What do you want to see against Freo?

P-man

Okay, so we're coming off a week where it wasn't all gloom and misery. Some glimmers of hope for at least a competitive showing this weekend.

We'll certainly be up against it, facing a team already having built a reputation for its defensive pressure and keeping the ball locked in their attacking 50. Given our struggles to get it past halfway at the best of times, this will prove an even greater challenge, especially on their home turf.

Freo are however a low scoring team, and for all the poor showings over the season thus far, we have demonstrated impressive efficiency at converting our opportunities. Dare I say it, we could make a game of this one with a bit of luck.

What do you want to see this week from a team or individual perspective? What will earn a tick?

The same competitive effort we saw on Sunday, this is should be the bare minimum every week.

Just compete for 4 quarters and who knows, maybe, just maybe we could steal a win. Low scoring will suit us just fine.

I'd like to see Jamar dominate the ruck. Zack Clark & Hannath should be no match for him - and i hope thats the mindset he comes into the game with

I'd also like to see Nathan Jones have an impact even with the hard crowley tag

but more than anything i would like to see Ballentyne laid out by a Tapscott bump (or similar)

• Like 1

At a minimum;

- The same effort as last week.

- Some structure coming out of defense (especially with our kick-ins).

- Around 80 tackles for the game.

- No quarters with less than 2 goals kicked (by us).

- Nathan Jones getting a chop-out.

- No kicks into the man on the mark.

- No jogging to create options and no following your opponent by 5-10 metres when the opposition controls the ball.

• Like 2

I'd rather watch them beat a team in Perth like Freo on my television then see them beat up on GWS at the MCG.

The team's record since 2007 is entering catastrophic levels.

• Like 1

I'd rather watch them beat a team in Perth like Freo on my television then see them beat up on GWS at the MCG.

The team's record since 2007 is entering catastrophic levels.

I rember a couple of years ago we put up a pretty god fight against the dockers. we were coming back strongly and in Watts had kicked straight people would have sung his praises as a AFL forward and we might have even pinched the game.

Alas :(

I rember a couple of years ago we put up a pretty god fight against the dockers. we were coming back strongly and in Watts had kicked straight people would have sung his praises as a AFL forward and we might have even pinched the game.

Alas :(

Pretty sure the was a pre season comp game DWA..?

On top of watching the game I'll be attending a pre game function with Neil Craig and Josh Mahoney that's been organised by the Western Demons (thanks guys). Craig is going to talk about leadership within the club and Mahoney will take questions from the supporters.

From this event, I would like to get a clear understanding on how the club see's the leadership development of the Captains and maybe some detail on the program I can then share with you all. I'm not sure Craigy will be taking questions so it might be a little tough to extract much out of him other than what he has rehearsed.

I think Josh Mahoney might get a few curly ones thrown at him but an obvious one I would want a response to is why are we clearly going backwards when the reason for appointing a new coach was to advance in the competition. Understanding that we all have our ideas about this but to hear an opinion from the Football Manager himself would be interesting. I just want my belief restored by someone within the FD.

On the field I want to see the boys be bold and take chances. Over the course of the season so far we've missed chances that other teams seem to make and convert into scores. Just be confident and play with spirit and it'll account for a good effort and hopefully translate into an upset win.

Edited by McQueen
  • Like 2

I want to see Freo's 22.12 (144) Highest and 61 pts GWM remain intact.

No nine goals to nil last quarters either.

Edited by CHAMP
  • Like 1

Pretty sure the was a pre season comp game DWA..?

The game i am referring to was round 16, 2010 i think. Beamer got a corky early on. If only we could have a 3rd quarter like that these days!

FREO DEES

6.3 Q1 1.2 9.8 Q2 3.5 10.10 Q3 9.8 11.16 Q4 10.11 (82) Total (71)
  • Like 1

On top of watching the game I'll be attending a pre game function with Neil Craig and Josh Mahoney that's been organised by the Western Demons (thanks guys). Craig is going to talk about leadership within the club and Mahoney will take questions from the supporters.

From this event, I would like to get a clear understanding on how the club see's the leadership development of the Captains and maybe some detail on the program I can then share with you all. I'm not sure Craigy will be taking questions so it might be a little tough to extract much out of him other than what he has rehearsed.

I think Josh Mahoney might get a few curly ones thrown at him but an obvious one I would want a response to is why are we clearly going backwards when the reason for appointing a new coach was to advance in the competition. Understanding that we all have our ideas about this but to hear an opinion from the Football Manager himself would be interesting. I just want my belief restored by someone within the FD.

On the field I want to see the boys be bold and take chances. Over the course of the season so far we've missed chances that other teams seem to make and convert into scores. Just be confident and play with spirit and it'll account for a good effort and hopefully translate into an upset win.

Good questions McQueen. I'm passing on the Western Demon's function preffering many pints at the Vic Hotel :P

The Dinner with the Dees that they used to do were always good nights though

I would like to see Gawn blind turn around Ballantyne and kick a goal. Perhaps for good measure Max could give him a mouthful as he ran back to the square. This would be an ultimate highlight for me combining my dislike for Hayden, the comedic height difference between the two and my hope that big Maxy will one day become a star

And yes I appreciate Ballantyne is unlikely to be playing in the Freo back line on Gawn

• Like 1

We should have won this one, Freo kicked their last qtr goal late,Prior to that Matthew Bate went for Glory from outside 50, ignoring brad green lead from goalsquare, ball sailed over their heads and out of bounds.

The game i am referring to was round 16, 2010 i think. Beamer got a corky early on. If only we could have a 3rd quarter like that these days!

FREO DEES

6.3 Q1 1.2 9.8 Q2 3.5 10.10 Q3 9.8 11.16 Q4 10.11 (82) Total (71)

haha...you'd be awesome value in the trenches OD.

"Someone just describe it to me!"

From what my father told me P_Man I would have a lot of mates.

Seriously Until a couple of weeks back I used to dreed the approaching weekend.

But I have seen the error of my ways

• Like 1