Brownlow Medal Night

stuie

Moving tribute to Jim Stynes from his brother Brian.

Inaugural Jim Stynes Community Leadership Award to Richmond's Daniel Jackson.

Meanwhile, Jobe Watson has a commanding lead in the Brownlow although Essendon doesn't do much from here.

Scott Thompson and Garry Ablett Jr. are probably the only ones close enough.

Agree. Outstanding tribute to Jimmy. The tears flowed again.

Well done to Watson who had a great year, but hard to overlook the fact that alot of the guys who could've taken votes off him fell victim to the Weapon's regime.

Would've loved to see Sam Mitchell take it out. Polls second again. Not good enough for AA selectors though. Laughable.

Edited by P_Man

Congrats to Jobe Watson and to his family. Worthy winner.

Ablett had at least one game of 43 possies and not a vote. Diesel Williams would have enjoyed that. Clearly if Ablett played for a better side, with a few more wins, he would have another Brownlow.

Basically only midfielders get votes.

Jonathan Giles polled three Brownlow votes in each GWS win in the Giants' inaugural season and yet he and the club can't agree on a contract.

This is a dead set disgrace when another player and his old man are sucking $2m of football money out of the system and he can't even poll a single Brownlow vote.

• Like 3

Jonathan Giles polled three Brownlow votes in each GWS win in the Giants' inaugural season and yet he and the club can't agree on a contract.

This is a dead set disgrace when another player and his old man are sucking $2m of football money out of the system and he can't even poll a single Brownlow vote.

I'm not a religiuos guy but it would pay Sheeds to read Galations 6:7.

i think it's great. They are a mess. Good.

He can always hang his hat on his 4th place in their BnF

And his unflinching morality.

Interesting to note that Jobe Watson only played 13 games in his first 3 years at the club.

Trenners (as noted in the latest article on MFC website) has so far played 47 games in his first 3 years and at times has played some damn good football.

And Trenners cops a lot of flack from many demonlanders on here.

I think taking this into account Trenners is really on the right path.

I'm not saying he will ever win a brownlow I'm just saying that in comparison to Jobe at the same point of their careers he is leaps and bounds ahead. The kid will make it.

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As

The more I think about it, the more I am amazed at Nathan Jones' efforts in 2012. His 14 votes put him at equal 13th with Joel Selwood, Nathan Fyfe and Brent Stanton while playing in a team that couldn't poll more than two of six allocated votes in their last two wins even though they finished comfortable victors (my theory is that umpires usually place greater emphasis on what happens at the end of games rather than during).

In any event I reckon if the team's performance over the season was more even, Jones would have polled closer to 20 votes and certainly would have finished well within the top ten.

My point is that Nathan Jones has worked very hard over the past couple of seasons to get where he is today and we need him to act as an example to our younger players of how, with hard work, the rewards come. He might not yet be an A grade midfielder but he's getting closer and I reckon if that sort of application becomes infectious, he will drag a few of our blokes up with him.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.