The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

Or someone 'high up in the Club' is a euphemism for 'I'm at the TAB with my mates, having a bet on Dapto dogs, having a frothy, and I have no idea.'

I just use demonland as my "I have heard a rumour" source. I then tell mates and people IRL... occasionally makes me sound like I have 'inside knowledge'.

So no pressure guys and gals, but I need some more good oil... stop feeding me the carp :)

Edited by Oucher
  • Like 2

I was hoping for more developments today. Is all gone very quiet...

I know the club weren't surprised or even concerned by Col's departure.

Still early! FA only started at 9.00am.

Travis Colyer wanting out of the bombers, maybe one of the Dons players we are interested in?

• Like 1

Apparently on SEN it was reported that Dayne Beams and Tom Rockliff want out of their clubs??

Let's say that's true, we could offer a 4 year deal to either player at 700k . Trade pick 2 and spencer. Both clubs need a ruckmen.

What ever happened to that Jose guy that used to say cale Morton was our future.

Jose = Machiavelli. Not sure he ever said Morton was our future though?

• Like 1

Let's say that's true, we could offer a 4 year deal to either player at 700k . Trade pick 2 and spencer. Both clubs need a ruckmen.

They want a ruck man that can play, don't think Spence really meets the criteria as much as he has a go.

Apparently on SEN it was reported that Dayne Beams and Tom Rockliff want out of their clubs??

Like Song Formerly Known As, I know in my heart that we won't get either of these, but I enjoy the titillation of reading this stuff on the forums.

*snigger*. Titillation.

• Like 3

Obviously our best hopes rest with the Crows and Bombers. They need to get back into the ND one way or another and MFC seem to be the most prepared to part with draft selections for players.

Our second round picks should get the likes of Myers an co but #2 can only be used on a star IMO.

I would probably be offering Jamar in that case... he has more currency, while Spencer has more future.

Obviously our best hopes rest with the Crows and Bombers. They need to get back into the ND one way or another and MFC seem to be the most prepared to part with draft selections for players.

Our second round picks should get the likes of Myers an co but #2 can only be used on a star IMO.

An excellent point McQueen, particularly in regard to the dons as its not just next season they have to be concerned with. If they don't get some good young players in the next two drafts they will struggle in 4-5 years with the sort of gap in decent players that the dees managed with no draft restrictions

I would probably be offering Jamar in that case... he has more currency, while Spencer has more future.

Jamar... Yeah if they take him. We would have to offer around that sort of money to attract one of them, plus with Sylvia and Davey gone we can afford to. There's a handful of players that could be coupledc up with pick 2. Ruckmen came to mind because of Jolly/Longer is homesick.

He's how I see our draft panning out.

We trade pick 2 to a midtable club for a player and their first pick. Hypothetically, I'll use Collingwood.

Sidebottom and pick 11 for pick 2.

After compensation pick to us for Sylvia we will have picks 11, 21, 22ish.

I believe the club are extremely keen on Zac Jones and will get him at 21,22. We could also hope one of Dunstan and Sheed fall to that spot below. A big bodied inside mid who is more ready made for this year would be taken here too. With our pick 11 we take a better skilled player.. Ideally Matt crouch falls to 11 but if not a running midfielder here.

After our pick 22, we could have Sidebottom, Crouch, Dunstan and Jones to add to our team next year along with Hogan and hopefully Cross.

We don't need to do a whole lot in the trade period, everyone worrying that no players want to come to us.. All we really need is one. I'm confident this draft is where we can do some damage and our eagerness to trade 2 is that we see some talent that will slide. If we could turn pick 2 into 2 players it'd be perfect!

• Like 1

They also have posted their pick 22 will get shuey if they add Colyer instead of our pick 2!

lets not give them any picks that they can use against us, & cause us to miss potential players.

its good that 2 clubs are out of early picks. lets keep it that way, at least until the last minute of the trade period.

Christ ....we're going to need to hire a bus to pick up all the players everyone wants !! :wacko::rolleyes:

• Like 2

It was me, it was me, it was me! ......or more correctly ....it was I, it was I , it was I! but somehow that does not sound quite as egalitarian!

I love this site, it keeps me constantly amused. Post something left-field, or different, or outrageous, and you get a constant stream of invective from the know-alls.

I find it very amusing planting these outrageous ideas, and wait for the reaction. The responses are usually from the same dozen or so posters, which range from outright insulting to just plain ignorant. Rarely for something different is there objective analysis, or dare I say it, agreement.

Oh, and by the way, I know my suggestion currently looks ridiculous. I wonder how ridiculous it will look in five years time if Fitzy keeps fit and well. Sadly I fear his best days will be spent on the MCG in late September in a jumper which will not be red and blue. I'm sure that will please greatly those on here who have delivered the invective about this posting in the last three days.

I wait with amusement for the new stream of insults for this post as well.

Go on, I dare you. I know you want to!

PS By the way, I never mentioned Judd, and I said Fitzy could be better than Fyfe if he stays healthy with the right coaching, and is played in the midfield rather than up-forward. I never said he was currently. The overall point though was, we are in my opinion better off keeping most of our high potential\high draft picks and giving them excellent coaching, than bringing in has-beens, which is mostly all we would get for them given our lowly status. Fitzy is just such a player in the high potential category.

I've visualised Fitzy becoming a Midfilder/come tall forward, since we recruited him... hopeful he'll be able to develop well.

I still see his potential to, just as Ottens did.