Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

This is just about the only thing that can bring any joy to my football watching year of 2013. We have had another stinker to top all stinkers, but if the Bombers, and more specifically Hird, get shafted, I might just change out of my pyjamas, shave my beard and head outside for the first time in the last 6 months.

• Like 3

It's hilarious isn't it? By that logic, no sportsman or official should be done for drugs unless they're caught red handed injecting themselves on a park bench.

The explanation is clear - the whole club is scared of needles. That's why they don't know what they were injected with. They had their eyes closed.

(With apologies to most of the players - it's the club that is most to blame).

spike mcviegh said its all not true

say that again

and you were in the room when he said it

This is just about the only thing that can bring any joy to my football watching year of 2013. We have had another stinker to top all stinkers, but if the Bombers, and more specifically Hird, get shafted, I might just change out of my pyjamas, shave my beard and head outside for the first time in the last 6 months.

It's only made me more angry and disappointed. It upsets me that bunch of ...... could bring the game to it's knees through their actions and denials . I thought the club was bigger than the individual and the game much bigger but not so with these arrogant tossers.

There actions have hurt the game too much to get any joy.

As I don't think Dank would ever get another job in the field.......I just wonder what the implications would be???

Bans..??? Fines....????......If he is no longer in the profession how then can he be punished.......Just wondering..

i don't think dank will be questioned in any meaning way, if I sense the situation correctly. the afl & pollies won't want any illegal substances exposed if used at all.

they'll just want this idea of peptide use put back in the bottle & corked.

the genie is out, but the all the facts I'm sure are not, & imo wanted that way.

now i see that justice needs to be seen to be done, sort of, & some have to front up for their chop... & others need top realise that this doesn't happen again.

that would be the main game, to stop the practice, & contain the fallout.

Well the AFL and pollies might well wish it all away but that wont be happening anytime soon:

New evidence backs Bomber's Mexico connection

This will pique further the interest of WADA.

Messendon is screwed

The Bomber hierarchy are playing an incredible game of brinksmanship with their club. Pardon me for saying this but I think they would be far better of taking their medicine and paying the price for the appalling mess their own internal report admits was created by their supplements programme.

Sure, if they filibuster and take this situation beyond the 26 August scheduled date for hearing, they will get to play finals in September but then what?

Do they really expect vindication?

• Like 2

Jack im happy for this to peak after these finals. Bombers wont get far and then all penalties can apply thereafter .

Its quite disgusting the contempt Essendon are showing.

Their stories change with the wind....and its windy that way

• Like 1

Look at the pathetic article by Robbo in today's Herald Sun.

The Essendon supporting Robbo, writes an article, arguing it is unfair on those charged and in one little paragraph near the end, writes that the AFL says, "they put the health and safety of 40 players at risk". Robbo then says Essendon deny this.

What does he not say? Well how about this admitted fact, the fact that got the players off and hangs those involved, " yes we injected the players multiple times and we don't know what drugs they were given, or what side effects they may have".

Disgrace Robbo.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 2

The Essendon supporting Robbo, writes an article, arguing it is unfair on those charged and in one little paragraph near the end, writes that the AFL says, "they put the health and safety of 40 players at risk". Robbo then says Essendon deny this.

What does he not say? Well how about this admitted fact, the fact that got the players off and hangs those involved, " yes we injected the players multiple times and we don't know what drugs they were given, or what side effects they may have".

Disgrace Robbo.

...but we are not guilty

And you forgot to add:

1. their own internal investigation by an independent (Essendon supporting nuclear physicist) said they were running a "pharmacological experiment" and that the governance was "non-existent" even though the Doctor wrote a letter to the board that they never received (really?) and the CEO who claims he know nothing was signing cheques for around $100k including one for $60k.

2. The AFL warned them not to go near peptides

3. Their coach said he took full responsibility

4. the players all signed waivers - why would they do that?? Here is some aspirin please sign a waiver.

I am glad they are taking on the AFL - they can only lose and lose big. In legal situations where a defendant shows no remorse nor admits any wrongdoing they get hit extra hard. Hirdy is gonna take the whole club down.

Yeah.

• Like 1

Disgrace Robbo.

He is an ordinary journalist at best. Don't read the HS much as I'm up in Sydney but listening to him on SEN he doesn't tell me anything I don't already know in terms of footy. I know he loves the Bombers but I expect more from a supposed chief football writer.

Watching Roos v Bombers.

Hird's message is falling on deaf ears.

He's lost the players.

All trust is broken.

this is just heartbreaking

if you see tears falling down the screen ,they are tears of JOY

• Like 1

So ...I'm just trying to get my head around some of this:

Messendon first say they havent been up to anything, then its some sort of innocent amino acid supplement, most likely orally ( even now they arent too sure about anything :rolleyes: ). Oh, apparently it isnt oral its injected ( just a few 100 times, nothing to see here move along )

But we arent cheating or trying to. Just 'experimenting". Its no biggeee I mean they arent even keeping records. "We arent really sure what we're ordering or if its approved "( whatever it is ) but out shonky contractor experts give us a nod and a wink and a mumbled "she'llberightmate" and its all done over the road so we arent sure anyways. Its all ok as some of it might be ok but theres other stuff we cant even tell you what it is so how can it be offically banned or bad if we dont know what it is to look it up !! :unsure:

Its nothing really someone ordered some taco Bills and theres was some freebies in the bags, so why not hey !!!

But the coach assures all is ok and he takes full responsibility but cant quite remember what for or when or how many times but its probably all ok.

So thats it really, they werent doing anything naughty. :huh:

• Like 1

Watching Roos v Bombers.

Hird's message is falling on deaf ears.

He's lost the players.

All trust is broken.

Hence the meeting during the week Involving all players, player managers, parents ect. Not the first they have had. A player revolt is on the cards. McVeigh might take up occupancy under Hirds desk because he has known him for so long but first and second year players will and should be feeling betrayed. As you said the trust is gone. Hird is a grub, you've been caught, time to come clean. Edited by Al's Demons

Hence the meeting during the week Involving all players, player managers, parents ect. Not the first they have had. A player revolt is on the cards. McVeigh might take up occupancy under Hirds desk because he has known him for so long but first and second year players will and should be feeling betrayed. As you said the trust is gone. Hird is a grub, you've been caught, time to come clean.

Not just the first and second year players. Watch the excrement hit the fan when some players are delisted (as surely some would be in the normal course of events). Health concerns could be in the courts for years. And I suspect the AFL may be a co-defendent.

Messendon would like this to be ending but its really only just starting.

For people to say the weight of it has finally hot the players and they are only now playing poorly doesn't ring true for me. They have not won a game in the month of August under that responsibility dodger. It is a pattern of under performance at the pointy end of the season. Of course it is not his fault it is ASADA and the AFL's.