• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Eddie McGuire tears Caro to shreds

What

https://soundcloud.com/triple-m-footy/eddie-replies-to-caro

absolute gold, and absolutely spot on

Calls Caro out on all her vendettas and obsessions with Brayshaw, Dane Swan etc etc

Likens Caro to being a performing seal having stories thrown to her by the AFL.

Eddie is awesome, dont care what anyone says.

Edited by hogans_heroes
  • Like 5

Everybody hates her, so why is she still on TV and writing articles?

Because her employers think controversy is good for business?

She spews nothing but vitriol.

Can't get it to play but I am glad someone is calling her out on being the AFL's hand puppet.

Her performance on FC last night was appalling. Sided with the AFL to rip into a club president.

Everything the AFL did was impeccable and everything Brayshaw did was delusional and wrong, she reckons.

Since when was it the media's role to play attack dog on behalf of the authorities?

She had clearly been briefed by the AFL - just as they leaked their investigation 'facts' to her over the summer. She is clearly on the drip and you have to wonder would she get a story at all without Demetriou's say-so.

The joke is the AFL employ dozens of journalists in their media unit - so why do they need her?

It seems no journo can afford to take on the AFL for fear they'll be frozen out, and instead the opposite happens. They turn into damn lap dogs.

The worry for us is that she was talking up fines and other penalties for misleading the AFL re Bates, Danks etc. We know where that's coming from and we also know they throw out penalties even when the offence is not proved.

Edited by pitmaster
  • Like 2

Actually I thought Eddie's response to the Swan to the Swans gossip was ambiguous to say the least, where he casually alluded to a chat with his 'mate' Gubby Allen about what Pendlebury Thomas Swan etc would be worth etc. Definitely thought his mouth got away from him there...

Edited by bush demon

I'd prefer to read something like this.

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/footy-supporters-lose-as-game-becomes-business-20130422-2iad8.html

Twelve suburban teams played six matches each Saturday afternoon on a home-and-away basis, and parochial passions ran high before, during and after each match. Suppressed class, status, political and even religious and racial hatreds occasionally bubbled to the surface in the fanatical barracking of supporters.

We Essendon supporters hated the North Melbourne mob and the Carlton mob. Collingwood and Fitzroy were the dirty buggers; St Kilda and Hawthorn and South Melbourne were the bunnies. Melbourne were the toffs. The Geelong mob were OK so long as they stayed down at Kardinia Park and Richmond and Footscray were tolerable as long as they were easy to beat

It was much simpler then.

• Like 4

[censored] of the highest order, I won't watch FC maily because of her.

Glad to see Eddie give her a gob full.

Llyod was right, it's a rumour with no substance that has been around for a few weeks and I bet she has done her hardest to prove it true, couldn't so she just throws it out there and then says "Oh just a rumour"

[censored], I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Mitch Robinson was her love child, flogiest of the flogs.

Eddie is an absolute [censored] but he really knows how to get under peoples skin. Wouldn't mind him as Melbournes president to be honest as he gets the job done though I still wouldn't like him.

Edited by Django

The funniest thing I found was when everyone was having a go at her for raising the rumor and her reply to Garry was: "Then why did you let me put it on the show?"

I mean seriously own up to your actions instead of blame everyone and thing under the sun.

• Like 2

Eddie is an absolute [censored] but he really knows how to get under peoples skin. Wouldn't mind him as Melbournes president to be honest as he gets the job done though I still wouldn't like him.

You have my vote

She puts it out there because she knows how to get a reaction. I guess she has been saying what everyone has been talking about. She is in a male dominated industry and has to hold her own.

There are other journalists out there who speak the same crap. Anyone remember when Craig Hutchinson went on 7 news and named Kosi as a rapist all those years ago.

Loved it! Put Wilson back in her box. Referred to the AFL feeding her stories. which was so apparent in the tanking episode and now the drug crisis. This is the truth of the matter... AD and CW have been bleating on about integrity when their own practices so obviously corrupt good governance and journalistic standards. I also applaud Eddie for his summary, which addressed the best way forward for the Industry. I am not an Eddie fan because I am wary of the celebrity cult, but I applaud his getting on the front foot here... and I find him infinitely more in touch with our great game than Caroline.

• Like 2

Early in the clip, did I hear Eddie imply GWS tanked on Sunday? Sounded like it to me,

I don't think he was implying tanking but I do think he was making a point about the approach they have taken in recruiting and setting up the club. He comes back to it later when saying they will have to trade up to get some senior talent.

I agree with him on this, they should be further advanced than they are and would be if they had have had a real serious go at players like Goddard, Pendels, Cloke and co. instead of Scully, Davis and Ward. The strategy is not working, they should be winning games and not focused so much on a future premiership.

In doing this they've let soccer jump over them, I know they already had a big advantage with the sport in the area but they did get a head start. I think they thought they would get a couple more years before soccer got it's act together, they seriously misjudged this.

The fact that it was clear that Wilson put the rumour across with Lyon's consent demonstrates the shonkiness of this sensation seeking programme.

A pox on all of them and their lightweight rumours.

Most of what we hear and read about this game is about lightweight rumours and speculation.

Sickening really ... and kudos to Eddie.

Lucky for her she no longer lives in an era where they burned her type at the stake. :lol:

• Like 1

The funniest thing I found was when everyone was having a go at her for raising the rumor and her reply to Garry was: "Then why did you let me put it on the show?"

I mean seriously own up to your actions instead of blame everyone and thing under the sun.

One of the first rules of journalism is CONFIRM THE STORY - you don't print RUMOURS. Back to journalism school for you Caro - in the meantime, how about a REAL journalist take her spot (and abolish that stupid Caro's Arrow segment - it's just an excuse for her to have a whinge about whatever is upsetting her - she should be reporting on the facts, not trying to BE the story).

• Like 2

Ed didnt miss Garry either. Gave him a serve.

McGuire also took aim at Garry Lyon, saying it was not good enough the Melbourne great did not investigate what's wrong at Melbourne in his capacity as a columnist with Fairfax Media and other media outlets.

"Garry, I am sorry mate, if you are going to come after me, I am going to come back a bit. You can’t just sit up there and say you are the host of The Footy Show and Footy Classified, Channel Nine’s two biggest footy shows, and then when the story comes to Melbourne just say: 'Ah geez, I have got some questions to ask'.

"Well, mate, ask them on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and then come with the answer and the stories on Monday night on to your show.

"We all accept you can’t go down and be the saviour down at Melbourne but you have got to turn up and be the host of the show. I just thought the show last night (Footy Classified) was absolute rubbish."

Ed v Caro

Pothead calling the kettle....

dumb & dumber

I thought last night when they moved the Caro's arrow forward to the front of the show,,, they were up to something, & IMO they set her up, probably encouraged her to go hard at it, then set her up via the leanto hutch.

its either a ratings setup, & designed by the Pies to shake up Swan, into going 'straight' ahead, or they want caro's scalp...

but it had 'NQR' about the whole thing.

they weren't integrity merchants, thats for sure. pure BS whatever it was.