has to be the cornerstone of ASADA's circumstantial evidence. Why would Dank & EFC be injecting players with thousands of vials of standard Thymosin if it had no regenerative benefits? No wonder they're in panic mode trying to destroy the case on technicalities, because all the evidence points against them.

And for ASADA/WADA to find players guilty, the onus is on accused players to prove their innocence beyond doubt, rather than ASADA to prove guilt beyond doubt.

And in Tuesdays H-S there is a story that one of their big wig lawyers is the President of Athletics Australia. (I don't know how to do the link from an iPad)

Talk about poor judgement and a massive conflict of interest.

• Like 1

Essendon love when attention gets brought to the process of the investigation. Jeff Kennett wrote an editorial last week on it and he was spot on. They are trying to get off on a technicality instead of trying to prove their innocence.

ASADA’s AFL ‘deal’ revealed

Nowhere in that quote does it say a deal. It just says ASADA will be nice if they can be totally satisfied the players can prove that they were duped - "looked upon favourably" isn't a deal.

Under the AFL anti-doping code, a no-fault or negligence defence applies when a player establishes “they could not reasonably have known or suspected even with the exercise of utmost caution’’ that they were being given a banned substance. In these circumstances, “the otherwise period of ineligibility shall be eliminated’’.

We already knew this anyway.

• Like 1

Never a deal between AFL and doping agency

For the Essendon chairman to say that means he had not seen the ASADA document, delivered and explained to the Essendon players on February 20 last year. Or if he had read the document it was beyond his comprehension. There was no accommodation, if by accommodation Little meant deal. His comments on the weekend were nothing but mischievous.

What it did, all rather sensibly, was agree with ASADA and the Essendon Football Club about the manner in which way the inquiry would be undertaken.

• Like 2

And in Tuesdays H-S there is a story that one of their big wig lawyers is the President of Athletics Australia. (I don't know how to do the link from an iPad)

Talk about poor judgement and a massive conflict of interest.

I couldnt believe what I was reading. Does this Schwab actually mean this. Amazing rubbish.

I just re-read (for the umpteenth time) the AFL's Notice of Charge, specifically Annexure A.

The EFC are cooked. The only form of Thymosin that purports to offer any recuperative effects is TB4, not Thymosin alpha or Thyomomodulin.

It was TB4 that Dank sourced from China via Charter. It was TB4 that the EFC was invoiced for.

Dank didn't realise until May 2012 that the Thymosin (TB4) he'd been using on the players (since Feb?) was banned.

Dank didn't like to trouble himself with minor things , like 'other's rules or informed opinions" as he knows so much more, just ask him.

Hey Biggestred Do you know how to copy the Patrick Smith article? I tried to access it, but it keeps blocking me because I'm not a subscriber.

Cheers

copy the bit that says story-d3928y9wu or whatever into google and then click the link.

• Like 1

Essendon love when attention gets brought to the process of the investigation. Jeff Kennett wrote an editorial last week on it and he was spot on. They are trying to get off on a technicality instead of trying to prove their innocence.

When that all you have as a defence I guess you going to use it.

Smith pretty well nails it.Not a bad take on the whole slimy debacle.

That the Club has chose to not go to the relevant body The Court Of Arbitration for Sport and sought to fight some mythical battle in the Supreme Court just shows how mischievous and conniving this bunch of desperados really are; despicable really.

With any luck the Supreme Court will wash their hands of it and throw these ratbags back into the mire

Edited by beelzebub

copy the bit that says story-d3928y9wu or whatever into google and then click the link.

Thanks, Biggest, but still not quit working for me. Wants me to subscribe. Bit awkward with IPad. Too warm in bed, but soon I'll stir my lazy ass and check it out on the laptop. Quite like Patrick Smith (except when he's giving it to us)

Cheers

Last night OTC gill said "we the afl have no vision of whats happening between the players and asada.

That pretty much sums up the case,its all over and the big boss cant help and has made preparations for the future without at least 12 players.

My mind was thinking about If the players do get sanctions,will we ever hear what Evens,Hird,Dank,Wepp, and Little have to say about their media BS and why they ran it?

• Like 1

Last night OTC gill said "we the afl have no vision of whats happening between the players and asada.

That pretty much sums up the case,its all over and the big boss cant help and has made preparations for the future without at least 12 players.

My mind was thinking about If the players do get sanctions,will we ever hear what Evens,Hird,Dank,Wepp, and Little have to say about their media BS and why they ran it?

Well as that great episode of Get Smart proffered "the Jig is up "

Theres never been more than a whiff of officially conspiracy or behind the scenes shenanigans but Ive no doubt in this mans mind that there was something going on between AFL officials and Essendon even if not in any official capacity. The AFL has always , for mine, been desperate to ensure that whilst the club ( Ess) may receive some remonstrations that it wouldnt be belted. So much skulduggery. Without doubt some sabotage has been effected or tried on.

All of that now seems to have come to naught for whilst it may have delayed some outcomes they are inevitable. What I hope this demonstrates is that the pact entered by all parties is , as it ought to be , above the vested interests of the signatories.

Anyone know what's going on with the WorkSafe investigation?

Surely their internal governance on player safety was severely compromised. If this was a work site or factory it would have been shut down.

• Like 3

Surely their internal governance on player safety was severely compromised. If this was a work site or factory it would have been shut down.

This may well turn out to be the most interesting of outcomes regarding this whole fiasco.

There is absolutely NOTHING that the AFL, EFC or anyone can do to stop WorkSafe once they get their teeth in. The cynics may espouse that some political interference might surface. Time will tell.

Edited by beelzebub

wonder what was consumed at their Xmas function?

The EFC is a work place. The players are employees and as such are entitled to protection under WorkSafe.

The EFC have failed to protect their employees from who knows what. They must be found guilty.

I would hate to think what would happen to me and my business if I sent my employees across the road for injections once a week (to help them work) and kept no records. I think I may very well be in jail today.

From WorkSafe Vic site. http://www.worksafe.vic.gov.au/laws-and-regulations/employer-rights-and-responsibilities

Employees must.

• keep information and records relevant to your workers' health and safety (such as records of biological monitoring, asbestos assessments, first aid records and relevant medical information)
  • employ or engage people with the necessary qualifications or expertise to advise you on health and safety issues affecting your workers
  • consult with employees on matters that may directly affect their health, safety or welfare. Where the employees are represented by a health and safety representative (HSR), the HSR must also be involved in the consultation
  • nominate a senior management representative (or yourself) to deal with workers and their health and safety representatives in resolving health and safety issues at the workplace
  • Penalties

Penalties for breaches of the Occupational Health & Safety Act 2004 were substantially increased. The maximum penalties are now $1,075,050* for a body corporate END of WorkCover paste.

This is per breach! times 34 players then times how many injections?

• Like 1