Worst season ever?

DoreenDee

I think we are very lucky we are so bad at the same time we are needed by the AFL. If this was 20 years ago, the AFL would have helped us die. If this was 5 years ago, we would have been carved off to GWS/Tas/GC. The 18 team TV deal has saved us. Awful year in every way.

Edited by Choko

We need 66.33ppg over the last three games to avoid our lowest scoring 22 game season.

Fun fact. Distressing fact.

Just another achievement in 2013

Easily the worst to be a Melbourne supporter. Worst results, worst coach, worst Captains ( I'm in trouble for that) we are just shocking. There's suburban clubs that could beat us.

Easily the worst, it's scary to think how many more upsides there were in 07-09 or maybe even last year compared to now. There is little that's right about the club and i'm extremely let down by how Mark Neeld ran it. Just because Neeld said player X was bad and wasn't AFL standard, was it really true at all?

Taught there from 95 for a number of years. Had the odd ale with Ditter out at Woorinen South.

Now this is a scary thought. BBO as an ex teacher of mine. Did we drive you that crazy that you became a 300 pound drag queen (or whatever your AV is)? ;)

Easily the worst, it's scary to think how many more upsides there were in 07-09 or maybe even last year compared to now. There is little that's right about the club and i'm extremely let down by how Mark Neeld ran it. Just because Neeld said player X was bad and wasn't AFL standard, was it really true at all?

A lot of what MN said in regards to the players' fitness and attitudes, while containing a kernel of truth, were mostly said for political purposes. I get the feeling that Neeld was a Matthew Knights in 2007 style applicant. The story goes that in 2007, Essendon had narrowed their search down to two blokes: Knights and Damian Hardwick. Besides the bollocks reasoning that Dimma missed out cos he couldn't bring Hawthorn's laptop, the word is that he missed out cos he told the panel things they didn't want to hear i.e. it will take a few years to get the club winning consistently. Matty Knights told them what they wanted to hear, or so the story goes, and got the job.

Cameron Schwab wanted the anti Bailey and someone who would validate all his criticisms of the old regime. Rocket Eade, while being realistic about our weaknesses yet seeing some strengths, didn't say what CS wanted to hear.

Given that we are in a day and age where the professionalism in top level sports has reached such a great height, and at all other AFL clubs (even those that are struggling to win games) you can see a real care from the players and a real willingess to make the sacrifices required to be successfull, then yes this is possibly the worst season ever seen in VFL/AFL football.
It really shouldn't have been like this. We have obviously been poorly coached and poorly administered for some time, but the genuine lack of committment to contest, chase, harrass and fight for the jumper has hit an all time low (going past the low set last season).
Even after changing coaches to a man who is apparently well liked by the players and universally respected in football we were afforded perhaps a few quarters of proper AFL standard committed football before the malaise resumed.
If the players don't drive us out of this mess with a changed attitude over the next 2 years we are dead meat and will have no reason to complain as the tripe we serve up is painful for us supporters to watch. It's painful for opposition supporters to have to watch their players run around witches hats, and painful for any neutral supporter who just wants to sit in front of the TV and watch some good quality competitive sport.

Well put mate.

• Like 1

Now this is a scary thought. BBO as an ex teacher of mine. Did we drive you that crazy that you became a 300 pound drag queen (or whatever your AV is)? ;)

I’m sure you are a better man if you came under my tutelage. BTW It was never the students. Rather sitting through professional development sessions did this to me. The 300 pound remark was a tad hurtful though.

worst Captains ( I'm in trouble for that)

There are plenty who question their selection as captains. You went a step further and made a thread calling for both to be traded now.

You didn't get in trouble, your thread was locked, probably on the grounds of being mind numbingly stupid.

I’m sure you are a better man if you came under my tutelage. BTW It was never the students. Rather sitting through professional development sessions did this to me. The 300 pound remark was a tad hurtful though.

Cheerfully withdrawn.

This season has been so bad, I believe come the end of it, Melbourne supporters will look something like this:

Minions.gif

dont think so...they look kinda happy !!

Sorry may be too busy watching my team in the WAFL finals.

They have a very good chance of making to the Grand Final.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You won't be celebrating the end of the season with a drink, or ten, covered in toilet paper?

point taken ^_^:)

Easily the worst to be a Melbourne supporter. Worst results, worst coach, worst Captains ( I'm in trouble for that) we are just shocking. There's suburban clubs that could beat us.

I can't see how anyone can argue against this being our worst season.....

• Worst win/loss ratio (this season and last under Neeld) by any coach in MFC history.
  • The appointment of 2 junior rookies as Captains ranking up there with the one of the worst decisions in AFL/VFL history. I don't blame them, i blame the orangutans in charge who allowed it to happen. Apologies to all orangutans.
  • Possibly the worst % over any 22 game season in MFC history (Stat Courtesy of SuperM)
  • Bending over to the AFL and taking the tanking fine/suspensions up the khyber pass without a yelp.
  • Forced to sack 2nd year coach mid season.
  • Falling on sword by CEO/President and a number of board members.
  • Appointment of AFL "annointed" president.
  • MFC forecast to make million dollar loss requiring AFL bailout.
  • MFC effectively run and funded by AFL.
  • Average attendances down approx 24% since 2011.
  • Membership down 10% since 2011.
  • Impedement to the AFL according to newly appointed MFC President, Peter Jackson, following review of club.
Edited by Rusty Nails

I can't see how anyone can argue against this being our worst season.....

• Worst win/loss ratio (this season and last under Neeld) by any coach in MFC history.
  • The appointment of 2 junior rookies as Captains ranking up there with the one of the worst decisions in AFL/VFL history. I don't blame them, i blame the orangutans in charge who allowed it to happen. Apologies to all orangutans.
  • Possibly the worst % over any 22 game season in MFC history (Stat Courtesy of SuperM)
  • Bending over to the AFL and taking the tanking fine/suspensions up the khyber pass without a yelp.
  • Forced to sack 2nd year coach mid season.
  • Falling on sword by CEO/President and a number of board members.
  • Appointment of AFL "annointed" president.
  • MFC forecast to make million dollar loss requiring AFL bailout.
  • MFC effectively run and funded by AFL.
  • Average attendances down approx 24% since 2011.
  • Membership down 10% since 2011.
  • Impedement to the AFL according to newly appointed MFC President, Peter Jackson, following review of club.

God I wish I had stayed off this thread