"Tanking"

Whispering_Jack

Demons, Demons uber alles

Uber alles in der AFL

What a load of crap! Caro, you did not say this would be a settled outcome. Not even once. You said that both Cameron Schwab and Chris Connolly would both go. Not suspended but banned for life. Yet again you won't accept that others did it and deserve to be investigated. Maybe if Carlton or Collingwood were investigated you might be able to find an alleged meeting there and use some throw away lines to implicate those clubs? You sell yourself way too short!

After much delving and studying of the various writings i can for all sum up the whole reasoning for why Melbourne alone should be singularly punished !!!

It is best parlance avail to adequately convey all tones and sentiments....

COZ !!!!!

Edited by belzebub59
  • Like 2

I've just watched AFL Outsiders - and seen Wilson's latest effort to retain her credibility ..... " I've always expected a negotiated settlement" Rubbish - how about "CC and probably CS will go"

But again - after throwing up in the air a penalty of $500k ( "possibly watered down") she made the extraordinary admission that she didn't know what the charges would be - "probably disrepute" !!! Hang on Caro , the charge comes first - then, if appropriate, the penalty. You don't decide on a penalty - and then look for a charge !!Would you accept a penalty when you don't even know what you are being charged with?

Where's the evidence that Melbourne brought the game into disrepute? It would take a court 5 minutes to throw out that charge ................ no costly legal battle in that!

Come on Caro - you're still missing the point!!. You really are such a stupid woman............

• Like 2

I'm convinced that Caro forced this investigation not Brock McLean. Caro went to the AFL with a brief of 'evidence' from a disgruntled ex-employee. Its why she has run so hard with the story. AA was running it and I have no doubt was her liaison but the leaks as we are seeing them are actually her repeating the 'evidence' that was told to her.

There is no other logical reason she has carried on the way she has.

AA was right to try to sort it out, but wrong to keep it to just us as the target.

It is time to stop the rot, rorts, but the real way shpoul;d have been to get on the front foot & create a moratorium & they had Already removedd the Priority pick from its original ladder position form.

Next should have been to forgive & forget. move on.

But the afl try to show it wasn't their failing that the blues, hawks, pies, saints, etc had all been to the bottom of that Well, earlier.

political organisations like to have a head on a stick. Kero has led the hunt.

7004139115_94567264fa_z.jpg

Please let there be a decision today.

Mate I think you have to wait till at least tomorrow.

I think there is an AFL board meeting today.

I reckon there will be no announcement till the situation is discussed / approved at that meeting.

So that probably means in a hours time McQueen!

• Like 1

Caroline Wilson is one sad and done sports journalist. I have watched her appearances on TV and read her stories over the past months. It is evident to a reasonable thinking person that she gets so much wrong, contradicts herself and has a memory issue.

She is now in defensive mode and showing signs of siege mentality. Only those who are her friends will continue to defend her journalism. Her irrational sensationalist style is all she has left.

Easily the best, brilliant caller of the game on the ABC too.

Always seems to hit the mark with whatever he says at the appropriate time. Totally agree. Never seems to overstep the mark in his comments; always level headed and paints a good picture whether it be a local issue with regards to local football or racing (Black Caviar) or issues on the International stage.

I really liked the Jake Niall article too. Even down to his description of what we allegedly did wrong ('conspired to not win games'). I also liked that he put it all into some pespective against the current investigation into Essendon (Defcon one, in terms of potential fallout, compared with tanking's Defcon three).

I'm hoping that this can all get sorted in the next day or too and we can put the poor decisions of 2008-2009 behind us.

On a side note, I have HATED the sooking and complaining re: all this that has come from some of our supporters. If we keep playing the victim all the time we'll become like the Kangaroos in the 90's. Always went on and on about everyone being againts them. We did the wrong thing and we got punished. Now shut up and watch the football.

I really liked the Jake Niall article too. Even down to his description of what we allegedly did wrong ('conspired to not win games'). I also liked that he put it all into some pespective against the current investigation into Essendon (Defcon one, in terms of potential fallout, compared with tanking's Defcon three).

I'm hoping that this can all get sorted in the next day or too and we can put the poor decisions of 2008-2009 behind us.

On a side note, I have HATED the sooking and complaining re: all this that has come from some of our supporters. If we keep playing the victim all the time we'll become like the Kangaroos in the 90's. Always went on and on about everyone being againts them. We did the wrong thing and we got punished. Now shut up and watch the football.

You are playing 'the victim' right now with this attitude.

• Like 2

Golly - North won 2 flags during the 90's when they whinged about 'everyone being against them'. More whinging here please if that is the result.

Edited by sue
  • Like 2

The reason Demons supporters have being sooking for the last couple of years is because we seem to be the guinea pigs for rules & punishment.

Trengove sling tackle - given weeks for a tackle that had been encouraged as good technique for a significant period of time

Tanking - Investigated 4 years after the fact based on the comments of a disgruntled ex player

Scully - Seemingly had signed a deal outside of the permitted time frame, AFL turned a blind eye

• Like 1

Like most things in life Demonland follows Pareto's principle.

Welcome to the 20%.

When's Deegirl coming back to explain her panicky post two months back saying the club, CC, DB and CS will all be charged with tanking?

She has not been proven wrong yet

And as none of us know what was in the report to the MFC

She may still yet be 100% right.

mate if we roll over to those hollow charges we are dead. That is a victim.

The fight is not over.

Or should not be.

You are free to wave your white flag.

Edited by why you little
  • Like 1