WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

Ive never quite understood why this even matters. So hes eccentric.. Brilliance often is. .

Sheeds was/is out of his tree half the time... how many premierships ??

Look at the results.. If someoned wants to dress up as pennywise I coulnd t give a rats... If they get results

somethin like this ;), have a guess who's comin to dinner spotlight_clown_300713.jpg

:cool:

"Why not Lyon?"

Well for starters, he didn't stop coaching at any time and moved straight from St. Kilda to Freo so he remained a career coach. Money was a factor in him moving but he didn't need to be motivated in any way to continue his coaching career.

And you ignore Micky Milkshake if that is the line you want to draw. But then you can always find a reason to exclude him if need be, because if we look for differences over similarities we'll always find them.

You're seeing what you want to see, to draw the conclusions that you want to draw. Now I don't know if Roos is the answer or just another question, but the Blight analogy is wrong. Unless we are St Kilda circa 2001 and the bloke we are chasing is Blight, then the rest is just bunkum.

Whatever Roos is he isn't Blight, and it's disingenuous to suggest it.

Would like to here an update from club as to where we are at with new coach , president & footy manager.

Has been very quiet on all fronts recently. Surely there has been some progression they can share with the members.

I'm happy to be left in the dark, as long as the right decision is made in the end. We don't need to be updated every five minutes.

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 7

I'm happy to be left in the dark, as long as the right decision is made in the end. We don't need to be updated every five minutes.

Just checking in...nothing to report

• Like 2

In tomorrow's HS Paul Roos on who should coach Melbourne.

sounds like something with a built in flaw of design

In tomorrow's HS Paul Roos on who should coach Melbourne.

It will be interesting reading to see what type of coach he suggests, i'd have my money on him backing in rocket.

It will be interesting reading to see what type of coach he suggests, i'd have my money on him backing in rocket.

My money is on him not being specific, probably going only so far as to say we need an experienced coach and nameing 4 or 5 coaches.

The bloke is as vanilla and uninteresting as Garry Lyon when asked his opinion on things.

e.g What do you think of the doping saga Paul? well on the one hand you have blah blah, then on the other hand you have blah blah...

snore fest.

• Like 3

Seriously, just sign the contract already Paul, 12 months ago the bloke couldn't be payed enough to say something nice about us.

A fair assessment and it certainly tells me he's watching. Very few stabs in the dark. I love it. This could be the article the press quote from in a couple of months time upon his appointment. Paul Roos, come on down...

A fair assessment and it certainly tells me he's watching. Very few stabs in the dark. I love it. This could be the article the press quote from in a couple of months time upon his appointment. Paul Roos, come on down...

Interesting he thinks Trenners is doing fine but doesn't rate Grimes, i thought it was the other way around to be honest.

Interesting he thinks Trenners is doing fine but doesn't rate Grimes, i thought it was the other way around to be honest.

I completely agree with him. Trengove has great disposal, decision making and general polish - without OP. Grimes is a butcher. His kicking has always been suspect.

I completely agree with him. Trengove has great disposal, decision making and general polish - without OP. Grimes is a butcher. His kicking has always been suspect.

Grimes is a heart and soul demon, workman like half back, tough as nails but not the elite mid Neeld was trying to mould him in, Trengove isn't the same player as he was when he was drafted, even in 2011 he had soo much more zip, i am wondering if the David Mission plan to bring the players fitness up has caused these issues with Trenners and a few others who look to have lost speed, a full pre season will tell the story but 2014 is make or break for trenners now.

Immediately after last night's On The Couch, the Fox Footy Channel aired the Open Mike interview with Mark McLure. One of his jobs in life after his playing career was as an assistant to Malcolm Blight during his short-lived and ill-fated coaching stint at St. Kilda. He said he initially took the position at Blight's invitation. McLure made it clear in no uncertain terms that Blight's tenure was a failure for all the wrong reasons - that he had taken on the job for the money.

I want a coach who takes us on because he wants us to succeed where his predecessors failed, who wants to lift the club up by the bootstraps and who has the means, the enthusiasm, the courage and the commitment to do the job. I'm not sure Roos is that person.

i'm not sure there IS such a person in this day and age

Watch Buddy take the cash and go West for the one true motivator

Okay I will admit I have really doubted that Roos is intrested in the MFC posiotion but the article was intresting...

"One thing a senior coach would be looking at however before he makes the decision to take the job is stability within the football club." (was that a hint)

I love the way he sums up our situation:

Have a back line - Frawley, Garland, MacDonald etc.

Have a forward line - Clark, Dawes, Hogan, Watts, Fitzy etc.

Midfield sucks...... - Jones, Sylvia (but has some potential in Trengove, Viney Toumpas)

Once a new coach comes in and can give the group confidence and a couple already established good young mids (trade pick 1,2 or 3) the team will improve tenfold. As Roos stated it is not only offensive but also defensive where we are hurt due to our poor midfield.

"The midfield is clearly a major concern. At the moment you have probably Nathan Jones as the only midfielder who would walk into most sides. As important as it is to have great defenders to stop the opposition scoring, the main defensive and offensive weapon is a hard running deep midfield.

Your mids will create defensive pressure and dictate how many opportunities Clark, Dawes and Hogan will get.

However, it is not all doom and gloom because the current list has three potential stars."

Edited by Young Dee
  • Like 2

I'm glad Roos already recognises the value in Trengove.

I wait with bated breath for him to prove wrong all the fools that have potted him.

His performance has been disappointing the last 2 seasons, but those who wrote him off as a consummate failure are gravely mistaken.

• Like 2

Okay I will admit I have really doubted that Roos is intrested in the MFC posiotion but the article was intresting...

"One thing a senior coach would be looking at however before he makes the decision to take the job is stability within the football club."

Reckon PJ got his point across monday night :)

• Like 1

Reading that article has turned my mood slightly. Its almost like he is telling everyone what he wants done before he takes the job.

I believe he is strongly and seriously considering the job but as he said a president needs to be installed first.

Interesting he said if he got a priority pick he would trade for a star midfielder. And Roos is the type of Coach that will attract good players!

• Like 4

My belief as stated previously is that negotiations are at an advanced stage. The outstanding issues are whether the right people can be placed upstairs and in the FD. He knows the job needs the right support. He ain't no mug.

Edited by america de cali

Interestingly he mentioned picks 1&3 he must be putting quite abit of thought into this to come up with that as our ( at this stage ) most likely outcome.

• Like 1