Brad Green

bush demon

Good luck to him if he does. Has every right to have another crack if he feels he's got it in him. I would not begrudge him if he decided to go around again.

said he still thinks watts best position is forward he must put on some bulkd and size and work on his competivness.

You would hope that is obvious to J Watts - it seems to be obvious to eveyone else! I don't think anyone questions Watts has the talent - has he got the hunger?

As for Greeny.... good luck to him whatever path he chooses

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 1

Greeny dosent have another useful season in him.He was dropping marks on a lead where he once could stand up in a pack and hold them. He's been missing goals he used to kick for several seasons now,he's slowed down even though he was never quick and he bends for the ball like an old man.

I hope he finds an assistants job in a lesser league before maybe coming back to the big time off field.

And yes Watts all the atributes to be a Goodes type except, it seems, the competitive outlook .Born and bred in Brighton one expects to succeed ,dont always expect to have to risk everything for success though.

Edited by IRW
  • Like 1

Greeny dosent have another useful season in him.He was dropping marks on a lead where he once could stand up in a pack and hold them. He's been missing goals he used to kick for several seasons now,he's slowed down even though he was never quick and he bends for the ball like an old man.

I hope he finds an assistants job in a lesser league before maybe coming back to the big time off field.

And yes Watts all the atributes to be a Goodes type except, it seems, the competitive outlook .Born and bred in Brighton one expects to succeed ,dont always expect to have to risk everything for success though.

What on earth does the fact that he was brought up in Brighton got to do with his lack of or desire of competitiveness. The need to compete at a certain level comes from within and whether he comes from Brighton or Boronia should not be a factor at all.

• Like 5

Will get picked up by another club next year. Just watched him on channel 9 say he was 'retired', anything but.

So, is that your take on it? You are saying he actually said he was retired but you read that as meaning "anything but"... or did Green himself use those words?

I think he will get involved again, but not as a player. I was interested to see him attend the Dees v Freo game in a minor assistant coach role; I am hoping that this means he may remain involved with the MFC in future.

• Like 1

Green was probably told its time by Neeld.

I remember Yze, Robbo, White, etc wanting to go around again.

Good luck to him.

Good player in his day, but that day went quite some time ago. No great loss.

If Aaron Davey retires this year, he will be the only one of that group to recognise that his time was up.

So, is that your take on it? You are saying he actually said he was retired but you read that as meaning "anything but"... or did Green himself use those words?

I think he will get involved again, but not as a player. I was interested to see him attend the Dees v Freo game in a minor assistant coach role; I am hoping that this means he may remain involved with the MFC in future.

Green said he would never say never to an offer. he said unlike other players at the end of the careers he had no lingering injuries. he sounded very much like he was letting it be known he was open to offers.

What on earth does the fact that he was brought up in Brighton got to do with his lack of or desire of competitiveness. The need to compete at a certain level comes from within and whether he comes from Brighton or Boronia should not be a factor at all.

From what you read this year the penny has dropped for Watts and he is now doing the work required to allow him to make the most of his talents.

Well said longsuffering. As a fellow born and bred brightonian I can attest to the fact nothing I have ever got hasn't come fro

Hard work

Well said longsuffering. As a fellow born and bred brightonian I can attest to the fact nothing I have ever got hasn't come fro

Hard work

Me too- the guys in my factory work their arse off every day.

I'm moving to Beach Rd very soon -after a quick re-structure of their super funds.

• Like 3

If you are going to start a topic please give the whole context. He was asked if a team in a position of playing finals wanted him to play what does he think? He said he was retired but never say never. I recorded it and just watched it. After he left hutchy asked wallet if he thought green would get an offer. Wallet said maybe only a couple of clubs and talked about gws and a couple of contenders.

Green was asked what he thought was jacks best position, to which he said forward. He said watts needs to put on more strength and size and that watts is an elite kick.

Well duh...it was obviously a streotype (which by the way are almost always shown to be innacurate after analysis) but nonetheless they are a communication mode ,....the meaning of which is usually well understood.....in this case that Jack seems comfortable with things,in contra distinction to the Jack Dyer stereotype...ie playing VFL was the only way to get a job, so you can bet I went at it as hard as I could. I doubt that hrld true for everyone in Richmond .

Actually I figured Jacks Public School education would give him the confident intelligence to enjoy the challenge that Neeld would obviously presenting to him!

Hows THAT for a cliche?

I'm not saying that north of the river people dont respond to challenges.

Geez ,sorry... In future I'll spell and grammer check,structure my sentence and paragraphs and make sure my fifth grade teacher Mr. Neeld approves of the lack of colour or uneccesary emotion in anything I present for evaluation.

Edited by IRW
  • Like 1

Chris Judd says hello.......stereotypical piffle

So which one is it.....a dropped mark on the lead...or a dropped pack mark?

Didn't Mark Neeld ask Brad what his 2013 pre season looked like? Brad's response was genuine in that he said while he felt within that he could have gone again next year he wouldn't because he felt like he was going out on his terms and he didn't want to take a young players spot on the list.

He was in the coaches box during the Freo game. Why would he bother hanging if he was considering playing elsewhere next year? He has aspirations of coaching so I think that is where he will end up!

Edited by waikikkamukau