• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Eddie McGuire tears Caro to shreds

What

Ed didnt miss Garry either. Gave him a serve.

McGuire also took aim at Garry Lyon, saying it was not good enough the Melbourne great did not investigate what's wrong at Melbourne in his capacity as a columnist with Fairfax Media and other media outlets.

"Garry, I am sorry mate, if you are going to come after me, I am going to come back a bit. You can’t just sit up there and say you are the host of The Footy Show and Footy Classified, Channel Nine’s two biggest footy shows, and then when the story comes to Melbourne just say: 'Ah geez, I have got some questions to ask'.

"Well, mate, ask them on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and then come with the answer and the stories on Monday night on to your show.

"We all accept you can’t go down and be the saviour down at Melbourne but you have got to turn up and be the host of the show. I just thought the show last night (Footy Classified) was absolute rubbish."

Ed loves playing games, copies kennett...

good imagination Ed .. would make a good actor, matthew newton comes to mind.

• Like 1

https://soundcloud.com/triple-m-footy/eddie-replies-to-caro

absolute gold, and absolutely spot on

Calls Caro out on all her vendettas and obsessions with Brayshaw, Dane Swan etc etc

Likens Caro to being a performing seal having stories thrown to her by the AFL.

Eddie is awesome, dont care what anyone says.

Yeah I agree, I think Eddie is a bit of a w**ker but my gosh i wish he was a Melbourne supporter. I think he does a bloody great job for his club.

We are spending far too much time worrying about her now; the tanking saga is over and she's no longer relevant. Not that she was before anyway.

She seems to be losing credibility across the board and if she continues with crap like that she will become an even sadder joke.

I heard that moron Robinson on SEN for the first time the other day, I wasn't sure who it was until they came back from a break; is that bloke the biggest ocker bogan ever. Seriously they ought to be ashamed of themselves for allowing him to be on the radio, he makes Ross Lyon sound like a toff.

I heard that moron Robinson on SEN for the first time the other day, I wasn't sure who it was until they came back from a break; is that bloke the biggest ocker bogan ever. Seriously they ought to be ashamed of themselves for allowing him to be on the radio, he makes Ross Lyon sound like a toff.

i find it unfathomable that he's the leading journalist at the herald-sun.

he can barely string a coherent sentence together, be it in print, on radio, or on television.

Likens Caro to being a performing seal having stories thrown to her by the AFL.

What else is new?

Everyone knows the chief football writers of the major papers are front and centre when the door opens at AFL house for a story. AD spills a mark (story) and Wilson Smith and Robinson are there to gather the crumbs for the AFL.

Just an extension of the AFL pulling the media strings. We'll scratch your back, if you scratch ours.

• Like 1

Eddie is awesome, dont care what anyone says.

As much as we hate Collingwood, you have to give them kudos for what Eddie & co have done for the Collingwood brand. I would kill to have a Eddie type personality under MFC.

Side note, I was told that Collingwood now have their own sports label... Is this true?

The Age writer Jon Pierik has turned into the lapdog for The Age's "Chief" attack dog.

His article on Eddie's outburst against the disgraceful Footy Classified of this week, reports that Eddie attacked GWS, Footy Classified, Garry Lyon and even the MFC. But not one mention, not even a whisper of Eddie having anything at all to say about Wilson! Disgraceful journalism as the whole point of Ed's outburst was to point out the bankrupt journalism of someone attempting to manipulate news agendas based on their personal campaigns against people like Swan & Brayshaw.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mcguire-denies-plan-on-swan-20130423-2icer.html

Perik's articles also drip with Wilson's hatred for MFC; for instance in his article in today's Age on drugs and Koch, he can't resist the phrase "The controversy engulfing Essendon and Melbourne...". Yeah, as if. Lumping us in with the Bombers deliberately injecting the team with who knows what, for whatever it takes.

My advice - boycott Footy Classified and The Age and enjoy this week's Melbourne victory up in Brisbane! Which will annoy heck out of Wilson and her lapdog.

Edited by heartbeatstrue
  • Like 1

Magnificent .... truly magnificent.

Loved the bits about the drip feeding from AFL to Caro. How obvious.

Has Vlad responded?

I don't think he was implying tanking but I do think he was making a point about the approach they have taken in recruiting and setting up the club. He comes back to it later when saying they will have to trade up to get some senior talent.

I agree with him on this, they should be further advanced than they are and would be if they had have had a real serious go at players like Goddard, Pendels, Cloke and co. instead of Scully, Davis and Ward. The strategy is not working, they should be winning games and not focused so much on a future premiership.

In doing this they've let soccer jump over them, I know they already had a big advantage with the sport in the area but they did get a head start. I think they thought they would get a couple more years before soccer got it's act together, they seriously misjudged this.

Yes he said all that. But he specifically talked about a winnable game and a basket-case MFC kicking its highest ever score. If I was the interviewer I would have asked him "Are you saying GWS tanked?" Of course he'd probably dodge that.

Don't we all wish our club president could say that?

Never ever liked Eddie but he does stand up for his club and supporters

Don (take it up the a$@E ) McLardy is so soft he has little respect left

What the hell is wrong with going in hard and saying what you mean

Hope our President watched it!

Ed didnt miss Garry either. Gave him a serve.

McGuire also took aim at Garry Lyon, saying it was not good enough the Melbourne great did not investigate what's wrong at Melbourne in his capacity as a columnist with Fairfax Media and other media outlets.

"Garry, I am sorry mate, if you are going to come after me, I am going to come back a bit. You can’t just sit up there and say you are the host of The Footy Show and Footy Classified, Channel Nine’s two biggest footy shows, and then when the story comes to Melbourne just say: 'Ah geez, I have got some questions to ask'.

"Well, mate, ask them on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and then come with the answer and the stories on Monday night on to your show.

"We all accept you can’t go down and be the saviour down at Melbourne but you have got to turn up and be the host of the show. I just thought the show last night (Footy Classified) was absolute rubbish."

Just like Eddie used to hey? Hypocrite.

• Like 1

The Age writer Jon Pierik has turned into the lapdog for The Age's "Chief" attack dog.

His article on Eddie's outburst against the disgraceful Footy Classified of this week, reports that Eddie attacked GWS, Footy Classified, Garry Lyon and even the MFC. But not one mention, not even a whisper of Eddie having anything at all to say about Wilson! Disgraceful journalism as the whole point of Ed's outburst was to point out the bankrupt journalism of someone attempting to manipulate news agendas based on their own vendettas against people like Swan & Brayshaw.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mcguire-denies-plan-on-swan-20130423-2icer.html

Prik's articles also drip with Wilson's hatred for MFC; for instance in his article in today's Age on drugs and Koch, he can't resist the phrase "The controversy engulfing Essendon and Melbourne...".

My advice - boycott Footy Classified and The Age and enjoy this week's Melbourne victory up in Brisbane! Which will annoy heck out of Wilson and her lapdog.

That is a seriously strange article, totally missed the point of Eddie's rant. Pierik's boss.

i find it unfathomable that he's the leading journalist at the herald-sun.

he can barely string a coherent sentence together, be it in print, on radio, or on television.

Yeah but when you think this is the same mob that writes cheques to Andrew Bolt; yeah quite fathomable. They know who their audience are.

• Like 1

I noticed Mark Robinson back tracked on his story he put him in the column. Apparently he apologised on afl360 and said the story he wrote about Mark Neeld and Rawlings having a blue was incorrect. Well im sure when you checked out this story and I'd assume you would have and they told you it wasnt true then why would you run with it.

jade Rawlings was on harfs show and said it wasnt rue and he rang Mark to tell him so.

So it seems chief football writers of both papers dont check the facts.

Unfortunately Caro has let herself down in the sense that she is a tremendous writer however has fallen into the trap of writing rumours over the past few years.

Occassionally she will still break a big story, but trading in rumours has killed her reputation as of late.

Mike Sheahan said as early as last week that he believes Caro is the best journo in the land.... regret that now Mike?

Never ever liked Eddie but he does stand up for his club and supporters

Don (take it up the a$@E ) McLardy is so soft he has little respect left

What the hell is wrong with going in hard and saying what you mean

Hope our President watched it!

I take it you didn't read his response to one of Caro's articles during the tanking inquisition where she called us disgusting and pathetic four times and said that we tanked?

From my angle the club had only produced a couple of statements, the usual "can't comment till after the investigation", the usual "the AFL has found us innocent" and the hard "go f$&k yourself Caro".

Also can someone confirm: did we and was that the time when we dropped The Age as our minor sponsor?

I noticed Mark Robinson back tracked on his story he put him in the column. Apparently he apologised on afl360 and said the story he wrote about Mark Neeld and Rawlings having a blue was incorrect. Well im sure when you checked out this story and I'd assume you would have and they told you it wasnt true then why would you run with it.

jade Rawlings was on harfs show and said it wasnt rue and he rang Mark to tell him so.

So it seems chief football writers of both papers dont check the facts.

I wonder if there was any lawyering involved. I hope so. Time some of these hacks were made accountable for the drivel they print.

Mike Sheahan said as early as last week that he believes Caro is the best journo in the land.... regret that now Mike?

haha who cares what Sheahan thinks anyway?

Mike Sheahan saying that Caro is the best journo in the land is on par with a king street stripper telling a prostitute that they are the most beautiful women in the world!

haha who cares what Sheahan thinks anyway?

Mike Sheahan saying that Caro is the best journo in the land is on par with a king street stripper telling a prostitute that they are the most beautiful women in the world!

given sheahan was chief football writer for the hun and kero for the arch enemy, i wonder if sheahan has some sour grapes with the hun?

Have to agree with you about Eddie Everywhere.

He is a brilliant ambassador for his club, and a genuine supporter of his supporters. I have personal experience of his willingness to take time out of his day to make a supporter's day.

All that aside, why would you NOT want a president who comes out, "guns blazing" so to speak in defence of himself, his players, his club. This isn't the first time he has had plenty to say. I would be happy to see someone with such a passion for the club as the public face of our club. We used to have someone amazing in the form of Stynes, but when he had to step aside we went from having a passionate leader to a wishy washy one.

I would be happy to have someone like Eddie at our club, and I agree with everything he had to say about the bitter vitriol that is every word that spills out of Caro's mouth, or her keyboard. Keep it up Eddie, it is refreshing to hear someone speak with passion.