Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

It is disgusting the way Demonlanders are wishing ill on Essendon and its players. They are just ordinary blokes playing the game they love and making a quid. You can’t blame them for medical and sports science mismanagement which has compromised the integrity of the entire club. What a travesty if a fine young man was divested of his “Brownlow” just because of drug issues.

Don't worry just joking. I hate Essendrug more than any other club. I wish them all the worst. IF THERE IS A GOD, he will let this drug scandal destroy them totally. The image of Jab handing back the Downlow is almost too sweet to contemplate. There supporters are the worst pigs god ever put breath into ( note. two of my brothers are Essendrug members). Why can't a Jumbo crash land on that training facility?

• Like 9

Supposedly, every drug they took was consulted with ASADA and WADA... If this were true, then why are they being investigated.

Why is the AFL drafting a contingency plan when/if found guilty of injecting.

They are without a doubt in trouble, I just home the findings come in soon. I would hate the guilty verdict to com in at seasons end.

Supposedly, every drug they took was consulted with ASADA and WADA... If this were true, then why are they being investigated.

Why is the AFL drafting a contingency plan when/if found guilty of injecting.

They are without a doubt in trouble, I just home the findings come in soon. I would hate the guilty verdict to com in at seasons end.

It was reported a while ago in the press that the place where they were injecting was under surveillance at the time. Does anyone think that the authorities didn't know what was going on?

It was reported a while ago in the press that the place where they were injecting was under surveillance at the time. Does anyone think that the authorities didn't know what was going on?

What happens to Mitchell/Cotchin tickets?

As a young boy growing up in a small country town barracking for the Demons in the wonderfull era of the 80's, I was surrounded by other kids that loved Essendung and their plethora of honkey players. When the Dees (and they did a lot!) lose they would let me know that my team were crap even when we didn't play against the clowns ..... This is still the case now, it may seem!!!!!!!! BUT I am awaiting the chance so that when they ARE found out to be substance abusers... The shreaking of my laughter will rupture their ear drums. Oh the joy.... I will wait...

• Like 2

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hird-injected-drugs-20130410-2hlvx.html

Takes melb off page 1 me thinks

Explosive allegations, dr reid being shut out medical calls , hird taking stuff that was banned? , players taking not banned stuff but not approved stuff and may be introuble under the catch all clause. Ziggys report will be eagerly awaited to see about essendons internal prractices or lack .

im trying to clear something up in my head so bear with me for a second.

the catch all clause.

basically every drug starts as illegal. a new drug is classed as illegal.

at a point in time either ASADA/WADA verifies the drug as acceptable or another body (ie a medical body) approves the use of the drug as medicine (for example, the anti inflammatory i sometimes have to take for asthma, prednisolone would be acceptable for someone who has asthma under ASADA but not for someone who doesnt).

this is where the catch all clause comes in - they cant possibly allow the newest drug that no one has heard of to be legal when its NOT CLASSIFIED SAFE FOR HUMANS YET - so therefore it by default has to be illegal.

ooops essendon, ooops.

• Like 1

Is anyone else going blue from holding their breath? I'm still worried we have some blokes who did the same crap. However does anyone remember when Hird came back after a year off and looked like the Incredible Hulk?

Anyway at least we get the 4pts back or are they just not awarded?

• Like 1