The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

I don't want Chip to leave but he was talking about it early this year.

Can't let this line go unchallenged.

Show us a quote, as all I've seen or read of Chip wanting to leave are from hysterical posters here. Have been to training a lot this year and watched him, seen him at numerous Casey games supporting his mates, have seen nothing to suggest he wants to leave.

Now feel free to back up this line or is it just made up?

• Like 2

Playing hard ball with pick 2:

MELBOURNE shopped around its No.2 pick with some extraordinary demands which were laughed at by some of its rivals. One offer which may hold some weight was to West Coast in exchange for midfielder Luke Shuey.

where then is my hope? Who can see any hope for me? JOB 17:15

A quarter past five? What kind of a job is that? Mine usually finishes at five on the dot.

• Like 9

Bucks, Rocket and Pert sitting next to me in my hotel bar in Manchester.

Heard the name Adams mentioned a couple of times. If Shaw goes to GWS you can lock it in I would suggest.

Bucks said he thought we might be pretty quiet in trade week when I asked him.

He looks fit enough to still play.

• Like 2

Playing hard ball with pick 2:

MELBOURNE shopped around its No.2 pick with some extraordinary demands which were laughed at by some of its rivals. One offer which may hold some weight was to West Coast in exchange for midfielder Luke Shuey.

wasn't shueys manager saying yesterday morning he wasn't going anywhere. All speculative reporting

I've got a good feeling about Shiel. GWS already have a lot of midfield talent with Coniglio, Scully, Ward, Greene, Whitfield etc. I'm sure they have got their eye on Scharenberg to add to their defence. They would know Shiel is a risk of leaving once his contract runs out. I'd say at the moment they are trying to get more out of us to see how bad we want him but I'd think that our recruiters will stand strong and it will get done straight swap 2 for Shiel. That's my take on it.

I've got a good feeling about Shiel. GWS already have a lot of midfield talent with Coniglio, Scully, Ward, Greene, Whitfield etc. I'm sure they have got their eye on Scharenberg to add to their defence. They would know Shiel is a risk of leaving once his contract runs out. I'd say at the moment they are trying to get more out of us to see how bad we want him but I'd think that our recruiters will stand strong and it will get done straight swap 2 for Shiel. That's my take on it.

GWS have said he is not for sale.

I'd be very happy with Shiel for pick 2 as well. Hard at it ball magnet - plenty of upside yet too.

It seems he went to GWS with one of their pre selections in the 2010 draft. Any idea what his likely draft range would have been had he not been taken with by GWS with one of their pre selections?

Edit - typo

Edited by Ron Burgundy

I'd be very happy with Shiel for pick 2 as well. Had at it ball magnet - plenty of upside yet too.

It seems he went to GWS with one of their pre selections in the 2010 draft. Any idea what his likely draft range would have been had he not been taken with by GWS with one of their pre selections?

Top 5

• Like 1

Im just going to put this out there. is Boyd just a bit overated ? is the media frenzy, gushing and fawning justified ? i really think this kid, good as he is, isn't AS good as the footy world are being sold. Like Watts ( had ) he hast played against bigger bodied oppositions to date. He's been able to bully the smaller ones but I think he'll come back to earth playing against Backs who know how to ply their craft.

Edited by Belzebubsy
  • Like 1

I think i'd prefer Cross to Sewell. Cross probably understands how to play in a mediocre team better than Sewell!

Then again the inclusion of Sewell might mean we tend to not being so mediocre any more ?? ^_^

• Like 1

yep I hear ya, just putting it out there, lot of fanfare re roos signing but all quiet on the western front..

I think you'll find that on the Western Front, they're still fortifying their positions, gathering their armaments and maybe a box of hand grenades to lob. There's been a few early skirmishes with some casualties, but the campaign will intensfy in the last week.

Even then, they may decide it's a ridiculous battle and all go home empty-handed.

RobbieF and such lamenting the lack of progress.... its early. Not enough skittles have gone over yet.

RobbieF and such lamenting the lack of progress.... its early. Not enough skittles have gone over yet.

Not a lack of progress BB just the trend of players not wanting to be associated with the club; there's a lot of water etc. but we are not a preferred destination and unfortunately that rules out a lot of talent that is floating about at the moment.

It's sad indeed when players will nominate clubs like the Bullies but decline to be even interviewed by us.

• Like 1

It's sad indeed when players will nominate clubs like the Bullies but decline to be even interviewed by us.

I don't see why.

Are you referring to Crameri? He's a FF. He'd never come here, with Clark/Dawes/Hogan, and the Dogs clearly can make him their sole FF.

Moreover, the Dogs showed some great form in the second half of 2013, so it's not like player(s) are picking a different basket-case over us.

If players start demanding to go to St Kilda over Melbourne, then maybe it'll be more serious.

Not a lack of progress BB just the trend of players not wanting to be associated with the club; there's a lot of water etc. but we are not a preferred destination and unfortunately that rules out a lot of talent that is floating about at the moment.

Robbie ive thought about that over here http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/35168-so-where-to-from-here-with-pick-2/?p=837590

Have to think left field .

3 weeks for trade week is crazy though... 2 weeks in total for free agency and trade week at an absolute maximum. We might hear nothing for another week or more and then the mad flurry in the last 2-3 days.

• Like 1

I think i'd prefer Cross to Sewell. Cross probably understands how to play in a mediocre team better than Sewell!

& the opposite is true

to get the players who won't settle for mediocre, they are the culture changers we need. he who dares to challenge mediocrity! to Win.

3 weeks for trade week is crazy though... 2 weeks in total for free agency and trade week at an absolute maximum. We might hear nothing for another week or more and then the mad flurry in the last 2-3 days.

This way the AFL stay in the media until the draft.....Then there is PS training to keep supporters interested all through out the off season......Clever really.....