WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

Good to see he can't spell Trengove's name like most Dee's people so he would fit in well. I find it interesting not that pick 1 or 3 would be on the table but that he would trade them for the best mid he could get.

Tom Boyd will go No. 1 (you know what happens to No.1's we pick)

We want midfielders, If we got No.1 as PP why not put him on the table to entice an up and running midfielder or 2.

Edited by Chippy

Here's a different spin on Roos' article. It is part of his interview process with Peter Jackson, given that Jackson pitched to him on the Monday night via On the Couch.

Just so they don't waste time down the track. Brilliant! They are using the media to conduct the interview process! :)

Absolutely.

• Like 1

I don't like reading too much into things, but there was one marked difference in his sentiments regarding our on-field capabilities. A couple of times recently he's said, "Melbourne supporters might have to understand that they may not win a game next year", which is a far cry from "if the Demons get everything right they could have a competitive team next year".

I don't like reading too much into things, but there was one marked difference in his sentiments regarding our on-field capabilities. A couple of times recently he's said, "Melbourne supporters might have to understand that they may not win a game next year", which is a far cry from "if the Demons get everything right they could have a competitive team next year".

That would suggest he is looking at the list pretty closely, he has certainly got an idea of players specifically.

The facts are he again had a perfect opportunity to politely let us down. BUT HE DID NOT.

Clearly this is an open letter to members, board members and the AFL of what his requirements are. He wants to coach us, but these things are non negotiable.

Unusual for me to look at things negatively, but he doesn't need to convince members of his position, just the AFL (and 'our' board). So why would he do that by an open letter rather than private talks?

Well, there are two ways of reading that... He may be simply making an observation and advising us not to expect miracles from whoever is to coach us next year, or he could be covering his own backside in the event that he takes on the role.

Unusual for me to look at things negatively, but he doesn't need to convince members of his position, just the AFL (and 'our' board). So why would he do that by an open letter rather than private talks?

He does need to convince members he has the passion to do it, literally the only knock people have on him coaching us is that he has no fire in the belly so it would be a malcom blight situation, it's clear he is at the very least not totally against coaching at this point.

He does need to convince members he has the passion to do it, literally the only knock people have on him coaching us is that he has no fire in the belly so it would be a malcom blight situation, it's clear he is at the very least not totally against coaching at this point.

That may well be the only knock, but I don't think he needs to convince us supporters he has the fire to get the job. We aren't involved. Sure we may well like to see 'fire' but it doesn't matter much to those calling the shots how we feel. Does anyone think that if he gets the job he won't express how passionate he is about it? Will any member call him a liar at that point and push for someone else to coach? We'll just cross our fingers and hope he means it.

Tom Boyd will go No. 1 (you know what happens to No.1's we pick)

We want midfielders, If we got No.1 as PP why not put him on the table to entice an up and running midfielder or 2.

There is a difference between putting it on the table for and taking the right offer and putting it on the table and taking the best offer you can get. Who would you want from StKilda, Brisbane, Carlton or Western Bulldogs to be willing to trade it?

That may well be the only knock, but I don't think he needs to convince us supporters he has the fire to get the job. We aren't involved. Sure we may well like to see 'fire' but it doesn't matter much to those calling the shots how we feel. Does anyone think that if he gets the job he won't express how passionate he is about it? Will any member call him a liar at that point and push for someone else to coach? We'll just cross our fingers and hope he means it.

We're the ones he needs to sell hope to, the revival includes getting respectable crowds again and all of those sorts of things.

still find this all very bizarre .

Bit like emperors new clothes . Its all out there and not much left to the imagination but lets not call it for what it is.

tis open flirting lol

We're the ones he needs to sell hope to, the revival includes getting respectable crowds again and all of those sorts of things.

Sure, but you have things out of order. If Roos is appointed coach he will doubtless say he has the 'fire'; why does he need to convince us of that now (given we have no real say in who is appointed)? Will crowds be lower because some supporters don't believe the new coach has the fire? I think not - improvements and WINS will be what draws the crowds.

There is a difference between putting it on the table for and taking the right offer and putting it on the table and taking the best offer you can get. Who would you want from StKilda, Brisbane, Carlton or Western Bulldogs to be willing to trade it?

Would LOVE Jack Stevens in red n blue. He has come on massively this year. As a young midfielder he has pace, decent skills, ball winning ability, goal kicking ability, he really is a well rounded package. His bursting out of congestion this year has been like a younger Judd. He's exactly what we need so I'd gladly give up pick 1 for him and pick.

I get it Paul...

you were just having a lend of us suggesting we could turn it around fairly quickly

but then again we can turn and turn and turn it around...because thats what you do when youre SCREWED !!

and we are sure as ( inser t fav word of disgust )

youre a funny man Roosey !!! yes you are.

lets start with Hanley and Rich.

as many have said it will be difficult to trade for A grade mids, maybe we need to look at multiple B+ mids with A grade potential. should get better value also.

• Like 1

My stupid post match/scotch conspiracy: AFL tells Melbourne we will give you Roos,Cash and extra picks. Just give GW$ the win.

promise !!!

• Like 1

Would LOVE Jack Stevens in red n blue. He has come on massively this year. As a young midfielder he has pace, decent skills, ball winning ability, goal kicking ability, he really is a well rounded package. His bursting out of congestion this year has been like a younger Judd. He's exactly what we need so I'd gladly give up pick 1 for him and pick.

If Melb gets pick 1 they take Boyd. Full stop.

• Like 1