• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Finals 2013

Deemachine

7 wins,gameplan down pat and no injuries.

Every player on our list improve their kicking skills on both sides,that's where is the game is going.Davey and Green kicked right foot 4 & 3 times in their career and got into all sorts.

Yes, how could we top this?

1. Team pre-season reveals them to be well off AFL level fitness
  2. Forward involved in suspicious car crash (and leaves the scene)
  3. Revered President dies of cancer
  4. Coach accused of racial discrimination
  5. Star forward involved in machete attack and plays one game for year
  6. Previous years B&F has sulks and has mentally left club mid-season.
  7. Key star forward breaks down mid season with foot injury.
  8. Club accused of tanking in 2009 and under investigation by AFL
  9. Club comes under concerted attack in The Age led by a frothing CW
  10. Casey in financial trouble not paying it's players since round 5 and may fold...
  11. Year is not over yet...

Go Dees

Gee PaulRB when you list them like that I get really depressed

Might go and have a Bex and a good lie down.

We would have to make a serious effort in 2013 to top that lot.

PS I did think of another couple to add but decided to think positive

• Like 3

Baily seem to think we where a shoe in for the finals at the end of 2011.

I'm with ya DM.

Say what you will but I have been saying this since the start of the 2012 season, we where going to place our selves in the right position to use our extra Scully picks as best as possible and as a supporter I feel this was the right thing to do for the clubs future.

I don't know if we will make the finals but we will definitely be a lot more competitive in 2013.

I think we have one special man watching over this team.

Jim Stynes will get his day in the sunlight were all his dreams for our club will come true.

The work this one man has done for all us MFC members will never be lost, and the red and blue family will finally see this start to grow in 2013.

God i miss you Jim Stynes your amazing mate.

The MFC had a very hard year in 2012 but hungry players like Viney,Jones,Clark,Grimes and Trengove will not rest till this club finish what Jim started.

RIP Jim Stynes

MFC FIRST & FOREVER

• Like 6

Not an impossible dream, obviously injuries will play a part in who makes the finals. I watched a few reruns of games from this year and we seemed to have lots of entries into the forward 50 for nil return, and lots of stupid turnovers. Both of these could be reversed with a good preseason, a full list and the quality inclusions we have.

Dream the Dream Demon.

• Like 1

Like everyone I would love to see it and for my kids to see it for the first time in their lives, but realistically I would be happy with 8 to 10 wins and to be competative in another 8 to 10 where we only where to get done by 3 to 4 goals. That to me with signs of further improvement in 2014 would be a pass.

Long way to go yet and we are due a decent run with injuries at some stage

• Like 1

There's an "Optimists Only" thread. This should be in that there.

Absolutely valid and reasonable logic. At this point anything is possible.

yes. The mayan calender says the world will end in December this year.

It is possible!!!

Edited by why you little

yes. The mayan calender says the world will end in December this year.

It is possible!!!

Dr Karl says it won't. I believe Dr Karl.

Dr Karl grew up as a Dee's supporter.

• Like 1

There is a precedent.

1953. We were eleventh out of twelve.

1954 Second.

1955-5-7 First.

Been there, done that and can do it again.

That is the longest Bow I have seen so far this century

• Like 3

Hey come on Old Dee. I thought we agreed that single malt whisky was the way to go.

Reverend I think Deemachine is way past the level of single malt help.

Single malt may be God's elixir but he needs serious medication

• Like 2

Yes, how could we top this?

1. Team pre-season reveals them to be well off AFL level fitness
  2. Forward involved in suspicious car crash (and leaves the scene)
  3. Revered President dies of cancer
  4. Coach accused of racial discrimination
  5. Star forward involved in machete attack and plays one game for year
  6. Previous years B&F has sulks and has mentally left club mid-season.
  7. Key star forward breaks down mid season with foot injury.
  8. Club accused of tanking in 2009 and under investigation by AFL
  9. Club comes under concerted attack in The Age led by a frothing CW
  10. Casey in financial trouble not paying it's players since round 5 and may fold...
  11. Year is not over yet...

Go Dees

With on field improvements, even success. Tanking stuff put to bed, stand alone VFL team, settled sponsors (you forgot the sponsor drama of that power mob) , increasing membership, great weather, warm beer and cold pies, beating the filth on QB (Dawsey kicking 7 and giving Buckley the bird). Tell me I'm dreamin' , but I'm looking forward to 2013...

Oh, and that witch having to publicly apologise AND face Gary Lyon on TV.

• Like 4

With on field improvements, even success. Tanking stuff put to bed, stand alone VFL team, settled sponsors (you forgot the sponsor drama of that power mob) , increasing membership, great weather, warm beer and cold pies, beating the filth on QB (Dawsey kicking 7 and giving Buckley the bird). Tell me I'm dreamin' , but I'm looking forward to 2013...

Oh, and that witch having to publicly apologise AND face Gary Lyon on TV.

Your dreaming

We have a good draw and eight to ten wins would be a great result.

Ther is however the unknown factor of how the new recruits will perform.

If Viney and Wines have good debut years,and Dawes fires up we could even sneak into the eight.

Someone like a Trengove or Tapscott could also step up to the next level.

If we rise to between North and Richmond lets assume we beat all teams beneath Richmond in 2012 (i.e. Brisbane, Port, Bulldogs, Suns, Giants) and 1/2 teams between North and Richmond in 2012 (i.e. St Kilda, Blues, Bombers, Tigers). and 1/6 teams at North and above...

Then the results for the season would be...

1. Port Adelaide - 1 win
  2. Essendon - 1/2 win
  3. West Coast - 1/6 win
  4. GWS - 1 win
  5. Brisbane Lions - 1 win
  6. Carlton - 1/2 win
  7. Gold Coast - 1 win
  8. Richmond - 1/2 win
  9. Freo - 1/6 win
  10. Hawks - 1/6 win
  11. Collingwood - 1/6 win
  12. St Kilda - 1/2 win
  13. Western Bulldogs - 1 win
  14. Sydney Swans - 1/6 win
  15. Geelong - 1/6 win
  16. Brissie - 1 win
  17. North Melbourne - 1/6 win
  18. GWS - 1 win
  19. Gold Coast - 1 win
  20. Freo - 1/6 win
  21. Adelaide - 1/6 win
  22. Western Bulldogs - 1 win

That gives us a grant tally of 9 (wins) + 2 (4 x 1/2 wins) + 1.33 (8 x 1/6 win) = 12.33 wins for the year.

Ha ha ha

Given the amount of elite sport played "above the shoulders" none of us should be surprised by what positive momentum (or the opposite) can do for a group. Belief goes a long long way....beat Port in Rd 1 and then Essendon and we're 4-3 going into Rd8 vs The Tiges....it becomes a huge game at that point.

It's possible but we need to be 5-3 early season; unlike the Hawks who can be 3-5 and still finish top our group doesn't have the true self belief yet - they'll talk about it but doing it is unique....Dawes, Byrnes in particular will help with the belief.

We're a much better chance of finishing 7-10th that many experts predict - someone will come from low ladder to finals; best it's us!

Dream on I say.

• Like 2

Given the amount of elite sport played "above the shoulders" none of us should be surprised by what positive momentum (or the opposite) can do for a group. Belief goes a long long way....beat Port in Rd 1 and then Essendon and we're 4-3 going into Rd8 vs The Tiges....it becomes a huge game at that point.

It's possible but we need to be 5-3 early season; unlike the Hawks who can be 3-5 and still finish top our group doesn't have the true self belief yet - they'll talk about it but doing it is unique....Dawes, Byrnes in particular will help with the belief.

We're a much better chance of finishing 7-10th that many experts predict - someone will come from low ladder to finals; best it's us!

Dream on I say.

It is great to read a fellow optimist here on this site.

The question that should be asked of all the pessimists is: "Why not?"

Given the long list of disasters that befell our club in 2012, things must surely look up.....if things all click then, as some foreign guy who has been in the news recently has said, YES WE CAN!!!

Unfortunately the Demonland search function doesnt go back to 1953-54, but I am sure going into 1954 the pessimists who endured the depths of 1953 would have said - NO WAY; but Norm Smith said....yes we can. The rest is (sadly distant) history.

Edited by monoccular

Rodan today "We're hoping to get some success as soon as we can. With the players we've got - experienced players - we can fast-track that. Hopefully I can see some finals and near-premierships coming soon."

Read more: http://www.theage.co...l#ixzz2BhfFFItG

Edited by PaulRB

Ah, that time of year when you are deluded enough to think we are a chance to do something good next season.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

I'm looking forward to the first "sack Neeld" post 5 minutes after we lose a practice match in Albury.

• Like 5