Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Cronulla stood down coach , sacked footy manager, dr, physio, conditioner,. Danks was there only a short time .

Will Bomber be the sacrifical lamb for Hird. Dr reid may go and others.

Cronulla stood down coach , sacked footy manager, dr, physio, conditioner,. Danks was there only a short time .

Will Bomber be the sacrifical lamb for Hird. Dr reid may go and others.

They stood down the coach while the investigation is going on citing management issues, he didn't know what was going on. Sound familiar?

They stood down the coach while the investigation is going on citing management issues, he didn't know what was going on. Sound familiar?

Despite not having a coach or four assistants, they won the first game of the season at the weekend.

Who needs coaches?

Let me get this right. Cronulla employed some sport scientists. They then sacked their sport scientists and coaching staff because of allegations of supplement use.

The same sports scientists went to Essendon and now they are under scrutiny for supplement use.

Why do I get the feeling the media is taking the 'poor Essendon' approach. They are a 'victim of circumstances'. I am outraged by this approach. particularly when compared with the slime we have had to contend with for 8 months.

Why aren't the media targeting Ess every day?? With new revelations? Demands for sackings? Guilty until proven innocent stories???

FMD I hate the media.

• Like 3

Let me get this right. Cronulla employed some sport scientists. They then sacked their sport scientists and coaching staff because of allegations of supplement use.

The same sports scientists went to Essendon and now they are under scrutiny for supplement use.

Why do I get the feeling the media is taking the 'poor Essendon' approach. They are a 'victim of circumstances'. I am outraged by this approach. particularly when compared with the slime we have had to contend with for 8 months.

Why aren't the media targeting Ess every day?? With new revelations? Demands for sackings? Guilty until proven innocent stories???

FMD I hate the media.

There seems to be mounting evidence against dank and his practices but it's all very quiet down here on the media front. We took the same approach as essendon and didn't comment but story after story was produced about us. It could be that it is a ASADA investigation and there are no leaks to the media or heaven help us the media have certain standards for certain clubs.

My guess is that the media approaches varying clubs differently. Clubs with strong a supporter base are treated more respectfully because those clubs could have a significant impact on the media outlets bottom-line, as well as being more than capable of funding a legal fight. Small clubs like ours are simply easy targets with little or no negative effect on the media outlets.

• Like 1

I think you guys are wrong on the media here and should check out what the Essendon supporters think of Pat Smith and CW's views that Hird, Thompson and Robson should be sacked.

Part of the issue here is that ASSADA don't leak like the AFL and it's harder to come by a story. Cronulla is the story at the moment because things are moving, Essendon will have it's day and the S...will hit the fan have no doubt about that.

It's not a conspiracy against us although I do think we were very hard done by on the tanking issue.

• Like 1

FMD I hate the media.

Rohan Connolly & Mark Robinson (both feral Essendon supporters) were immediately on the front foot in hosing down crticism of Essendon and Hird and rebuked other media members for querying Hirds position or the need for anyone to be sacked, even though the fact the investigation has had to occur exists as evidence that someone (perhaps many) at Essendon have failed to do their job(s)!

I think you guys are wrong on the media here and should check out what the Essendon supporters think of Pat Smith and CW's views that Hird, Thompson and Robson should be sacked.

Part of the issue here is that ASSADA don't leak like the AFL and it's harder to come by a story. Cronulla is the story at the moment because things are moving, Essendon will have it's day and the S...will hit the fan have no doubt about that.

It's not a conspiracy against us although I do think we were very hard done by on the tanking issue.

Aint that the truth...

Rohan Connolly & Mark Robinson (both feral Essendon supporters) were immediately on the front foot in hosing down crticism of Essendon and Hird and rebuked other media members for querying Hirds position or the need for anyone to be sacked, even though the fact the investigation has had to occur exists as evidence that someone (perhaps many) at Essendon have failed to do their job(s)!

Robinson has been defending the Bombers all the way, i cant wait to there found guilty, just to see the look on his face, he wanted us to burn at the stake, now its his clubs turn, the guys a hypocrite.

FMD I hate the media.

Join the queue.

My guess is that the media approaches varying clubs differently. Clubs with strong a supporter base are treated more respectfully because those clubs could have a significant impact on the media outlets bottom-line, as well as being more than capable of funding a legal fight. Small clubs like ours are simply easy targets with little or no negative effect on the media outlets.

Your first part about the bottom line is spot on.

Essendon players were last year urged to have one injection a week

It's not suggested that whatever was injected was a banned substance but wouldn't you think someone at Bomberland would ask some questions about players being injected 40 times over a period of months? Especially, the players themselves?

All of this during Danks' time at the club - and this part looks particularly ominous.

The Herald Sun has learnt several Essendon players were caught on film by plain-clothes police arriving and leaving the clinic. It is believed the clinic was under surveillance.

Under surveillance for what?
  • Like 1

It's not suggested that whatever was injected was a banned substance but wouldn't you think someone at Bomberland would ask some questions about players being injected 40 times over a period of months? Especially, the players themselves?

All of this during Danks' time at the club - and this part looks particularly ominous.Under surveillance for what?

The story was part written by Mark Robinson who is a Bomber supporter. They should count themselves lucky that Caroline Wilson didn't get the exclusive because it would have meant a week of damnation and poxes on the Essendon camp. The very processes that club followed while Dank was there look questionable and we might never know what was in those injections but I get the feeling the noose is still tightening around their necks.

All of this during Danks' time at the club - and this part looks particularly ominous.

Under surveillance for what?

Checking Medicare records!!

If dank's clinic was under surveillance you would assume it is either for illegally obtaining drugs or having possession of illegal drugs. The plot thickens.

Edited by cowboy_from_hell

It would seem from the outside that the AFL and former AFL identities in the media are putting a ring fence around Essendon regarding the drug allegations. Media, journalists and footy insiders continue to assert the bombers will come out clean. Where is the evidence of that?

I get the feeling the insiders of AFL and AFL journos are on the defensive about all this and want it to go away. Can't have our precious dream coaching team at the bombers go under.

If this was one of the lesser clubs, bricks would come from all directions.

Do the AFL think they are too big to fail? The smell is rotten in Denmark!

• Like 2

It won't matter. If Danks goes down the Bombers will follow.

This is above AFL jurisdiction. The article on todays HUN Backpage is fairly damming i thought.

Agree. I have been a bit suspicious as to why there hasnt been article after article about the bombers but as I have said and so have you it is an ASADA investigation they don't leak and they don't care what club or Player it is l. If found guilty they will feel the wrath.

Agree. I have been a bit suspicious as to why there hasnt been article after article about the bombers but as I have said and so have you it is an ASADA investigation they don't leak and they don't care what club or Player it is l. If found guilty they will feel the wrath.

Surely that wouldn't stop certain sections of the media simply speculating in opinion pieces every few days or so?

Or does that only happen to us?

Surely that wouldn't stop certain sections of the media simply speculating in opinion pieces every few days or so?

Or does that only happen to us?

i see your point, but opinion pieces trying to forsee and influence AFL decisions is a lot different to trying to make ASADA & WADA look foolish.

Just remember if the Bombers get done their punishment will be hardcore, so if that is proceeded by 12 months of silence...great. Give them no warning.

Weekly injections is deathrow compared to a cuddles off the cuff joke.

The football chiefs are both writing little because they have no source

• Like 1

Bomber Thompson's meltdown on 360 last night was pretty special. It was put to him that if circumstances at the Sharks replicate themselves at the Bombers, he'd lose his job. In the meantime he lost his [censored]

I don't mind Bomber, but If they are guilty then heads should definitely roll, Cronulla style.

• Like 1