WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

And Roos is the type of Coach that will attract good players!

This one of the major factors why we must get Roos.

He will attract players, existing players will probably stay, membership will increase and sponsors will come.

Would Eade, Craig or Chocco have the same affect?

• Like 1

This one of the major factors why we must get Roos.He will attract players, existing players will probably stay, membership will increase and sponsors will come.Would Eade, Craig or Chocco have the same affect?

Choco I think yes, the other two not so much.

Okay I will admit I have really doubted that Roos is intrested in the MFC posiotion but the article was intresting...

"One thing a senior coach would be looking at however before he makes the decision to take the job is stability within the football club." (was that a hint)

I love the way he sums up our situation:

Have a back line - Frawley, Garland, MacDonald etc.

Have a forward line - Clark, Dawes, Hogan, Watts, Fitzy etc.

Midfield sucks...... - Jones, Sylvia (but has some potential in Trengove, Viney Toumpas)

Once a new coach comes in and can give the group confidence and a couple already established good young mids (trade pick 1,2 or 3) the team will improve tenfold. As Roos stated it is not only offensive but also defensive where we are hurt due to our poor midfield.

"The midfield is clearly a major concern. At the moment you have probably Nathan Jones as the only midfielder who would walk into most sides. As important as it is to have great defenders to stop the opposition scoring, the main defensive and offensive weapon is a hard running deep midfield.

Your mids will create defensive pressure and dictate how many opportunities Clark, Dawes and Hogan will get.

However, it is not all doom and gloom because the current list has three potential stars."

AB SOL Ute Lee..... they need to know there is a chance to build a Future.

I'm glad Roos already recognises the value in Trengove.

I wait with bated breath for him to prove wrong all the fools that have potted him.

His performance has been disappointing the last 2 seasons, but those who wrote him off as a consummate failure are gravely mistaken.

his health has been disappointing for him, this last 2 years.... thats the only thing thats disappointing about trenners. when he gets it worked out he'll be fantastic.

I'm glad Roos already recognises the value in Trengove.

I wait with bated breath for him to prove wrong all the fools that have potted him.

His performance has been disappointing the last 2 seasons, but those who wrote him off as a consummate failure are gravely mistaken.

You can guarantee that as Roos has talked up Trengove, he sure as hell isn't a Demonland member.

• Like 4

This one of the major factors why we must get Roos.

He will attract players, existing players will probably stay, membership will increase and sponsors will come.

Would Eade, Craig or Chocco have the same affect?

Agree completely!

I can't see us losing a player we want to keep with Roos on board.

Reading that article has turned my mood slightly. Its almost like he is telling everyone what he wants done before he takes the job.

I believe he is strongly and seriously considering the job but as he said a president needs to be installed first.

Interesting he said if he got a priority pick he would trade for a star midfielder. And Roos is the type of Coach that will attract good players!

Funnily enough I got the same feeling...it was almost like he was thinking out aloud.

Looking more and more like we will get our man imo, for someone to do an analysis like that of our list, come up with a round one lineup, a man heavily linked to the job it is starting to seem abit crazy to think that when our president and board are sorted he won't at the very least give the offer very serious consideration.

Looking more and more like we will get our man imo, for someone to do an analysis like that of our list, come up with a round one lineup, a man heavily linked to the job it is starting to seem abit crazy to think that when our president and board are sorted he won't at the very least give the offer very serious consideration.

I think the exact opposite.

Why would he write such an obvious article like that? If he was taking he job he wouldn't be writing anything about us, he would be keeping it on the down low.

Seems like he wrote this article to lot us down softly and say the futures not so bad, even though he wont be part of it.

• Like 2

I think the exact opposite.

Why would he write such an obvious article like that? If he was taking he job he wouldn't be writing anything about us, he would be keeping it on the down low.

Seems like he wrote this article to lot us down softly and say the futures not so bad, even though he wont be part of it.

I suppose time will tell, the rumours and things have been going on for a long time though, he has gone from horribly negative to writing positive articles about us, saying we are an attractive proposition, i am not seeing it as a hopeless situation

Interestingly he mentioned picks 1&3 he must be putting quite abit of thought into this to come up with that as our ( at this stage ) most likely outcome.

IMO Roos is holding out till he knows if we get a PP.

Here is a bloke who spent his time at Sydney with no real quality draft picks.

Roos knows the value of high picks.. If we were to get a PP, he'd be mad not to take the job.

Paul Roos has a MASSIVE ego, maybe rightfully so too, but he won't want to fail and an extra PP would give him confidence.

MFC is the biggest challenge in the game and it's not a lost cause, especially given our talent and possible high picks.

Some might say Roos would've decided by now, rah rah, but if Roos has decided by now, then he is an idiot.

In that article, Roos indication that he might be interested, came indirectly when he suggested the next coach won't consider us till our board is stable.

I am glad that Paul Roos recognises that we now have a bloke who speaks sense - like PJ - involved, that helps massively.

If we can snare Walsh and a PP, Roos will take the gig, he aint silly.

• Like 1

I'll join the tea-leaf reading posters and point out that the only use of the perpendicular pronoun (I for "yes minister' unaware) was in:

"That being the case I would look to trade either Pick 1 or 3 for the best midfielders available."

A slip revealing his personal involvement/intention or just a turn of phrase?

• Like 3

[censored]

Dick

Penis

Pecker

Tease

Edited by McQueen
  • Like 1

I think he is enjoying the attention and getting kicks out of all the media

and pardon my french '[censored] with all our heads'

• Like 1

Reading that article has turned my mood slightly. Its almost like he is telling everyone what he wants done before he takes the job.

I believe he is strongly and seriously considering the job but as he said a president needs to be installed first.

Interesting he said if he got a priority pick he would trade for a star midfielder. And Roos is the type of Coach that will attract good players!

I'm sure he's interested.

But not convinced that the club as a whole, is capable of changing into something that can be shaped into a successful winning formula.

I sense he's waiting & watching, before he decides what to do, because this says he is interested in coaching again,,, but where will he end up, which state?

He likes some bloke called Trengrove.

• Like 2

If I wasn't confused and unsure before, i sure am now

It's taken u a while deeflog.

I've been confused for sometime now! (This is icing on the cake)

Edited by DemonOX

He likes some bloke called Trengrove.

I think Jetta will go better under a coach like Roosy as well, where contested ball & being responsible for your defensive side is paramount. he's the type of honest player that blossoms under those sort of criteria.

I think Jetta will go better under a coach like Roosy as well, where contested ball & being responsible for your defensive side is paramount. he's the type of honest player that blossoms under those sort of criteria.

It's that what Neeld was demanding from this group?

It's all in the way you milk the cow.